Greta Van Fleet

Go down

Greta Van Fleet Empty Greta Van Fleet

Post by heck on Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:38 am

So....what do ya’ll think of this band? Zeppelin rip off or millenial heroes bringing 70’s rock to the masses? Gotta tell you I bought both albums on iTunes and there’s some enjoyable stuff in there even if their band logo and album covers rip off Stranger Things. The dudes are talented, but need more originality....

heck
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Greta Van Fleet Empty Re: Greta Van Fleet

Post by HenrikB on Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:26 am

The way I see it, if "ripping off Zeppelin" sells, why not do it? Smile Sure, they need more originality, but the first thing people said about Rush was that they were a Zeppelin clone. But they found their own thing, I'm pretty sure that Greta Van Fleet will find their own thing eventually. And if they don't...well, there's only so much you can rip off another band before it gets boring and annoying.
HenrikB
HenrikB
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla on Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:45 am

I love 'em, own both releases.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider on Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:24 am

It's new to the young 'uns and maybe it will get some of them into good music. I sort of think they're more a novelty though but we'll see.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld on Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:32 am

Liked the From the Fires EP, but the full-length album (Anthem of the Peaceful Army) sounded too much like they were trying more to emulate the more folky side of Zeppelin, which didnt really appeal to me, though there are a handful of good songs.

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain on Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:14 pm

They've been hot or miss with me. More on the miss side.
deathisgain
deathisgain
Metal Slacker

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by heck on Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:27 am

I remember in the 80’s Robert Plant being pissed at Whitesnake’s Still of the Night....and I dont think Page liked Kingdom Come’s Get It On.

heck
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice on Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:18 pm

I've given up on bashing rock bands that broke into the mainstream.  We've got nothing but pop and hip-hop garbage out there now, so I'm not going to complain when a band that plays actual instruments hits it big.

We bashed Kansas and Styx when they became regular radio rotation plays - those days are gone now.  Styx broke up and Kansas faded into obscurity. 

.38 Special and REO Speedwagon became poppier coming out of the 70's and were bashed into non-existence. 

We bashed pop/glam metal when it became the darlings of MTV and it then became uncool for over 20 years.  You wouldn't dare say you once liked Ratt or, even, *gasp,* Tesla (which wasn't even part of that scene).

Then we bashed grunge out of the rock scene and rap/rock replaced it as the flavor of the day. 

Then Creed came along and carried the rock banner on the radio.  I heard nothing but criticism against the band; being a Pearl Jam "rip-off" when the style of the band barely resembled PJ except in the vocals being on the lower side of baritone.

And rock was never heard from again in the mainstream.

I just say let these light weight rock bands "be" so that rock can survive and eventually more substantial bands will get their exposure.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by metalh on Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:21 pm

Absolutely love Safari Song and Highway Tune!! From the Fires is an awesome album! Couple ok songs on their second album. I don't care if they are a "rip off" or whatever. Their music cranks and they've got soul!

I don't know why you deny

I, I know the light is burning dim and dying in you
I know the pain that lies within
I feel it too

-Collapsing by Demon Hunter
metalh
metalh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down