The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite Song from Sacred Warriors Wicked Generation

+16
Jessie G
Pershing1134
stepcousin
zelote
Mang67
Fundy
Drawnsword
Livna
FreeRangeBeliever
Staybrite
Follower of Jesus
Hardcore Christian
Superjuice
My Awesome Timothy
MikeInFla
Temple of Blood
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Favorite Song from Sacred Warriors  Wicked Generation Empty Favorite Song from Sacred Warriors Wicked Generation

Post by Guest Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:46 pm

Favorite Song from Sacred Warriors  Wicked Generation Th?id=HN.608040998671288228&pid=15

1. No Happy Ending
2. Little Secrets
3. Standing Free
4. Are You Ready
5. Minister By Night
6. Miss Linda
7. In The Night
8. Warriors
9. Wicked Generation
10. War Torn Hero

Back to top Go down

Favorite Song from Sacred Warriors  Wicked Generation Empty Re: Favorite Song from Sacred Warriors Wicked Generation

Post by Guest Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:48 pm

For me it would be ..

Followed by Wicked Generation

Back to top Go down

Favorite Song from Sacred Warriors  Wicked Generation Empty Re: Favorite Song from Sacred Warriors Wicked Generation

Post by Temple of Blood Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:41 pm

I never could get into this album or the debut although I love some of their other stuff.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:53 pm

Not too familiar with this album. I have Rebellion and Waiting In Darkness. That's it. I have heard some songs from other albums but never went looking for the back catalog. I need to start looking.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:35 pm

Really like 'No Happy Endings'!!!
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Constantine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:06 pm

"Little Secrets" struck me most emotionally.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:51 pm

I just started getting into Sacred Warrior my dads fave band from "back in the day"
He owns their 4 original albums on casette.
I jjust converted them onto my Itunes library
I really like
Rebellion, Master's Command, and Obsessions. I cant get into any songs on this one though
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:57 pm

This is almost my least favorite album by SW. But I love Warriors.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:07 pm

Probably my least favorite SW album as well.  My favorite track would be "Minister by Night"
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:58 pm

Yeah, this album is a rawer almost garage band sound at times...for me personally thats my cup of tea..I am a little surprised how little love for this album there is though...

Back to top Go down

Post by FreeRangeBeliever Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:17 am

Superjuice wrote:"Little Secrets" struck me most emotionally.

Yes, me too...and my favourite from this album - love the acoustic opening.....and the solo at 4.15  is so emotionally moving....combined with the lyrics..

All 4 of SW's albums were superb in their first period - 1988- 1991 - a very busy period....

My other favs from this album are No Happy Endings, Wicked Generation, War Torn Hero...and Standing Free.
FreeRangeBeliever
FreeRangeBeliever
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Livna Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:56 am

The title track Wicked Gen
Livna
Livna
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Drawnsword Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:41 am

Yeah, Wicked Generation! Love this album every song is so powerful. Signs that mark the times are so clear to see...
Drawnsword
Drawnsword
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://drawnswordgraphix.blogspot.co.nz/

Back to top Go down

Post by Fundy Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:44 am

Not keen on the album at all.  Haven't listened to it in years.  The rest of their discography is great though, and really happy to hear that they're writing for a new album.
Fundy
Fundy
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:48 am

Little Secrets. 
Even though I must confess that I don't care that much for this album amd neither to obssessions album.

On the other hand, I consider rebellion and Master Command a must have for any heavy metal fan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mang67 Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:28 am

Love this album... not sure why many don't dig it. I think it's better than Master's Command or Obsessions.  This album is full of raw emotion.

I vote for the last 3 songs: Warriors, Wicked Generation, War Torn Hero... for me these 3 songs follow each other so well and are a pretty epic ending to a fantastic album... makes you want to start the album all over again.
Mang67
Mang67
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Constantine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by FreeRangeBeliever Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:19 am

Mang67 wrote:Love this album... not sure why many don't dig it. I think it's better than Master's Command or Obsessions.  This album is full of raw emotion.

I vote for the last 3 songs: Warriors, Wicked Generation, War Torn Hero... for me these 3 songs follow each other so well and are a pretty epic ending to a fantastic album... makes you want to start the album all over again.

Yep....it's a raw album and the last couple tunes are the heaviest SW ever IMO......and the closest they came to thrash.

I love all 4 of those albums....the new album is good too...some great tunes...just not as consistent - the ballads don't grab me like their old ones like He Died, Unfailing Love, Turning Back.
FreeRangeBeliever
FreeRangeBeliever
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

bigtreads likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by zelote Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:11 am

Wicked Generation for sure

zelote
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by stepcousin Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:35 pm

title track

stepcousin
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing1134 Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:10 am

Wicked Generation for me! But you can't go wrong with any track on this album!
Pershing1134
Pershing1134
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie G Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:07 am

This was sort of their answer to Operation Mindcrime. I went with Ms Linda
Jessie G
Jessie G
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:51 am

Resurrecting a very old post to add my 2 cents....

Favorite song on Wicked Generation:

1.  No Happy Endings

Runners Up:

2.  In The Night
3.  Warriors
4.  Little Secrets
5.  Miss Linda

Awesomely good album!
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

bigtreads and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:06 pm

Gotta go with No Happy Endings, but the whole album rules.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:12 pm

I don't get the dislike for this album, maybe not as good as the others but has some great songs. 
No Happy Endings
Warriors
In The Night
Wicked Generation
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:39 pm

My favorite Sacred Warrior album. Favorite track is Minister By Night but No Happy Endings, Worn Torn Hero, Warriors, and Wicked Generation are incredible. Love how heavy and gritty this album is.

My only knock on it is the intentional allusions to Operation: Mindcrime (the crackly recordings between songs, Miss Linda = Sister Mary) It makes an otherwise unique album and a band that really doesn't sound like Queensryche get the stereotypical "secular rip-off tag" from the undiscerning. This would be my first recommendation to non-Christian friends if it wouldn't invite unfair comparison.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.center-cob.org

Black Rider and Constantine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next