The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

gettin' fit

2 posters

Go down

gettin' fit Empty gettin' fit

Post by MikeInFla Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:09 am

11 years ago I lost around 100 pounds doing the Slim Fast diet and exercise. It really works if you follow the plan and change the food you do eat. I started running 3 miles a day. If it rained one day I would skip and run 6 the next. I dropped down to 163. As a senior in highschool I weighed 175. I actually got down pretty thin, smaller than I had ever been. I slacked off in 2005 when I took a job in manual labor.

Well, at work they just opened a free fitness center. I have been using it the last week and the first week have already lost 5 pounds, down to 203. I decided to go ahead and try to lose some more because my size waist jeans were getting tight and I swore I would never go up another jean size past 34. I've been taking it easy, starting off on the bike, doing 8 or 9 miles then jogging a 10:30 mile on the treadmill. Then I was able to run at 6 mph the whole mile for a 10 minute mile. Today I did 1.5 miles in around 15 minutes. I used to be able to run a 5K in about 23-24 minutes. My goal is not to do that again at that speed but to get my weight down to 180-185. I have been doing a mile and a half the last 3 days.

But as a result my knees are very sore so I want to try something different today. Someone suggested using the Elptical Machine (sp?) as it was not as jarring on the knees as the treadmill. Anyone else have an other suggestions? I am also starting to watch how much I eat, not really what I eat as I normally eat pretty good for the most part anyway, something I have done for the last 11 years but now being back up to 208 when I started it proof diet isnt enough.

Anyone have any suggestions? Eliptical better than the treadmill? I've been trying to burn between 400-500 calories on each workout which is usually 20-25 minutes on the bike and 20 minutes on the treadmill (I walk the last half mile for a total of 2 miles).
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

gettin' fit Empty Re: gettin' fit

Post by Guest Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:39 pm

Do weights aswell and build muscle. Muscle burns fat just to exist, even when it is doing nothing. You can make up cardio workouts using weights aswell and you will get lean but build muscle aswell.

Back to top Go down

Post by Samond125 Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:47 am

Very interesting info!It will be a great knowledge to us . Eating clean, healthy diet and doing regular workout for maintaining weight and enhancing fitness level.  Thank you so much for sharing this valuable information with us.

Fitness Tacoma

Samond125
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down