The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Narnia: 'From Darkness To Light' finally available!

+8
oldschooldoom
Frozen Fire
jusma
Ammocas
alldatndensum
Black Rider
My Awesome Timothy
Lex Metalis
12 posters

Go down

Narnia: 'From Darkness To Light' finally available! Empty Narnia: 'From Darkness To Light' finally available!

Post by Lex Metalis Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:50 am

(Official press release)
Today, Swedish metal band Narnia releases their 8th studio-album, From Darkness to Light. The album is released worldwide today, just over a month before touring begins in South America, along with American bands Stryper and Tourniquet.
Narnia’s new album, From Darkness to Light, is the band’s 8th studio album, and a natural sequel to the previous, self-titled album, from the band’s return and 20th anniversary in 2016. 

The spark that Narnia lit on last year’s live album, We Still Believe: Made in Brazil, has followed the band into the studio, where this energy has been channeled and structured into a long parade of nine songs.

With musical roots remaining deep in melodic metal, the band has both expanded into modern metal territory, where the guitars still dominate, while allowing for 70/80’s analog synthesizers to exist in the soundscape. The lyrics are extremely important to the band, and in true Narnia spirit, this heritage has been well managed and further refined.

From Darkness to Light has received positive response from reviewers all around the world, and recently received 1st position in Sweden Rock Magazine’s“The Jury” (4 reviewers on 9 international releases), along with a review (8 of 10) and a full page interview with the band’s singer, Christian Liljegren. A great start for this new major venture for Narnia, which involves a tour that begins in South America along with American bands Stryper and Tourniquet.

Today, From Darkness to Light is available on all digital platforms, CD, and vinyl (in different colors), in collaboration with record label Sound Pollution (Europe, USA, Australia). The album is also being distributed by King Records (Asia), and by Voice Music/MusiK RecordsIcarus Music and The Dove’s Voice Records(Latin America).

The album was produced by Narnia’s guitarist CJ Grimmark, mixed by the band’s sound engineer Viktor Stenquist, and mastered by Jens BogrenFascination Street Studios (Sepultura, Symphony X, James LaBrie [Dream Theater], and more).

Streaming:

https://smarturl.it/Darkness-to-Light

Narnia: 'From Darkness To Light' finally available! Narnia11
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Narnia: 'From Darkness To Light' finally available! Empty Re: Narnia: 'From Darkness To Light' finally available!

Post by My Awesome Timothy Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:40 pm

Amazing album from what I’m hearing!!!

This is TRUE Christian Metal, those lyrics WOW!!!
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Narnia: 'From Darkness To Light' finally available! Empty Re: Narnia: 'From Darkness To Light' finally available!

Post by Black Rider Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:47 pm

Sounding great.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:26 am

I haven't found it available anywhere for under $20 yet.  I hope the price comes down a tad.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:43 am

It's kind of strange the vinyl costs less then the cd.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:37 pm

After 3 or 4 listens I am liking this!
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by jusma Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:23 am

After the first listen, I like it. It has classic Narnia elements. The war that tore the land stood out for me.
jusma
jusma
Finnish Metal Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:02 am

alldatndensum wrote:I haven't found it available anywhere for under $20 yet.  I hope the price comes down a tad.
I found it for $17.78 on deepdiscount.com .... check it out! Just put in Narnia in the search and presto! There it is!

They even have Long Live The King reissues with all versions...cd, Lp, and Picturedisc... I think those are pre-order for September.

Last edited by Ammocas on Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Info added)
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:04 am

Narnia: 'From Darkness To Light' finally available! 59aa8e10
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:45 am

That's a little better but it's still pretty steep. Must not have U.S. distribution.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:17 am

Black Rider wrote:That's a little better but it's still pretty steep. Must not have U.S. distribution.

Maybe Bill from Roxx bring some copies to USA market...
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:49 pm

Preordered this from Amazon two months ago and forgot about it. It came today. I preordered it for $16 w/ free shipping and that was the price that stuck. Thought that was cool.

Album sounds great as always but I just got home and just started listening.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:08 pm

I like it but I kind of miss the neo classical days.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:13 pm

Black Rider wrote:I like it but I kind of miss the neo classical days.
yeah, I missed it too. And just from watching the clips on youtube.

Hopefully they will bring merchandising with them next month, so I can buy it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:03 am

Thiago-Brazil wrote:
Black Rider wrote:I like it but I kind of miss the neo classical days.
yeah, I missed it too. And just from watching the clips on youtube.

