The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random thoughts...

+46
nocturnaliridescence
TopJosh (Josh L.)
Fundy
Krich
scottmitchell74
L8T
Sevenoneself
ChosenNightwolf
Pethead
Son of Nun
Sophia Valentine
Theonymic
Keva
Constantine
Triptyque
Raegoul
Frozen Fire
Dustofyears
TZ75
MagnusPrime
Superjuice
Hidgxx
WildWorld
BaleMaster
Staybrite
Kerrick
Grindboy
CrimsonWarrior
Guenther321
oldschooldoom
Athanasius
Black Rider
New Creation
Rockrz
Snert I
Ammocas
Athonite
Markus1987
Livna
crucifyd
Andreas89
ThomasEversole
alldatndensum
Driven
HenrikB
MikeInFla
50 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Random thoughts... - Page 5 Empty Re: Random thoughts...

Post by Kerrick Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:16 pm

Oh dang, I hope you heal quickly!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:21 pm

Thanks man. Smile
It will probably take a few months to heal though, at least, that's my best guess.

This Discord game server I'm admin on, in February we had a cheater in the game get caught and banned from the game. He groveled on Discord saying he was sorry.
Just this morning, he was back to his old tricks - so I made this meme to make his hypocrisy funnier.

Random thoughts... - Page 5 Unknown

ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Driven Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:13 pm

Part of me is never quite at ease with doing things like that, but part of me wants to see poetic justice. Razz
Driven
Driven
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://danielbandfan.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:42 am

Driven wrote:Part of me is never quite at ease with doing things like that, but part of me wants to see poetic justice. Razz

His response to his meme, was similar to other's response on the server.  
Laughter.  
I'm sure it could have been sarcastic, but he didn't indicate either way.

He also **tried** to make fun of me for "caring".  It only sounded like a compliment.

When he continued to just try to sell his hacks, I gave him the boot from that Discord.
I also blew the whistle to the devs and I guess this guy had 6 accounts on 1 device - they banned them all.

Poetic justice?  Perhaps.

Justice?  Yes. (and if not yes then "I tried" works)

lol!
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:10 am

I'm still trying to wrap my head around finishing the 7th full length Orationem album this month.  I feel so blessed being able to work with Vision of God Records / Christian Metal Underground for yet another release.

Something a little different than prior releases.  Between 6 albums of lyrics, other song lyrics, a published book on the lyrics - I've said enough.  This album's lyrics are verbatim scripture.  (taken from Psalms)

I was a little surprised to learn (and annoyed to discover) the copyright laws involved with The Bible.

There's 60 different versions of the English Bible that I'm aware of.  Only 8 of those I've found, are actually "public domain".  

The other 52 English versions, if you use ANY of "their Bible" for "commercial reasons" (on or in something sold, like as lyrics in published music, or text on a sold shirt), then not only would a special license need to be acquired from the publisher for it to be legal, but also a lengthy paragraph-long "disclaimer" would need to be included somewhere (for CDs, the insert, for sites with downloads, the webpage) indicating THEIR copyright status, and the license and expressed written permission obtained from said publisher.

I'm sorry, but I think this is goofy as all-get-out.

If someone did a translation, a transliteration, modernized vernacular of Shakespeare, I could see society decrying "patchwork-plagiarism!" or "its a knockoff!".
Meanwhile, translations/transliterations of THE HOLY BIBLE, are "theirs", thus sayeth the publishing company.

Give me a break.  Yes, I know that translating the Bible is a lot of work from a lot of people for a long period of time, but....

Its the BIBLE.  Its scripture!
They didn't write it!!!
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:10 am

^Copyright extends well beyond the death of the author, so I'm not at all surprised that there's not many free domain options for you in that department.

But yes, when I first found out that Bible translation organizations actively enforce their copyrights, I was pretty appalled (still am). The nature of the Bible is that its contents should be shared with all humanity, so I can't think of many situations where it would be morally OK to tighten the thumb screws in this matter.

You can always use the KJV of course, I don't know much about it but from what I've read it can sound pretty metal. Hmm, KJV-only-metal...
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:24 am

I think that our beloved cat is dying.  She was pretty sick over the weekend and wouldn't eat.  She is drinking, but even after the stomach issues are gone she is continuing to refuse to eat.  With her being 18 1/2 years old, this can't end well.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:49 am

Andreas89 wrote:^Copyright extends well beyond the death of the author, so I'm not at all surprised that there's not many free domain options for you in that department.

Copyright expires between 70 to 120 years after the author's death. It actually revolves more around the publication than anyone dying.

This isn't why versions of the Bible are copyright though. Its not like Genesis through Deuteronomy are copyright "Moses".
lol!

Nope, this is straight up publishing company translates original text = publishing company says "This is mine!".

Andreas89 wrote:But yes, when I first found out that Bible translation organizations actively enforce their copyrights, I was pretty appalled (still am). The nature of the Bible is that its contents should be shared with all humanity, so I can't think of many situations where it would be morally OK to tighten the thumb screws in this matter.

I fully agree bro.

Andreas89 wrote:You can always use the KJV of course, I don't know much about it but from what I've read it can sound pretty metal. Hmm, KJV-only-metal...

No I don't think I'll re-record the vocals for KJV. Laughing

I did consider using it at one point, but I think the different (not-modern) vernacular would be quite challenging to vocalize quickly, with the quick parts of songs.

KJV is one of the 8 public domain versions of the Bible, but the UK has a "royal perogative" for it so.... its use is still restricted in 1 country.

I actually used the World English Bible. (WEB)
The wording is incredibly clear/modern, it is completely public domain and there is absolutely no restriction for its use.
The only thing the WEB publishers have asked is that if "some of the wording is changed" (no longer VERBATIM), don't call it the WEB anymore.
"This is to limit confusion, not your freedom."

Since I went straight 100% verbatim, WEB it is. :B

alldatndensum wrote:I think that our beloved cat is dying.  She was pretty sick over the weekend and wouldn't eat.  She is drinking, but even after the stomach issues are gone she is continuing to refuse to eat.  With her being 18 1/2 years old, this can't end well.

Oh no. I'm sorry bro. Sad

I don't think I'm that far behind you. My "old woman cat" will be 17 years old in a few months.
I've been mentally preparing myself for her death.

There's nothing we can do to stop it, but I we can still wallow and love those old little critters while they're still here.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:00 pm

alldatndensum wrote:I think that our beloved cat is dying.  She was pretty sick over the weekend and wouldn't eat.  She is drinking, but even after the stomach issues are gone she is continuing to refuse to eat.  With her being 18 1/2 years old, this can't end well.
I hate to say it but I believe the end is near. This is the same thing that happened with our 19 year old cat and our 15 year old dog. I did the deed, took them to the vet and said one last goodbye.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:07 am

What... never heard of that one. But well, anything for the queen I guess.

Actually Disney has been lobbying really hard to extend the temporal limitation of copyright to 90 years in the US, as far as I know.
In the same vein, it has been only since 2016 that the song "Happy birthday" became public domain.
Andreas89
Andreas89

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:30 am

We have had the worst luck this year with tires!  I ran over a nail back in the spring and had to have a tire on my truck plugged.  Then, during the summer, my wife ran over a deck screw.  The drove on the tire about a half mile to get to a safe place to get off the road.  That little bit chewed up the sidewalk of her car's tire and we had to replace it.  Then, last night, I ran over some mysterious object on a front tire that made about a 1" gash in the tire.  I took the tire to this little place that fixed my truck tire in the spring.  They discovered the big gash while I was standing there with them, and I had to have a new one.  Sadly, all they sell is used ones and it was late enough I couldn't go elsewhere and buy a new tire.  So, I am out $50 for a used tire and will have to buy a new one today.  GRRRRrrrrrrr!!!!!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:36 am

I got my ticket to see Wovenhand this Saturday.  I've seen them four or so times in the past and they always put on a fantastic show.  With a wife and kiddo at home (plus living in north Idaho...) I don't get to see too many concerts these days, but I couldn't pass this up!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:16 am

^Nice!
My last metal concert was actually in March 2016. One of the things that make those concerts great for me is attending them with family or friends. And since I'm living so far away these days, it does not occur to me that often anymore.
There's only a handful of metal artists that my wife also likes, so she's not much help either... Razz
Andreas89
Andreas89

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:13 am

I bought a new digital alarm clock yesterday.  I have been using my phone since my old Tazmanian Devil clock started making weird noises.  However, without putting my glasses on in the middle of the night, I can't read what time it is.  So, I bought this clock as it has 3.5 inch numbers for the display.  I can see it across the room if I wake up in the middle of the night!  Now I will know what time it is and how much longer I can sleep if I wake up to go pee!

