The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Metal Christmas

+22
My Awesome Timothy
Alan TWWB
cailen
StarPilot
Black Rider
New Creation
ThomasEversole
F1R3PR00F
Gorship
messiaen77
eatbugs
Kerrick
alldatndensum
sentient 6
d@v!d
deathisgain
Blake
nuclearwoods
MadKraken
metaldude
Xid
Hardcore Christian
26 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Metal Christmas - Page 5 Empty Re: Metal Christmas

Post by Guest Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:58 am

Blake wrote:I have never understood what is special about TSO. I find them highly overrated. Some people I know act like they are some ultra heavy metal Christmas music

I was a big Savatage fan back in the day. They were my favorite band for 10yrs. When they put out Dead Winter Dead in 95 I thought the Christmas themed instrumentals were amazing (though that album is one of their worst in my opinion)! When a year later they put out the 1st Trans Siberian Orchestra album I snatched it and enjoyed it for what it was. Of course Christmas Eve Sarajevo got recycled and was able to played on regular radio and they blew up within a year. Everything since then has been generally weak with only a few decent tracks. Coupling that with the fact that TSO killed Savatage leaves me as not caring about TSO. The Savatage guys always said, "It pays the bills." I'm sure it does.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:56 am

Mysterious Gamer Dude wrote:
Kerrick wrote:

I am particularly excited for the Blood Thirsty and Vials Of Wrath Christmas songs being made right now...

Blood Thirsty is working on a Christmas song?! Well dang how did I not know that...

Well that post was from a little while ago...  but the good news is that it already came out!  Adam posted it in this thread here:
https://thecmr.forumotion.com/t7069p50-metal-christmas#179778

And welcome to the forum!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocturnal Servant Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:25 pm

Hardcore Christian wrote:
Mysterious Gamer Dude wrote:O Holy Night by Becoming the Archetype. Still one of my Christmas favorites.  Metal 1

I'd link a vid here but sense I'm new I have to wait
Hey dude welcome to the forum!

Hope you enjoy your time here! Very Happy

What are some of your favorite bands?

Thanks! I got tired of the occultic filth and vulgarity on the secular metal forum I was on.

Here's some bands I'm into, not in any specific order. I'll just paste a list here. "Brace yourselves, a huge list of metal bands is coming."

[size=43]Renascent, The Famine, With Blood Comes Cleansing, Grave Declaration, Broken Flesh, Solamors, Becoming The Archetype, Crimson Moonlight, Still Breathing, Pantokrator, Training For Utopia, Demon Hunter, Antestor, Living Sacrifice, Hope For The Dying, Impending Doom, Death Requisite, A Hill To Die Upon, Dissimulator, WhatDrivesTheWeak, How The West Was Won, Tears Of The Martyrs, From These Ruins, Soul Embraced, Blood Thirsy, O Wretched Man, Eyes Of The Defiled, Oh Sleeper, Solomon, Every Knee Shall Bow, As They Sleep, Weslandia, The Twelfth Amethyst, Saints Among Soldiers, This Divided World, Silent Planet, Deuteronomium, 7 Horns 7 Eyes, Slechtvalk, Mychildren Mybride, Immortal Souls, A Thousand Times Repent, Divinefire, I Built The Cross, Parallax Withering, Extol, Your Chance To Die, Saving Grace, Fit For A King, Woe Of Tyrants, Earth From Above, In The Midst Of Lions, A Plea For Purging, Bloodlines[/size]
Nocturnal Servant
Nocturnal Servant
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocturnal Servant Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:31 pm

Kerrick wrote:
Kerrick wrote:

I am particularly excited for the Blood Thirsty and Vials Of Wrath Christmas songs being made right now...

Blood Thirsty is working on a Christmas song?! Well dang how did I not know that...

Well that post was from a little while ago...  but the good news is that it already came out!  Adam posted it in this thread here:
https://thecmr.forumotion.com/t7069p50-metal-christmas#179778

And welcome to the forum!

That's awesome! I've really gotta keep up with this stuff. 

And thanks! Glad to be here    Smile
Nocturnal Servant
Nocturnal Servant
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:33 pm

Mysterious Gamer Dude wrote:Thanks! I got tired of the occultic filth and vulgarity on the secular metal forum I was on.

Here's some bands I'm into, not in any specific order. I'll just paste a list here. "Brace yourselves, a huge list of metal bands is coming."

The Famine, With Blood Comes Cleansing, Grave Declaration, Broken Flesh, Solamors, Becoming The Archetype, Crimson Moonlight, Demon Hunter, Antestor, Living Sacrifice, Hope For The Dying, Impending Doom, A Hill To Die Upon, Oh Sleeper, Every Knee Shall Bow, As They Sleep, Silent Planet, Deuteronomium, 7 Horns 7 Eyes, Slechtvalk, Mychildren Mybride, A Thousand Times Repent, I Built The Cross, Extol, Saving Grace, Fit For A King, Earth From Above, In The Midst Of Lions, A Plea For Purging
I edited the list down to bands I own at least an album of!

Looks like we have a lot in common cheers

I miss a lot of these bands like The Famine, With Blood Comes Cleansing, Earth From Above, A Plea For Purging, and 7 Horns 7 Eyes

Are you excited for the return of Impending Doom and Oh Sleeper?

And what did ya think of the new Fit For A King and Silent Planet?

To me they were up in my top 10 albums of this year, actually Fit For A King was number one Guitar guy
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocturnal Servant Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:15 pm

Mysterious Gamer Dude wrote:Thanks! I got tired of the occultic filth and vulgarity on the secular metal forum I was on.

The Famine, With Blood Comes Cleansing, Grave Declaration, Broken Flesh, Solamors, Becoming The Archetype, Crimson Moonlight, Demon Hunter, Antestor, Living Sacrifice, Hope For The Dying, Impending Doom, A Hill To Die Upon, Oh Sleeper, Every Knee Shall Bow, As They Sleep, Silent Planet, Deuteronomium, 7 Horns 7 Eyes, Slechtvalk, Mychildren Mybride, A Thousand Times Repent, I Built The Cross, Extol, Saving Grace, Fit For A King, Earth From Above, In The Midst Of Lions, A Plea For Purging

I miss a lot of these bands like The Famine, With Blood Comes Cleansing, Earth From Above, A Plea For Purging, and 7 Horns 7 Eyes

To me they were up in my top 10 albums of this year, actually Fit For A King was number one Guitar guy

I am beyond hyped for Impending Doom's upcoming album next year! Would have been cool to see them at Facedown Fest earlier this year but the event was kinda far away so yeah. And about Oh, Sleeper I am stoked about the new album but I haven't picked it up yet because I just found out! Same goes for FFAK and Silent Planet! But maybe after Christmas rolls on by I can scrounge up some gift money to get some new albums  Metal 2

Say could you recommend a place to stay more up to date on this stuff? I know there's Heavy Metal Magazine but they don't update on all of the bands I like, and I tried Heaven's Metal Magazine but they only update about some of the older bands, I like the older bands I just need somewhere to get info about modern bands too. Other than that all I have to rely on is Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc. and of course google.

I think I'm gonna start buying albums in bundles, like one day order a bunch of Antestor albums then some other time buy a bunch of Broken Flesh and Blood Thirty albums. I have all of Impending Doom's albums but 99% of my music is digital thx to the absence of music stores. Like I literally only have 1 physicle copy of an album and it's one by Red. I'm usually just too impatient when it comes to music. But I've been thinking and I'm just gonna order physicle copies online, the wait will be worth it.
Nocturnal Servant
Nocturnal Servant
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:22 pm

I am beyond hyped for Impending Doom's upcoming album next year! Would have been cool to see them at Facedown Fest earlier this year but the event was kinda far away so yeah. And about Oh, Sleeper I am stoked about the new album but I haven't picked it up yet because I just found out! Same goes for FFAK and Silent Planet! But maybe after Christmas rolls on by I can scrounge up some gift money to get some new albums  Metal 2

Say could you recommend a place to stay more up to date on this stuff? I know there's Heavy Metal Magazine but they don't update on all of the bands I like, and I tried Heaven's Metal Magazine but they only update about some of the older bands, I like the older bands I just need somewhere to get info about modern bands too. Other than that all I have to rely on is Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc. and of course google.

I think I'm gonna start buying albums in bundles, like one day order a bunch of Antestor albums then some other time buy a bunch of Broken Flesh and Blood Thirty albums. I have all of Impending Doom's albums but 99% of my music is digital thx to the absence of music stores. Like I literally only have 1 physicle copy of an album and it's one by Red. I'm usually just too impatient when it comes to music. But I've been thinking and I'm just gonna order physicle copies online, the wait will be worth it.
I used to keep up with bands on http://radiou.com/

But as time has gone on they have less and less of even the modern bands, they dont keep up with older bands either

Its tough but I just use Facebook as a way to keep up, I dont use it for anything else really
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocturnal Servant Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:36 pm

I used to keep up with bands on (Had to remove the link)

But as time has gone on they have less and less of even the modern bands, they dont keep up with older bands either

Its tough but I just use Facebook as a way to keep up, I dont use it for anything else really

Ok thanks I'll check it out
Nocturnal Servant
Nocturnal Servant
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:32 pm

Here is my entry this year.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:01 am

^Love it. Rockin Loud

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor_Valconian Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:03 pm

I know this is early, but my daughter just played this for me and I had to share. If I waited until after Thanksgiving I would probably forget to post it. Enjoy (or not as the case may be).

Professor_Valconian
Professor_Valconian
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Location : In a meeting of the Society who puts things on top of other things

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:07 am

Man I get happy everytime I see this thread title pop up santa
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocturnal Servant Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:08 am

:3
Nocturnal Servant
Nocturnal Servant
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:19 pm

An album I always get back to this time of year is Halford's Winter Songs, he does a great job.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:17 am

I'll just put this here:

The other day my daughter sang "Grandma Got Half-eaten By a Zombie" to my parents.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:49 am

eatbugs wrote:I'll just put this here:

The other day my daughter sang "Grandma Got Half-eaten By a Zombie" to my parents.
That's awesome!
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:04 pm

alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by StarPilot Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:17 am

I love that December People.  Had not heard of them.  Will be listening to them now.  How about some Phil Keaggy?  Not metal but it is 100% Phil.
StarPilot
StarPilot
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:23 pm

I never knew until now that both .38 Special and Cheap Trick did Christmas albums.  I NEED these!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:25 pm

Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:04 am

Lynrd Skynrd also did a Christmas record.  I gotta find that, too!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:16 pm

A little late, but Slovak classic/heavy metal band Tublatanka has a couple Christmas albums.  I don't believe that they are a "Christian band" but apparently much of their Christmas songs are explicitly Christ-centric.

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Tublatanka/Po%C4%8Fme_bratia_do_Betlehema/111270
https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Tublatanka/Viano%C4%8Dn%C3%BD_de%C5%88/139799

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5