The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Metallica saves hikers life

2 posters

Go down

Metallica saves hikers life Empty Metallica saves hikers life

Post by oldschooldoom Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:52 pm

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/good-news/hiker-stalked-by-cougar-says-metallica-song-helped-her-escape/ar-AAFc1Sj?li=BBnbcA1

A hiker in British Columbia, Canada, credits the heavy-metal band Metallica for helping her prevail in a scary confrontation with a cougar Tuesday on Vancouver Island.
Dee Gallant exercised appropriate safety measures after realizing she and her husky, Murphy, were being stalked. She stood her ground, waved her arms, and began to yell at the cat.
Remarkably, Gallant captured much of the encounter on video with her phone. Viewers can see the cougar 50 feet up the trail, slightly crouched and still, its menacing gaze fixed on Gallant and her dog.
"Get outta here - go on!" she yells, to no avail. "Bad kitty. Bad kitty!"
Gallant told For the Win Outdoors that the wind was "blowing the wrong way" and Murphy did not smell or notice the cat initially.

"He was busy looking down [the trail] for bunnies," Gallant said. "When I started reprimanding the kitty, he was looking around for who I was talking to."
Gallant, an avid hiker who understands cougar behavior, began to realize that she was in a harrowing predicament.
She told Kelowna Now that the cougar "was crouched down, doing that kind of prowl, predator walk they do - that was when I waved my arms and yelled, 'Hey, you stop!' And it did."

But it refused to back off. "It just stayed locked on me and seemed really interested, so that's when I decided to stop recording and try to do something else."
In a stroke of brilliance, Gallant searched her playlist and clicked on Metallica's song, " Don't Tread on Me."
"I thought it was the noisiest thing on my phone that would probably scare it, that was also the message I wanted to convey to the cougar," she said. "As soon as the first notes blared out it ran into the bush."
She and Murphy safely advanced home and, when interviewed by Kelowna Now, she said jokingly of Metallica, "I would love to contact them someday and tell [band co-founder] James Hetfield that he saved my life."
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Metallica saves hikers life Empty Re: Metallica saves hikers life

Post by Black Rider Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:23 am

I read that earlier, interesting.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet