The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Name Change(Sort of)!

5 posters

Go down

Name Change(Sort of)! Empty Name Change(Sort of)!

Post by Peter who was Vaak Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:33 pm

So, I changed my name(sort of) and there's a reason for that!  A few weeks ago, something happened that I am still trying to wrap my mind around.  My church has a service on my university's campus every Thursday, in addition to the Sunday service at their church, but anyways, my pastor was giving a sermon on what God has in store for our lives.  It was a very good one.  At the end, the lights dimmed and he told us to he wanted us to bow our heads and ask God what he has in store for our lives.  So, I did.

I wasn't expecting anything, but something did happen.  Three images popped into my head as clear as day:
1. Me in dress clothes at work at a computer and I was happy as I was doing the work.  It seemed pretty cool.
2. Me with a wife and holding a little girl.  Hey, a family?  That's pretty awesome.  Then that which prompts the name change...
3. Myself being crucified.  I was a little stunned, then I could clearly hear God call me "Peter" and that's when the a story from the Book of John 21 popped into my head:
15 So when they had eaten breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon, son of Jonah,[a] do you love Me more than these?”

He said to Him, “Yes, Lord; You know that I love You.”

He said to him, “Feed My lambs.”

16 He said to him again a second time, “Simon, son of Jonah,[b] do you love Me?”

He said to Him, “Yes, Lord; You know that I love You.”

He said to him, “Tend My sheep.”

17 He said to him the third time, “Simon, son of Jonah,[c] do you love Me?” Peter was grieved because He said to him the third time, “Do you love Me?”

And he said to Him, “Lord, You know all things; You know that I love You.”

Jesus said to him, “Feed My sheep. 18 Most assuredly, I say to you, when you were younger, you girded yourself and walked where you wished; but when you are old, you will stretch out your hands, and another will gird you and carry you where you do not wish.” 19 This He spoke, signifying by what death he would glorify God. And when He had spoken this, He said to him, “Follow Me.”

That's what popped into my head.  Admittedly, because of my limited knowledge of the book, only the part where he was told he will die for him popped in, but that also might be because that's all I needed to know.  I was a bit shocked, but not really.  I was calmed by it.  And ever since then, I've just felt a little different.  A good different, but different nonetheless.
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Name Change(Sort of)! Empty Re: Name Change(Sort of)!

Post by KaramKaram Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:12 am

Wow nice story Peter, it's been a long time since God spoke to me like that! I think I need to retake my relationship with Him
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Xid Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:31 am

Thanks for sharing!
Xid
Xid
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://www.joshuascreed.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:14 pm

Great story hope all these things come to pass
ecept the 3rd unless its God's will i guess Razz
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by XenonLion Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:39 pm

That is interesting.
XenonLion
XenonLion
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down