Hopefully they will bring merchandising with them next month, so I can buy it.

They will. But the new album probally just the vinyl, because FDTL was released here by Voice Music/MusiK records
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:29 pm

Well, I'm that annoying person that likes the new style more than the old (what they were known by to all their longtime fans). I was a huge power metal fan when Narnia came into the scene and I thought of the them as generic. I wasn't into the neoclassical style unless it was something like Symphony X that had some muscle to it. For me, Course of a Generation got me on board. I subsequently went back and enjoyed some of the older material but these last three are my favorites.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:36 pm

alldatndensum wrote:I haven't found it available anywhere for under $20 yet.  I hope the price comes down a tad.
Apparently there is a double album Japan version that will set you back even further
Narnia: 'From Darkness To Light' finally available! VK04dtI
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:00 pm

Ordered one from ebay for $16 and change, free shipping.
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:39 am

You poor Yanks... I know what it's like. I had the same problem with some Neal Morse and Michael Sweet material. Also with ShadowStrike recently. And don't get me started on Galneryus.

Anyway, as far as I can tell the Japanese 2 CD version contains the most recent live album We Still Believe.
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:04 pm

This release needs a little more pub.  Tons of variety here.  Best of 2019 for me.  The most mature release to date for the band.  The production is just outstanding it's very broad and warm; not quite metallic as the past but still heavy with the best mix of Christian's vocals that I've heard.

This is the best of Narnia's songwriting and they've come a long way. The songs really breathe and they avoid the repetitiveness of the past.  The choruses are really catchy and rememberable especially "You Are the Air That I Breathe."  "The War Torn Land" is probably the best composition of Carl Grimmark's career as well as the most original.  Grimmarks tremendous solo'ing is fully represented here on most the songs; not as showy as the past, but enhancing the song which is what they are meant to do.  The riffing is not typical metal chugga-chugga but fitting for the song, rather than writing the song around the riff.  "Has the River Run Dry?" is the best lead riff and it kills during the chorus and seems to owe itself to Dio-era Rainbow.

The keys are outstanding with lots of different tones including throwbacks to the 80's sound.  Plus they don't drown out the music like with a lot of Euro-power metal.  There's also lots of different interplays between guitar and keys where neither takes center stage but make an interesting tapestry.  This is especially apparent on the breezy and rhythmically-bouncy "Sail On" - a song that will get your head bobbing and grooving.

Not my favorite Narnia, but it is their most complete work with little to no skippers.  This is not the metal you think of from your youth but I would describe it as lush metal.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:28 am

I couldn't agree more, Superjuice. I think it is a tremendous album, and is now my favorite Narnia album. "The War That Tore The Land" has been so impactful to me. I often can't listen to it without tears. Not only is it stunning beautiful, but the lyrics take me into the throne room of God. I am often undone listening to that track.

Last edited by Follower of Jesus on Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:42 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:I couldn't agree more, Superjuice. I think it is a tremendous album, and is now my favorite Narnia album. "The War Torn Land" has been so impactful to me. I often can't listen to it without tears. Not only is it stunning beautiful, but the lyrics take me into the throne room of God. I am often undone listening to that track.
An awesome song(“The War That Tore The Land”) indeed...in fact it is a tremendous album to be sure. I’m glad that this thread was brought up again because this was definitely one of the best albums last year and I don’t hear much about it anymore. The more I listen to this album I see the maturity in song writing and the overall flow is so  great. This is definitely one of my favorite Narnia albums. Also, MNFST has been stuck in my head for a while now...one of their best written songs imo.
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:53 pm

Definitely my favorite in the catalog. Mature, super solid, amazing production, losing nothing of their sound but trying some new things still.

I actually listen to the title track more than any other song. What tremendous lyrics on that song, what feel in Christian's delivery and CJ's delivery and what a real and true cry for many during these darker days!
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:07 pm

I listened this late in the game since I ordered it from the band's website and it took two months to get here.  After listening to it for a month, I was surprised by the lack of reaction around here.  I figured if I bumped this I would get more feedback and, just as I thought, people are overwhelmed by the quality of this album.

It's pretty rare for a band to achieve such a tremendous landmark of music this late in their career, but Narnia has done it.  For an example showing the quality of this album, I have been listening to the newest Michael Sweet album in my car which is being raved about in most venues, but I keep bumping that one out and going back to this one instead.  Ten ain't bad, but it's not on the same level or height of vision.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum