The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crowned In Sorrow (atmospheric doom/death metal)

+6
BaleMaster
Drawnsword
deathisgain
Pro-Zak
Frozen Fire
Kerrick
10 posters

Go down

Crowned In Sorrow (atmospheric doom/death metal) Empty Crowned In Sorrow (atmospheric doom/death metal)

Post by Kerrick 21/12/2019, 7:40 am

Multi-instrumentalist maestro Derek Corzine (Blood Thirsty, Cosyns, Whisper From Heaven, Syringe...) has a new project Crowned In Sorrow and it's sounding absolutely killer.  From the song posted, I'd describe it as atmospheric doom/death metal with some symphonic flares.  It's some really majestic stuff.  Check out the song here:
https://crownedinsorrow.bandcamp.com/releases

You can follow 'em on FB too:
https://www.facebook.com/CrownedInSorrow/

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Crowned In Sorrow (atmospheric doom/death metal) Empty Re: Crowned In Sorrow (atmospheric doom/death metal)

Post by Guest 21/12/2019, 11:49 am

Thanks for the heads up on this Kerrick!  I've been a fan of Blood Thirsty for some time now, but if this song by Crowned In Sorrow is any indication of what an entire album might sound like then I'm genuinely excited.  This is top shelf stuff!

Back to top Go down

Crowned In Sorrow (atmospheric doom/death metal) Empty Re: Crowned In Sorrow (atmospheric doom/death metal)

Post by Frozen Fire 21/12/2019, 1:12 pm

Love Blood Thirsty so I'll definitely check this out as it develops. I'll say I prefer Blood Thirsty to this but it sounds great. Derek is an incredible talent!
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak 21/12/2019, 2:12 pm

Wow, that is quite good, killer riff!  Metal 3
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain 21/12/2019, 4:46 pm

Not bad. You finally found something good Kerrick! Razz
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Drawnsword 24/12/2019, 1:35 pm

Good stuff. Hopefully a full length album is mustered up soon.
Drawnsword
Drawnsword
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://drawnswordgraphix.blogspot.co.nz/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick 31/12/2019, 1:13 pm

I'm glad y'all like it!  Yeah this stuff is killer.  Drawnsword, Derek said that his schedule nowadays allows him to really focus on making more music and he plans to get a full-length out relatively quickly which is great news!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Drawnsword likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster 13/1/2020, 3:13 am

Good stuff, Maynard!
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire 30/1/2021, 9:28 am

Coming in the mail on Monday but thanks to Bandcamp I'm already listening. This will be a strong contender for album of the year. It's absolutely magnificent! I'm honestly surprised. I liked what I heard before but these songs are huge with monster riffs, brutal harsh vocals and soaring melodies but there is melancholy and quiet beauty throughout. What an album!
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Drawnsword, Kerrick and 1620 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick 30/1/2021, 9:43 am

Yeah I just finished listening to the album once-through and am in total agreement: this is a major AOTY contender for me and it's still only January!  Very Happy

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine 30/1/2021, 2:25 pm

I just listened to the Crowned In Sorrow album on Spotify. Very talented band / project, good stuff. I do prefer the cleaner signing though, I am not that keen on the rough vocals because they're at times mixed too loud and are over-distorted.   Overall though the album is surely going to make my Top 10 for 2021 because it is so well-done.  Right now it is #1.  This is like what Pink Floyd would be if they were a doom-death band.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Nun 28/3/2021, 8:56 am

This is my early album of the year leader though it appears there is much competition incoming. I was a big fan of November's Doom's "The Pale Haunt Departure" and this album has the same quality, power punch with the growled and clean vocals. It's really impressive that Derek does all the instruments, including drums and synths. There's a lot of strong emotion in this album which really speaks to me due to some events in my personal life that coincided with the album release. This will be hard to top.
Son of Nun
Son of Nun
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Drawnsword likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire 28/3/2021, 2:12 pm

Son of Nun wrote:This is my early album of the year leader though it appears there is much competition incoming. I was a big fan of November's Doom's "The Pale Haunt Departure" and this album has the same quality, power punch with the growled and clean vocals. It's really impressive that Derek does all the instruments, including drums and synths. There's a lot of strong emotion in this album which really speaks to me due to some events in my personal life that coincided with the album release. This will be hard to top.

Great call on the November's Doom comparison. That's what I think of often as well. The brutality of the vocals, the melody and texture, the strong pounding riffs. I'm having a hard time thinking of where this will end up but it continues to get better every time I listen. I'm blown away by the emotion packed into this, the majesty of the more epic moments and the authenticity of the lyrics. This album is brutally honest lyrically and surely will hit home for many who take time to listen.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Drawnsword, BaleMaster and Son of Nun like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by FivePointPunk 30/3/2021, 3:20 pm

This is quite good.  I hear some 7 Horns 7 Eyes influences as well, which is not a bad thing at all.

FivePointPunk
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine 16/4/2021, 5:00 am

Just found this recent interview with Derek Corzine about Crowned in Sorrow and his various bands. 
The sound is muffled at times but it is a good glimpse into his creative process, and his testimony.

Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy 16/4/2021, 7:20 am

I picked this up, am I the only one who’s not that into it?  I love some good doom/death, and I feel like pretty much every track has at least a section where I’m thinking “oh yeah!,” but then another piece that kind of loses me.  I wasn’t that into 7 Horns 7 Eyes either as 5PP compared it to either though.  Dude is a serious musician, that much is clear.  But I don’t find myself coming back to this.  Maybe this post should be in the “unorthodox opinions” thread.

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick 21/4/2021, 4:54 am

Grindboy... Monkey Biz

Ha, well to each his own (but you're still wrong Wink ).

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy 21/4/2021, 8:24 am

In truth, my track record would suggest that I’m wrong a LOT!

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick 21/4/2021, 8:28 am

lol!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire 21/4/2021, 8:43 am

Listening to this today actually. Still glorious!

I do get it though. I used to have a good +100 doom death albums before I came to Christ. It was a favorite genre. The band Swallow The Sun was highly lauded when they came out (at least in my circles). I liked their material but it was never a favorite like November's Doom, who got a lot less praise. My favorite bands were Evoken and Mourning Beloveth and the major metal sites never covered any of their material.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down