The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lengsel - Solace

5 posters

Go down

Lengsel - Solace Empty Lengsel - Solace

Post by Guest Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:30 pm

Just listened to it on CD the whole way through for the first time. I got it last week in my efforts to build up my death and black (unblack?) music.

WOW, it is fantastic. The entire album holds together really well and the production seems pretty good too (at least to my untrained ears).

THIS IS THE ROUTE that Solid State should have taken over the years instead of going with so many milquetoast metalcore bands. I know, not all of them are that way, but so many are just "hey, life sucks, parents suck, friends suck, oh lookie here, there's a knife in my back, again, might as well leave it there to remind me of how everything sucks". Don't get me wrong, we all experience pain and depression and hurt at many levels and throughout our lives, but it gets old hearing about it in that way so much.

Sorry, I guess I really vented there.

Back on track!

This album rocks in a big way and I prize it!

(and yes, people have already warned me that their other album The Kiss, The Hope is way different, but that's ok, I'm ready. I'll play it later this week.

Back to top Go down

Lengsel - Solace Empty Re: Lengsel - Solace

Post by Kerrick Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:41 pm

cheers  Right on!  I'm glad you're enjoying it so much!  That was one of (if not the) first Christian black metal CDs I ever got.  It's just fantastic and really stands the test of time.

And yes, black metal >>> metalcore (sorry Hardcore Christian! Wink )

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by oteis Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:45 pm

Solace is fantastic! I have it on cd and vinyl. Btw most of Endtime Productions is pure gold if you're into black and death.
oteis
oteis
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:31 pm

"Solace" is one of the first black metal CD's I ever bought.  At the time it came out, I couldn't really get into it.  However, I could tell it had a unique quality about it.  Now, it is one of my favorite black / unblack metal albums and I still listen to it in 2021.

Still not crazy about "The Kiss - The Hope" though.  I may never come around to that one, who knows.... Arrow
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by FivePointPunk Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:07 pm

Guest wrote:THIS IS THE ROUTE that Solid State should have taken over the years instead of going with so many milquetoast metalcore bands.

Annnnd.... #micdrop.

Nothing else needs to be said regarding Solid State.

FivePointPunk
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

exo, Kerrick and Constantine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:48 pm

Constantine wrote:"Solace" is one of the first black metal CD's I ever bought.  At the time it came out, I couldn't really get into it.  However, I could tell it had a unique quality about it.  Now, it is one of my favorite black / unblack metal albums and I still listen to it in 2021.

Still not crazy about "The Kiss - The Hope" though.  I may never come around to that one, who knows.... Arrow

Solace truly is something special.  As for The Kiss... I do enjoy it and appreciate that they did something different, though it's definitely an acquired taste!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Progton and Constantine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Progton Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:14 am

Beautifull album indeed
Progton
Progton
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Kerrick likes this post