The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ive begun a Christian only music journey

+5
Puritan Hessian
MikeInFla
Gandalf the White
Sickthing
nerf_herder4444
9 posters

Go down

Ive begun a Christian only music journey Empty Ive begun a Christian only music journey

Post by nerf_herder4444 Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:26 pm

Alright, so to make a long story short, for a while I have been sneaking cds into my house that my mom wouldnt normally let me have, untill she found them and took them away. A few months later, I found where she hid them and i took them back, only to be found out by her again. In the end, after a long stern talk, my mom said she would replace all the secular cds I had with a Christian one in its place, and I would have to agree to not bring secular CDs in the house. Although At first I was mad, I realized... There are so many good Christian bands out there, so I don't really have a need to listen to secular music. Also, there are many Chrisrian bands that I have been meaning to buy albums from, but ive never got around to buying them since I have been spending my money on other artists. I guess now I can direct my attention at the good bands ive been neglecting.
nerf_herder4444
nerf_herder4444
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Ive begun a Christian only music journey Empty Re: Ive begun a Christian only music journey

Post by Sickthing Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:02 am

Well atleast your mom will let you have Christian metal. Mine hardly tolerates CCM most of the time. Anyways I wish you luck and whatnot.
Sickthing
Sickthing
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Ive begun a Christian only music journey Empty Re: Ive begun a Christian only music journey

Post by Gandalf the White Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:47 am

I'll pray for you and offer this info. Aside from Johnny Cash, Bob Marley and a little bit of jazz, I went Christian only a few years ago and haven't regretted it once.
Gandalf the White
Gandalf the White
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:55 am

I grew up christian only... and I'm on the precipice myself, atm.

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:02 pm

Luckily my parents let me listen to what I wanted to in the 80's. a mix of secular and Christian. I still listen to just about everything but most of it is Christian Metal. And if a band like Rush puts out a new release I still pick those up as well, or even something classic out of the 5 dollar bin in Walmart.

With all of that said, now as a parent I let my kids listen to whatever and i find NONE of it offensive. If I did I would put on the brakes.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Puritan Hessian Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:09 pm

pick a genre! thrash? death? black? doom? groove? gothic? atmospheric? you name it.
http://www.metal-archives.com/search/advanced/searching/bands?bandName=&genre=&country=&yearCreationFrom=&yearCreationTo=&status=&themes=christianity&location=&bandLabelName=#bands

most can be found on www.fileshut.com , you can buy their cd's later on if you enjoy them
Puritan Hessian
Puritan Hessian
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

http://faithandheritage.com/2011/05/folk-metal/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:24 pm

i am Christian only other than Johhny Cash when actually his later stuff is Christian
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Driven Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:29 am

I used to be Christian only with regards to music, as I was young and needed milk, but now I listen to a few secular French metal bands (because there is virtually no French Christian metal), and to Rush (for their phenomenal musicality). I try to be cautious about the messages that are being promoted in the songs, without being too paranoid.
Driven
Driven
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://danielbandfan.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Through The Dark Radio Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:37 pm

I have yet to find a Christian replacement for Miles Davis, Charlie Parker, Thelonius Monk, Dizzy Gillespie and the like . . . so I guess I'll just stick to them Very Happy
Through The Dark Radio
Through The Dark Radio
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Driven Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:35 pm

Through The Dark Radio wrote:I have yet to find a Christian replacement for Miles Davis, Charlie Parker, Thelonius Monk, Dizzy Gillespie and the like . . . so I guess I'll just stick to them Very Happy
+1 Razz
Driven
Driven
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://danielbandfan.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Deepfriar Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:32 pm

Christian only pwnz.  Let me know if you need secular to Christian band comparisons (and I promise I won't tell you Skillet sounds like Marilyn Manson).
Deepfriar
Deepfriar
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down