The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Les Carlsen 1971 (and other assorted singles) available on Bandcamp

2 posters

Go down

Les Carlsen 1971  (and other assorted singles) available on Bandcamp Empty Les Carlsen 1971 (and other assorted singles) available on Bandcamp

Post by Guest Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:19 pm

I didn't see this posted here when I searched, sorry if it is dup post.

Les Carlsen 1971 Bandcamp

While touring with the Broadway musical, Hair, Les put together the material for this album with a group of musicians from Seattle. It was recorded, but never released. 

Playing the dramatic lead role in Hair influenced Les's theatrical approach to the songs which he has continued to explore in all his music. 
His voice hadn't yet developed the rasp of the later years and the vocals sound very young but the Les Carlsen 'sound' is unmistakable. 
The primal scream in "Someday" is a foreshadowing of the signature screams in later BLOODGOOD material. Two of the songs, Bad Credit and Changing Me were re-worked in the mid-80's and added into the BLOODGOOD catalogue.

released November 24, 2018 

Les Carlsen- Vocals 
John Agostino- Drums 
Mike Elliot- Guitar, moog 
Ted Schreffler- keyboards, mellotron 
Bob Coie- bass

Last edited by Bought4Life on Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:29 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixed spelling of last name)

Back to top Go down

Les Carlsen 1971  (and other assorted singles) available on Bandcamp Empty Re: Les Carlsen 1971 (and other assorted singles) available on Bandcamp

Post by Guest Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:26 pm

Also...he has this single available..

Down To The River

Last edited by Bought4Life on Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Les Carlsen 1971  (and other assorted singles) available on Bandcamp Empty Re: Les Carlsen 1971 (and other assorted singles) available on Bandcamp

Post by Guest Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:30 pm

Last edited by Bought4Life on Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:17 pm

I had heard he was putting together the "1971" album, but didn't know about the other singles.  Thanks, I'll have to check those out.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:07 pm

Staybrite wrote:I had heard he was putting together the "1971" album, but didn't know about the other singles.  Thanks, I'll have to check those out.

I was really shocked to see them all, honestly...

I was also shocked to see Bandcamp looking so good..I thought they had gone he way of MySpace...shows how much I know..

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Sat May 04, 2019 9:53 am

Finally listening to the whole album today.

I like Les Carlsen, his signature voice is barely recognizable here. Something he developed over the years when he changed direction to hard rock and metal.

I like classic rock from the 60's and 70's.

I like the whole diverse album.

But I especially like the last song 'Battle Fatigue'. Today it is called PTSD. I hope one day this tune will be available on YouTube for all to experience. Quite interesting that the last one minute of the 8 minute song is the melody of Jesus Christ Superstar.
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down