You know you are getting old when you get excited about a large print anything or alarm clocks!!!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Markus1987 Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:21 am

I also bought a new digital clock couple of weeks ago. Mainly because my phone shut down a couple of times at the night, and I used my phone's alarm clock Very Happy . It's also good to have a separate watch in the house
Markus1987
Markus1987
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:35 pm

Today my contract ends for the job I've had for the past 18 months.  God was incredibly generous when He opened this opportunity for me: we were moving to a different state where we knew nobody and the job I had lined up fell through at the last minute.  Then He put this job in front of me and by His provision we've since been able to live comfortably and even buy a home!  There's a company regulation that prohibits contractors for working more than 18 consecutive months but that resets after a three month hiatus so hopefully I'll be able to return at that time.  It's a little nerve-racking not having steady employment for at least the next three months, but already God's been opening new opportunities for me through the LLC I opened last year.  It serves as a good reminder to me that He's sovereign and that we're completely dependent on Him for everything we have.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:42 pm

This past week has been pretty hard, with the sudden death of my grandmother. (my last grandparent)

Me and the rest of my family had a pretty epic cry session there in the funeral home.

There's comfort in scripture, knowing that even though she can't come see us anymore, but we'll go see her one day. ...but its still emotionally and mentally draining to deal with missing a loved one that we all spent time with frequently.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Driven Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:55 pm

My condolences, Thomas. Death sucks. I get what you mean by the tension between comfort in Scripture and the reality of the pain.
Driven
Driven
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://danielbandfan.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:10 pm

Thank you Driven. Funerals have always been an emotional whiplash for me.

Like there's sadness regarding person who died, they aren't here anymore / I'll miss them, and sadness that I won't be able to see/visit with them for the rest of MY life...
Then there's happiness that they didn't suffer / are no longer suffering, and I'll see them again one day in heaven. (my entire family are pretty devout Christians)

Back and forth, back and forth, back and forth.
Happy and sad, happy and sad, happy and sad.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:22 pm

I'm sorry for your loss, my last grandparent died three weeks after my daughter was born so she never got to meet her great granddaughter but I was told she saw pics of her, I know i'll get to see her one day as she was a strong devout christian, but on the other side she was ready when my grandfather passed which was 1984 , my grandmother passed in 2015.

I totally understand what you are saying about the happiness of their suffering ending and going to a much better place, and the reality of the pain and sorrow the loved ones feel at their passing. I think its part of human nature to grieve the loss of a loved one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:52 pm

Ugh, I read a recent interview from a [secular] band I've been a fan of for a long time, only to discover that they're quite anti-Christian.  I had emailed with their singer years ago about their lyrics and he assured me they weren't.  Evil or Very Mad   Sigh...  Oh well, that'll make some extra room on my nearing-capacity iPod for new tunes I guess.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:14 am

ThomasEversole wrote:This past week has been pretty hard, with the sudden death of my grandmother.  (my last grandparent)

Me and the rest of my family had a pretty epic cry session there in the funeral home.

There's comfort in scripture, knowing that even though she can't come see us anymore, but we'll go see her one day.  ...but its still emotionally and mentally draining to deal with missing a loved one that we all spent time with frequently.
A bit late, but my condolences nevertheless.
Of course the prospect of seeing each other again is more than hopeful, but it does not (entirely) erase the current emptiness in your lives.
Andreas89
Andreas89

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:17 am

Kerrick wrote:Ugh, I read a recent interview from a [secular] band I've been a fan of for a long time, only to discover that they're quite anti-Christian.  I had emailed with their singer years ago about their lyrics and he assured me they weren't.  Evil or Very Mad   Sigh...  Oh well, that'll make some extra room on my nearing-capacity iPod for new tunes I guess.
I'm curious... which band?
Andreas89
Andreas89

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:01 pm

Andreas89 wrote:
Kerrick wrote:Ugh, I read a recent interview from a [secular] band I've been a fan of for a long time, only to discover that they're quite anti-Christian.  I had emailed with their singer years ago about their lyrics and he assured me they weren't.  Evil or Very Mad   Sigh...  Oh well, that'll make some extra room on my nearing-capacity iPod for new tunes I guess.
I'm curious... which band?

The Drowning: a doom/death band from the UK.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:35 pm

Im thankful for a community where we can discuss music even if we have varying opinons and tastes one thing we all have in common is love for music

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next