The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

prayer for my church

+2
Gandalf the White
Peter who was Vaak
6 posters

Go down

prayer for my church Empty prayer for my church

Post by Peter who was Vaak Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:39 am

Basically, three years ago, my pastor and a few others from Boston packed up and strated a church here in Tempe. They had rented out one church next to ASU for evening services and the occasional Friday service, life groups are held off campus throughout the week and a service at ASU on Thursdays. Since then, they had to move to another church which they rent out and now that one is too small. We are likely over the occupancy limit. 

So, now they are looking at trying to build a permanent church with room to grow while still being in close proximity to ASU because they reach out to the students extensively. Please pray that God brings something along. Thanks.
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

prayer for my church Empty Re: prayer for my church

Post by Gandalf the White Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:36 am

Praying.
Gandalf the White
Gandalf the White
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:12 pm

That is so encouraging to hear that your church is growing and thriving!  Praying that God opens the doors for it to continue to do so.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter who was Vaak Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:11 pm

Yeah, it's really great and at least 75% of the people there, I'd say, are students and more and more keep getting invited and attending.  It's to the point they are running out of chairs and people are standing or sitting on the ground for the entire service.  I almost had to stand before.  And they have people on staff who actively disciple others, help people to tackle their problems in a one-on-one setting and grow closer to God.  A friend does that with me and it's great.  The presence of God is real and tangible there, you can see it as people all around you are singing loudly to God and Jesus.  Most times, I can't even hear myself singing because of everyone else, it's great.  I just love this church and know it's having an impact on a lot of people for the positive.
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter who was Vaak Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:15 pm

Last night at a lifegroup, our leader asked us for suggestions for where the church could be, he wanted to know about plots of land around, and then the suggestions were great.  Storm the mosque next to the church office(separate building that is rented also), a mormon temple, a floating church in Tempe Town Lake and when we baptize people, we could just drop them in the lake.  He ended up saying he regretted asking that question. Laughing
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:21 pm

Your church "problems" are nice ones to have.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter who was Vaak Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:27 am

Yeah, they are great problems to have.  I love it!
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter who was Vaak Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:11 pm

Update!
My church had a box, of sorts, that they wanted to move within.  Well, the pastor felt we were being called beyond that area to move to.  It's some five miles away from where we are now, or so.  He found a building that he thought was perfect there.  He contacted the real estate agent about the place and he was told that the building was going to be purchased already, so he was bummed.  They wouldn't even let him view the place.  

He drove around with two others later in that area and they were drawn back there and the gate was open, so they're like "alright!" and drove in and checked it out.  They walked around and said they felt God telling them it was going to be their's.  They found an open door and explored it and realized that was it.

So, they prayed more and contacted the real estate agent.  He said that there was a glitch with the bank, but that it was going to go through.  Then they prayed the following Monday and contacted the real estate agent, again, and he said they were still having problems with the bank, but it was all but complete.

The church prayed again asking God for that building.  That Friday he got a text saying "The deal fell through.  When can you put together your offer?"  So, right now they are working through the finances of it to obtain it.  Unfortunately, the finances are a little high for this church, but God has made it possible so it's all but inevitable that through God this will work, but please, continue to pray that this works out.

Oh, and I left out one important detail.  This is next to the red light district in Phoenix.  There's a couple of schools there and the area, from what I overheard some people say, should be avoided at night.  We're in a decent area now, so this is quite the leap.  They intend to do outreach to the community and to bring students over to help tutor.  When he mentioned a few weeks ago about tutoring, I tell you, despite the fact it had almost never crossed my mind, if ever, the idea of tutoring children in math had immediately jumped out to me and I could hardly contain my complete and utter excitement at the opportunity to do so.  Next week, they'll be discussing more about how anyone can help out who wants to.  I am so looking forward to this!

Please, pray that this all works out and that everything goes great.
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:40 am

cheers Rockin Loud

Back to top Go down

Post by Xid Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:36 am

Awesome!
Xid
Xid
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://www.joshuascreed.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bassdude Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:08 pm

Praying...
bassdude
bassdude
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter who was Vaak Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:07 pm

I explored the area some with a friend and it's a former charter high school in an area where, within a mile, there is a county hospital, a mental hospital, a prison hospital, a jail, tons of hourly rate hotels, the "red light district" with a median income of $6000 for the houses just south and so much more.  The median income of this area is $16,000.
As my friend says, it's not the worst area, it's just right next to it.
Here's a few pictures:
prayer for my church 11050751_851694584888003_3913541543379138722_n
prayer for my church 11037307_851694668221328_6207704102575413652_n
prayer for my church 10988430_851694784887983_3007318372587429785_n

We waved to the people around and a lot of them seemed to have smiles they were just waiting to show off.  The entire time I was there, it was hard to hide my smile because of all the potential that exists.
Admittedly, we might have had a better time had my friend's car not looked like a cop car(crown victoria), but it was good.  It was amazing.
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:11 pm

Right on dude!  Looks great!  That is exciting.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter who was Vaak Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:14 pm

It is!
Oh yeah, and that guy in that picture?
He prayed the ekballo prayer, asking God to send him out to the nations to be a harvester.  And God heard him.  A leader in the church came up to him and told him a few weeks ago that the pastors and he agreed: he should go to India for 11 months to be a missionary.  He'll be leaving in May.  He found out at the time of being asked with two months or so to prepare and raise the necessary funds to do so.
He eats at Chick-fil-a almost every day cause has free coupons for there.  I told him that the worst part about India will be that they don't have Chick-fil-a there and he was like "Bro, don't even joke about that."
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter who was Vaak Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:39 pm

Something cool, when my pastor was looking at this place, he was wondering about the impact it would have on campus outreach because it's extensive and they want it to grow.  So, he got onto google maps and decided to see how far of a drive it is from ASU and it came up at 14 minutes.  Then he decided to see how far it is from another school, Grand Canyon University, a Christian university that within the next three years will be the largest Christian university in the country, and it came up to 14 minutes also.
So, he said 14-14, that's gotta be a verse!
They started looking through and came across this verse, Luke 14:12-14:
12 Then Jesus said to his host, “When you give a luncheon or dinner, do not invite your friends, your brothers or sisters, your relatives, or your rich neighbors; if you do, they may invite you back and so you will be repaid. 13 But when you give a banquet, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, 14 and you will be blessed. Although they cannot repay you, you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous.”
And that seems to encompass it pretty well.  Last Saturday, 25 people headed down there to cleanup and host an egg hunt for the kids.  About 165 people showed up after handing out 1000 flyers at the local school.  Apparently, some came out and were healed through prayer and others were just enjoying it.  I would've gone, but I had work.  Ah well.
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down