The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did Retrospect records go out of business?

3 posters

Go down

Did Retrospect records go out of business? Empty Did Retrospect records go out of business?

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:29 am

Last I had bought from them, they had just started the RetroCross label to put all of their Christian stuff on.

It doesn't look like their website has been updated since then (2013/2014)

Last edited by Bought4Life on Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:11 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Removed "not" from "has been updated since")

Back to top Go down

Did Retrospect records go out of business? Empty Re: Did Retrospect records go out of business?

Post by MikeInFla Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:55 pm

No idea, but looking at their discogs page they haven't released anything since 2016.
https://www.discogs.com/label/79704-Retrospect-Records?sort=year&sort_order=desc
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Did Retrospect records go out of business? Empty Re: Did Retrospect records go out of business?

Post by Temple of Blood Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:08 pm

I'm pretty sure the answer is yes.  He was trying to sell the label from what I saw online.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:20 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:I'm pretty sure the answer is yes.  He was trying to sell the label from what I saw online.

That's a shame...

I know the owner got into it with a lot of people, and that there was a lot of complaining on how he paid (or didn't pay) artist royalties when he released stuff...(like the unlicensed Malachia Red Sunrise reissue).

BUT...

As a music fan, he always had some cool, rare items...

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:32 pm

I have bought a few things from him over the years, but he did carry a lot of unauthorized releases.  He may of had to stop releasing new stuff to cover legal fees.  Who knows......
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:20 am

Oh yeah, ToB is right I remember it was for sale. It was pretty unreasonable too something like "Own your own record label for $150,000!". I seem to remember a thread about it on Heart Of Metal. 

Edit: found it!
Click here for the thread at Heart Of Metal

Or to see the eBay listing go here
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:42 am

MikeInFla wrote:Oh yeah, ToB is right I remember it was for sale. It was pretty unreasonable too something like "Own your own record label for $150,000!". I seem to remember a thread about it on Heart Of Metal. 

Edit: found it!
Click here for the thread at Heart Of Metal

Or to see the eBay listing go here

Thanks! The forum thread was a good read.

I believe Retrospect also used to send bands to play at Roklahoma.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down