A little eBay Sellers / Buyers rant

Go down

A little eBay Sellers / Buyers rant Empty A little eBay Sellers / Buyers rant

Post by Bought4Life on Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:19 am

I have been a buyer / seller on eBay since 1998, and while there have always been a certain number of jerks on it, I can't remember ever having a time where there are this many.

Sellers:

More and more sellers stating that an item is "like new", only to get it and it looks like it has been stomped on, thrown around, and left in the backyard for weeks.

Taking no care to protect items properly when packing them up to send out

Even with all the steps eBay has made to try and stop it, counterfeit items are all over the place.

Buyers: 

Buyers don't seem to want to take the time to leave feedback anymore when they have had a positive experience (I have never had negative feedback in over 20 years of buying/selling on eBay). Sellers count on that feedback to help promote their business, but this generation doesn't seem to respect that. Other sellers have noticed this too, and some no longer leave the buyer feedback until the buyer leaves them feedback.

Have you guys noticed any downward trends on eBay?
Bought4Life
Bought4Life
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

A little eBay Sellers / Buyers rant Empty Re: A little eBay Sellers / Buyers rant

Post by crucifyd on Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:00 am

I mostly buy and somewhat regularly get no feedback from the seller...have two I'm waiting to see if they will reciprocate with positive feedback at this time.

I try to not care when they don't give feedback but I'm usually annoyed at first then I remind myself not to care about it...
crucifyd
crucifyd
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://www.crucifyd.com

Back to top Go down

A little eBay Sellers / Buyers rant Empty Re: A little eBay Sellers / Buyers rant

Post by Bought4Life on Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:01 pm

crucifyd wrote:I try to not care when they don't give feedback but I'm usually annoyed at first then I remind myself not to care about it...

Hahahaha...that's awesome. I really need to do a better job of reminding myself to do that
Bought4Life
Bought4Life
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom on Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:26 am

Since 1998, really? WOW! That's a couple years more than me.

eBay has been bittersweet over the years. But I agree, the novelty has worn.
It has been exciting and maddening.

Yeah, seems like many just don't care anymore. Sad reality is that most of the seller business has been "outsourced" to China, LOL. I just don't see how they can offer such low prices AND free shipping. But oversees sellers seem to try harder nowadays. As a seller I am often times dumbfounded at the increased shipping costs and eBay's inaccurate shipping calculator. Then there is the seller fees.

I could go on
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Bought4Life on Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:10 am

oldschooldoom wrote:Since 1998, really? WOW! That's a couple years more than me.

Yeah, it's hard to believe it has been almost 21 years

A little eBay Sellers / Buyers rant 0110
Bought4Life
Bought4Life
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla on Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:15 am

Been a while since I sold anything. I used to sell a ton of records. Duplicate copies or stuff I didn't want. people at work used to give me their records if I made them into CD's. Been a while since I have done that but I think I have cleaned all my fellow employees out. I would tell them "I won't pay for your records but I'll make you CD copies" and all of them were happy just to get rid of them. Some of them were kind of rare, one I sold for around 50 bucks. Most of the stuff I listed as "buy now" but those that were rare I let the bidding wars start. Sometimes people would leave feedback, sometimes not. I always do when I buy from eBay but it was been over a year since i bought anything or sold anything.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite on Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:23 am

Dang, I haven't bought anything from Ebay in several years.  I had a bad experience with someone selling me some bootleg cdrs.  I reported the seller but it looked like nothing was done about it (I know others had to have reported him too).  That wasn't even the reason I left, I just got tired of either being sniped at the last minute on something, or else feeling like I bid too much just to get what I wanted.
I buy most of my used music from Amazon sellers now (and have had great experiences with pretty much all of them).  Just a little tired of paying $4.99 S&H.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Erasmus on Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:37 pm

We (my wife and I) have given up selling on ebay. Too many people winning the bid and then not paying even after days/weeks of back and forth with promises to pay.

Has become a waste of time. Now we sell with Facebook marketplace.

Yes, grading of CD's is so random. I don't mind when people under grade (and that is a pleasant surprise and gets very positive feedback) but the as new/no marks and it looks like it has been used as a drinks coaster is so annoying.
Erasmus
Erasmus
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum on Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:49 pm

I don't shop on eBay much anymore, either.  When I do, I most of the time forget to leave feedback.  I got my stuff, and that is all that is required.

Maybe eBay could change their system where, if there is no reported interactions with the seller after the sale for refunds or fixing bad merch, then they would automatically give you a good rating after some predetermined time had passed.  It's just a thought.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bought4Life on Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:12 am

alldatndensum wrote: if there is no reported interactions with the seller after the sale for refunds or fixing bad merch, then they would automatically give you a good rating after some predetermined time had passed.  It's just a thought.

That's not a bad idea.
Bought4Life
Bought4Life
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla on Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:46 am

The last thing I bought on ebay was The Six Million Dollar Man Season 4 DVD's because it was much cheaper buying it used than new from anywhere else. That was over a year ago.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum