The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Auto tuning guitar. What will they think of next?!?

+4
Through The Dark Radio
exo
alldatndensum
oldschooldoom
8 posters

Go down

Auto tuning guitar. What will they think of next?!? Empty Auto tuning guitar. What will they think of next?!?

Post by oldschooldoom Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:49 pm

oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Auto tuning guitar. What will they think of next?!? Empty Re: Auto tuning guitar. What will they think of next?!?

Post by alldatndensum Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:59 am

I love the Robot technology. Gibson also has a self-tuning guitar. I'd love to have one, but they are so expensive. I wish I could get all of mine retro fitted with this.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Auto tuning guitar. What will they think of next?!? Empty Re: Auto tuning guitar. What will they think of next?!?

Post by oldschooldoom Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:29 am

Ah, now I see Gibsons' version. The YouTube is more informative and, well, let's just say less distracting.

oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:28 pm

The Peavey idea is actually closer to something like a L6 Variax, where the signal actually goes to a digital device before leaving the guitar. Teh strings are still slack and out of tune, it's just that the electronics of the guitar transpose things into key via the use of Autontune software that's been industry standard for pitch correcting and sweetening vocals for years. There's ALL SORTS of potential, once people get over the "I can hear a difference" aspect of things. any tuning, at any time, switched within song....and if I payed close enough attention to the vid, it's supposed to get Variax like capabilities as well. I just hope that it'll be available as an aftermarket thing, and not only pre-installed in a guitar whose physical properties i may not get along with :s

I seem to recall Fender having done something like several years ago, and closer to what Peavey is doing than the Gibson robot concept, because it had alternate tuning support as well.

Last edited by exo on Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Through The Dark Radio Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:30 pm

I'm still waiting for the auto-tuning trumpet.
Through The Dark Radio
Through The Dark Radio
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Driven Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:57 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:I'm still waiting for the auto-tuning trumpet.

It's called "perfect pitch" Very Happy
Driven
Driven
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://danielbandfan.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Through The Dark Radio Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:05 pm

danielbandfan wrote:

Have yet to see anyone with "perfect pitch" . . . some people are really close but not completely and not all the time Wink
Through The Dark Radio
Through The Dark Radio
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:48 pm

definitely interesting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Driven Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:44 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:
danielbandfan wrote:

Have yet to see anyone with "perfect pitch" . . . some people are really close but not completely and not all the time Wink

I tune by voice, especially with low brass (baritone/trombone)
Driven
Driven
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://danielbandfan.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariel,seekeroftruth Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:05 pm

I need this for my Ibanez rg. Imagine how much better it would make a floyd rose! The end of hours upon hours spent on tuning!
Ariel,seekeroftruth
Ariel,seekeroftruth
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Through The Dark Radio Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:07 pm

danielbandfan wrote:
Through The Dark Radio wrote:
danielbandfan wrote:

I tune by voice, especially with low brass (baritone/trombone)

Here's yer problem Very Happy
Through The Dark Radio
Through The Dark Radio
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkFireDragoon Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:08 am

Saw this a bit ago. Very interesting; seems to be really well done. The nice thing about this as opposed to (at least what I've heard about) the Variax' is that it is meant to FIX the tuning, as opposed to just change it. If a string is out of tune on a Variax and you change its tuning, its still out of tune Razz

I've also been checking out Robot guitars for a couple years; look quite interesting. The Firebird X seemed like a weird take on both the Robot group and the Variax group, though still more Robot. It was quite.... interesting, to say the least.

exo wrote:I seem to recall Fender having done something like several years ago, and closer to what Peavey is doing than the Gibson robot concept, because it had alternate tuning support as well.

The VG Strats? Yeah, they were more along the lines of Peavey/Line 6 in terms of what they did. Digital alternate tunings and such. Probably more akin to the Variax' overall, with different guitar models in it as well.
DarkFireDragoon
DarkFireDragoon
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkfVdrtLcRs

Back to top Go down

Post by @All4Himdino Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:42 pm

Ariel,seekeroftruth wrote:I need this for my Ibanez rg. Imagine how much better it would make a floyd rose! The end of hours upon hours spent on tuning!

Definitely...I ridded myself of that nightmare long ago. I liked the effect of the tremelo, but hate trying to keep it tuned. Wait...I have to grab a hex key. Mad
@All4Himdino
@All4Himdino
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down