The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael Jackson

4 posters

Go down

Michael Jackson Empty Michael Jackson

Post by Pro-Zak Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:57 pm

Ever wonder how he got so huge and popular? Talented no doubt, but as an adult he only put out like 5 albums, and they were not all that great. Great performer, elaborate shows, but sometimes I wonder if a lot of his massive success was just that, smoke and mirrors...
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Michael Jackson Empty Re: Michael Jackson

Post by Black Rider Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:47 pm

Quincy Jones and marketing, he used the MTV format perfectly. Talent doesn't mean you'll be popular and vice versa.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:27 am

With Michael, they were able to use media to add mystery to his life.  Of course, they were able to market the music and sales were unreal.  To top it off, he had a certain charisma on top of all of his talent.  Those drove him to the fandom level of entertainers like Elvis, The Beatles, etc.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:31 am

Thriller was an incredible album. When it came out, I don't remember knowing ANYONE who didn't like it...even headbangers.

His duet with Paul McCartney was great also.

On top of that, he put on one fantastic show.

He was the perfect entertainer for the MTV era.

So no....I don't ever wonder how he got so huge and popular.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:59 am

I agree w/some of this, but this bloke became waaaaaay larger than life!  affraid
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:12 am

Sabbatharian wrote:I agree w/some of this, but this bloke became waaaaaay larger than life!  affraid

Yeah, it's all about timing...MJ arrived at the right moment to become what he did.

For me, the person who I will never understand being elevated to that level is Prince. Liked one or two of his songs, but always thought people were crazy for making him out to be a legend

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:49 pm

I actually thought Bad was stronger than Thriller. Thriller has some good songs like Beat It and Billie Jean, but it also has duds like The Girl Is Mine (and I wonder how popular Thriller would have been without the iconic video). Bad has gems like the title track, Speed Demon, Dirty Diana, The Way You Make Me Feel, Man in the Mirror, and my fav MJ tune, Smooth Criminal.

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:26 pm

WildWorld wrote:I actually thought Bad was stronger than Thriller. Thriller has some good songs like Beat It and Billie Jean, but it also has duds like The Girl Is Mine (and I wonder how popular Thriller would have been without the iconic video). Bad has gems like the title track, Speed Demon, Dirty Diana, The Way You Make Me Feel, Man in the Mirror, and my fav MJ tune, Smooth Criminal.

But..but...I mean..without Thriller we wouldn't have this...

What kind of world would it be then?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:55 pm

WildWorld wrote:I actually thought Bad was stronger than Thriller. Thriller has some good songs like Beat It and Billie Jean, but it also has duds like The Girl Is Mine (and I wonder how popular Thriller would have been without the iconic video). Bad has gems like the title track, Speed Demon, Dirty Diana, The Way You Make Me Feel, Man in the Mirror, and my fav MJ tune, Smooth Criminal.

OK, in all seriousness though...

In the MTV Golden Age, music videos were what propelled artists to stardom. MJ used that to his advantage in a magnificent way. The videos for Thriller, Beat It, and Billie Jean absolutely helped propel him to legend status, but that was the way it was then. I don't think that is a knock on him for using it (not to mean that I think that is what you are saying).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:10 am

I agree with alot if not all of this, plus he was a star in the Jackson5 so that had some merit too.  Me personally I was never a fan I felt he was way over hyped back in the day, now a days I just dont care lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down