The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ENOCH reviews

2 posters

Go down

ENOCH reviews Empty ENOCH reviews

Post by Soundmass.com Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:48 am

Order ENOCH CD here: https://www.soundmass.com/product/killing-starts-where-hate-begins

First up, a review of "Killing Starts Where Hate Begins" in Dutch! - https://www.musika.be/2020/02/04/enoch-killing-starts-where-hate-begins

Some key lines, roughly translated, read:

"Yes, it all sounds good: solid drum patterns, driving bass lines, strong riffs and quite beautifully elaborated guitar solos. But Lorraine's voice is above that. The lady in question can play cleanly and smoothly with a clean voice, but also works beautifully with rather raw vocals and then completely wraps you in with deep grunts. And those vocal changes sometimes happen in one and the same text line. So a lady with many vocal capacities who makes sure that Enoch stands out in the stream of new releases."

Soundmass.com
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

ENOCH reviews Empty Re: ENOCH reviews

Post by Soundmass.com Fri Mar 06, 2020 12:28 pm

Very descriptive review at https://ringmasterreviewintroduces.wordpress.com/2020/02/10/enoch-killing-starts-where-hate-begins

Their summary:  "Killing Starts Where Hate Begins simply left us hungry for more and eager to share the word. Certainly there is still more to find in originality and imagination within their sound but Enoch already are a fresh breath for the metal scene and surely destined to be embraced far further afield than their homeland."

Soundmass.com
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockrz Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:12 am

I heard them in this song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG_pc9YKjGk

and is sounded like there was something wrong with the singer's mic Laughing
Rockrz
Rockrz
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Soundmass.com Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:37 am

Great review from Germany: https://thrashboombang.wordpress.com/2020/01/30/neues-album-killing-starts-where-hate-begins-von-enoch

Here it is fully translated:

Recently, an acquaintance asked himself during his move how he should structure his music collection in the future. Again divided into genres and sorted alphabetically or should he dare to break down the genre boundaries and see what happens when Sepultura lands next to Sido. My digital playlist is already structured in this way and I can only say that it produces wonderful things. When Paul Anka suddenly follows Vader, it gives you a whole new and unobstructed view of life. I also leave my own comfort zone with the debut EP by Enoch. "Killing Starts Where Hate Begins" is the name of the good piece and the title should be considered for a moment. Thank you! The alternative / groove metallers come from New Zealand and singer Lorraine Brodie has sovereignty over the microphone. Anyone who knows me a bit knows that I traditionally have difficulties with singers. Yeah ... it's like that, damn it. But in the case of Enoch, it was worth pushing your own boundaries.

Because Lorraine Brodie is not just any forest and meadow singer who drills away opereskily. No, it really hits the mark and is extremely changeable. In the five songs on “Killing Starts Where Hate Begins”, her voice sometimes sounds clear, sometimes flattering, sometimes dirty, sometimes it growls angrily and sometimes it sounds pretty crazy. Sometimes reminds me of early Nina Hagen. Of course there is also a band for the singer. A good one, which should never be neglected. “Pieces” is grooving with cool rhythm and lots of bass. The very present bass by John Brodie gives the album character and booming depth. "Reasons Why" offers us a smooth riff, a howling guitar and the entire vocal variance of the Lorraine Brodie perfectly coordinated. "Stranger" attacks me with a great guitar solo by Micheal Germon. The slightly detached and at the same time tangible sound of the guitar fits excellently. "Loner". Deep, oppressive riff, growls, rhythmically perfectly supported by drummer Ross Curtain. Then the guitar rises with a hectic, groovy melody. Very cool. "Bow And Be Devoured" shifts down a gear. Partly clean guitar, clean vocals. But builds up like a storm cloud that then breaks loose. Heavy, dark, pounding. Wonderful.

Extremely successful debut EP by Enoch. With “Killing Starts Where Hate Begins”, the New Zealanders succeed in creating an album that is heavy, oppressive, dark, yet extremely groovy and modern. Listen in!

Soundmass.com
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rockrz Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:52 pm

Great review from German

They drink lots of beer over there, so they like anything after a few bruskies Rolling Eyes
Rockrz
Rockrz
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Soundmass.com Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:22 am

Positive review from Brazil: http://rockvibrationsofficial.blogspot.com/2020/01/enoch-killing-starts-where-hate-begins.html

Roughly translated: "...a good mix of interesting elements and experiments, bringing a great option for those who like names that produce an original sound. Linked to dark and dense concepts in some things, it moves very well between the alternative rock fan and the metal fan with a lot of groove, elements that can vary according to your approach during your tracks. Scheduled for January 31 of this year 2020, "Killing Starts Where Hate Begins" will reach its fans (via Soundmass) with a lot of talent and commitment, showing that the musicians have concrete and convincing ideas. With the great vocals of the beautiful Lorraine..."

Soundmass.com
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Soundmass.com Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:09 am

There's an ENOCH interview at The Rock Metal Podcast. Either scroll down to March 10 or click this link:

https://open.spotify.com/episode/1Se02b1mBrUDjIeja7ERH9

Soundmass.com
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Soundmass.com Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:59 am

7.5/10 review score from Headbangers News in Brazil: www.headbangersnews.com.br/resenhas/killing-starts-where-hate-begins

Soundmass.com
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down