The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skid Row - Wrong Side Of The Tracks

4 posters

Go down

Skid Row - Wrong Side Of The Tracks Empty Skid Row - Wrong Side Of The Tracks

Post by alldatndensum 16/7/2019, 2:00 pm

Does anyone have this album?  I just found out about it today, and all you can find is a low quality 128 kbps download of this.  It came out before the self-titled debut, but the songs seem to be on par with that release.  Did they do this independently?  Was this an earlier signing of the band?  Why has this not been remastered and reissued properly???
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Skid Row - Wrong Side Of The Tracks Empty Re: Skid Row - Wrong Side Of The Tracks

Post by alldatndensum 16/7/2019, 2:16 pm

Did more digging.  Seems this is a collection of demos.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Skid Row - Wrong Side Of The Tracks Empty Re: Skid Row - Wrong Side Of The Tracks

Post by Staybrite 16/7/2019, 4:35 pm

Never even heard of it.  Given the time period the original material could have been cassette only.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider 16/7/2019, 9:15 pm

Bolan probably won't let them be released since it's Bas singing.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum 17/7/2019, 12:55 am

Black Rider wrote:Bolan probably won't let them be released since it's Bas singing.

That is truly a shame.

The band probably can't release it due to Bas co-writing the material, and they don't want to release it because they had a falling out with him.

It is a shame after hearing the tracks that they couldn't work something out where Back could record these as a solo project or Skid Row redo them with their new singer.  In a perfect world, they would redo these songs with Bach, but that won't happen.

I am going to take these tracks and run them through a little cleaning and then remaster them.  Maybe I can make them almost sound like a studio album.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus 17/7/2019, 4:16 pm

Then please share them?
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider 17/7/2019, 8:42 pm

I'll hand it to Bolan, it'd probably be the biggest rock tour of the year but so far he's stuck to his guns. Of course, he has gone through 3 singers now
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite 18/7/2019, 12:52 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:Then please share them?

Ditto!
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum 18/7/2019, 5:47 pm

I don't know if they will be worth it.  These songs sound mostly like audio recorded at practices and then released to cassette.  Then, the MP3s I found are 128 kbps.  This means they are very noisy and would take more cleaning than I feel I want to commit to this.  I can try remastering, but you will still get tons of background noise that could be louder due to compression.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite 19/7/2019, 4:49 pm

alldatndensum wrote:I don't know if they will be worth it.  These songs sound mostly like audio recorded at practices and then released to cassette.  Then, the MP3s I found are 128 kbps.  This means they are very noisy and would take more cleaning than I feel I want to commit to this.  I can try remastering, but you will still get tons of background noise that could be louder due to compression.

Serious bummer.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down