What out of the ordinary pet would you get if you had the opportunity?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What out of the ordinary pet would you get if you had the opportunity? Empty What out of the ordinary pet would you get if you had the opportunity?

Post by Bought4Life on Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:19 am

Anyone can get a cat, or a dog, or birds and fish...but I have always thought some of the more unusual pets are the best.

Here's a couple I would love to have if I could..

Otter....

Bought4Life
Bought4Life
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

What out of the ordinary pet would you get if you had the opportunity? Empty Re: What out of the ordinary pet would you get if you had the opportunity?

Post by Bought4Life on Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:21 am

Squirrel

Bought4Life
Bought4Life
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

What out of the ordinary pet would you get if you had the opportunity? Empty Re: What out of the ordinary pet would you get if you had the opportunity?

Post by Bought4Life on Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:21 am

Beaver

Bought4Life
Bought4Life
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 on Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:09 am

A capybara, or a wombat. Because, duh.
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by Bought4Life on Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:28 pm

Andreas89 wrote:A capybara, or a wombat. Because, duh.

OK, I gotta admit, a capybara would be cool as anything...

Bought4Life
Bought4Life
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Bought4Life on Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:30 pm

Andreas89 wrote:A capybara, or a wombat. Because, duh.

Nice suggestion on the wombat, too.

I honestly never thought of either of them before.

Bought4Life
Bought4Life
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla on Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:23 pm

When I was a kid my older brother (much older) had a pet fox. It was pretty cool he found it when it was a "pup".
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum on Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:45 pm

I want a pet sloth and a lemur.  Life would be awesome with a lemur and a sloth!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Deepfriar on Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:29 am

I've heard a de-scented skunk is about the best pet you could have...
Deepfriar
Deepfriar
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite on Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:40 pm

I always wanted a wolf.  I knew someone who had one, but it was unpredictable and kind of aggressive around children and short people.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite on Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:41 pm

Deepfriar wrote:I've heard a de-scented skunk is about the best pet you could have...

Where is the challenge in de-scenting it?  Laughing
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Bought4Life on Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:13 pm

MikeInFla wrote:When I was a kid my older brother (much older) had a pet fox. It was pretty cool he found it when it was a "pup".

Foxes are cool. I had the chance years ago to get pretty close to 3 baby foxes and photograph them..with the mother close by making sure I didn't do anything..lol.  The preserve where they were at made them pretty comfortable around humans..even to the point of people feeding them right out of their hands

alldatndensum wrote:I want a pet sloth and a lemur.  Life would be awesome with a lemur and a sloth!

A lemur? Like King Julian? THAT would be great

Deepfriar wrote:I've heard a de-scented skunk is about the best pet you could have...

I've heard that too.

Staybrite wrote:I always wanted a wolf.  I knew someone who had one, but it was unpredictable and kind of aggressive around children and short people.

I've been to a couple of houses back when I did pest control that had a wolf as a pet. The ammonia smell from where they kept them was nauseating..lol...I think I will pass on that one
Bought4Life
Bought4Life
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Bought4Life on Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:15 pm

Staybrite wrote:

Right? Taking the easy way out....pfffft

Bought4Life
Bought4Life
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite on Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:15 pm

Bought4Life wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

Oh man that's totally messed up!  Laughing
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Bought4Life on Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:08 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Bought4Life wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

Oh man that's totally messed up!  Laughing

Hahahaha..yeah, that would ruin your day for sure....
Bought4Life
Bought4Life
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 on Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:28 am

Unlike for you yanks, skunks are not a familiar hazard for me. Can't imagine the terror you'd go through when you discover one way too close to you Razz
Andreas89
Andreas89

Back to top Go down

Post by Deepfriar on Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:54 am

Lol you guys are hilarious.

I'm very curious about a pet skunk. Maybe one day when I have less pets I'll try it.
Deepfriar
Deepfriar
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Bought4Life on Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:42 pm

How about an axototls anyone?

Bought4Life
Bought4Life
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Bought4Life on Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:46 pm

Deepfriar wrote:Lol you guys are hilarious.

I'm very curious about a pet skunk. Maybe one day when I have less pets I'll try it.

OK, I have to ask ... lol..

Exactly how many pets do you have?
Bought4Life
Bought4Life
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick on Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:56 pm

Bought4Life wrote:How about an axototls anyone?

I want one!  When i was a kid, I wanted to be a herpetologist (someone who studies reptiles and amphibians) because I think everything scaly and slimy is cool.  I always thought it'd way cool to have a pet komodo dragon.  I just imagine walking one on a leash through the park hahaha.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Deepfriar on Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:44 pm

Bought4Life wrote:

Hahaha... we are down to 6 cats...

(in our darkest hour we had 7 cats, 1 dog, 1 ferret...)

We have a pact: NO MORE pets until we have less than 3. Razz
Deepfriar
Deepfriar
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Bought4Life on Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:44 pm

Deepfriar wrote:
Bought4Life wrote:

That's a lot of cats....the most I ever had at one time is 1 dog and 2 guinea pigs (for the kids).

Of course, you probably never have to worry about getting mice in your house...or anywhere near your house for that matter  Razz
Bought4Life
Bought4Life
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Bought4Life on Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:44 pm

Kerrick wrote:
Bought4Life wrote:How about an axototls anyone?

I want one!  When i was a kid, I wanted to be a herpetologist (someone who studies reptiles and amphibians) because I think everything scaly and slimy is cool.  I always thought it'd way cool to have a pet komodo dragon.  I just imagine walking one on a leash through the park hahaha.

Hahahaha...that would be fearsome!
Bought4Life
Bought4Life
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum on Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:44 pm

Bought4Life wrote:
Deepfriar wrote:
Bought4Life wrote:

That's a lot of cats....the most I ever had at one time is 1 dog and 2 guinea pigs (for the kids).

Of course, you probably never have to worry about getting mice in your house...or anywhere near your house for that matter  Razz

My mom absolutely loved cats.  At one time, we had over 20 when I was growing up.  When all the new litters of kittens started coming, Daddy started getting rid of them until we had around 8.  The girls had to be spayed.  They still have several cats when I moved out and got married at 18.

Nowadays, my wife and I have one geriatric tuxedo cat.  Her name is Callie and she will be 18 years old.  The most pets we have had at one time were three cats--all girls:  Max, Toby, and Callie.  Max died several years ago at the age of 13.  Toby only lived to be six.  Callie has been an only child since 2007.  We are good with one.

We love having a cat.  They can be moody, sure, but you don't have to pay to kennel them when you travel.  Just leave them plenty of food and water and they are pretty self sufficient.  They will miss you, but they are always glad to see you when you get home.  They may even bring you a mouse or hock a hairball at your feet to show it.  LOL
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Bought4Life on Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:00 am

alldatndensum wrote:
My mom absolutely loved cats.  At one time, we had over 20 when I was growing up.  

affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid
Bought4Life
Bought4Life
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Bought4Life on Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:05 am

A list (and prices) of some of the more expensive exotic pets...

YES! CLICK HERE!
Bought4Life
Bought4Life
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite on Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:34 pm

Bought4Life wrote:A list (and prices) of some of the more expensive exotic pets...

I'm guessing several of those prices are over-inflated.  I have had friends with a few of those pets, and most of them didn't spend the wild prices on that list (although I'm guessing several of them could be spot on).
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Bought4Life on Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:05 pm

Staybrite wrote:
Bought4Life wrote:A list (and prices) of some of the more expensive exotic pets...

I'm guessing several of those prices are over-inflated.  I have had friends with a few of those pets, and most of them didn't spend the wild prices on that list (although I'm guessing several of them could be spot on).

Which pets did your friends have?
Bought4Life
Bought4Life
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Bought4Life on Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:06 pm

Did you guys (and girls) know that Melanie Griffith grew up with a pet lion?

Click Here To Read All About It
Bought4Life
Bought4Life
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Bought4Life on Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:07 pm

Bought4Life
Bought4Life
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 on Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:10 am

Kerrick wrote: I always thought it'd way cool to have a pet komodo dragon.  I just imagine walking one on a leash through the park hahaha.
Those animals have a really powerful bite, bring extremely nasty infections from their mouths and occasionally eat humans. You monster.
Andreas89
Andreas89

Back to top Go down

Post by HenrikB on Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:21 am

I tried to think of an out of the ordinary pet that I would consider, but all I could think of was the black market animal trade Neutral
HenrikB
HenrikB
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 on Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:14 am

^So? What's wrong with that?! Cool
Andreas89
Andreas89

Back to top Go down

Post by HenrikB on Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:43 am

You can't be serious...?
HenrikB
HenrikB
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Bought4Life on Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:28 pm

Andreas89 wrote:
Kerrick wrote: I always thought it'd way cool to have a pet komodo dragon.  I just imagine walking one on a leash through the park hahaha.
Those animals have a really powerful bite, bring extremely nasty infections from their mouths and occasionally eat humans. You monster.

That's just an added bonus  Razz
Bought4Life
Bought4Life
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Bought4Life on Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:30 pm

Bought4Life
Bought4Life
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Bought4Life on Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:31 pm

A pet polar bear would be SOOOOO cool

Bought4Life
Bought4Life
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick on Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:31 pm

Bought4Life wrote:
Andreas89 wrote:

Exactly!   Twisted Evil

And actually, it was somewhat recently discovered that they're actually venomous and it's not just nasty bacteria that kills their prey (though that helps!).

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Bought4Life on Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:32 pm

Here is one I would have to say no to

Bought4Life
Bought4Life
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Bought4Life on Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:35 pm

Kerrick wrote:
Bought4Life wrote:
Andreas89 wrote:

Exactly!   Twisted Evil

And actually, it was somewhat recently discovered that they're actually venomous and it's not just nasty bacteria that kills their prey (though that helps!).

See...Komodo dragons are just cool..

Bought4Life
Bought4Life
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Bought4Life on Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:36 pm

Now see, this one type of pet I would never want either...

That's just weird

Bought4Life
Bought4Life
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 on Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:28 am

HenrikB wrote:You can't be serious...?
Well, almost all options that have been mentioned so far don't exactly sound like the kind of animal you can buy legally, in the EU at least (and probably also the US) Razz
Andreas89
Andreas89

Back to top Go down

Post by Bought4Life on Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:26 am

Andreas89 wrote:
HenrikB wrote:You can't be serious...?
Well, almost all options that have been mentioned so far don't exactly sound like the kind of animal you can buy legally, in the EU at least (and probably also the US) Razz

I don't know WHAT you guys could possibly mean  Evil or Very Mad

(In the meantime, if anyone sees any pets that they like, feel free to contact me at (555) 555-5555. Remember, I only take unmarked cash or bitcoin. All sales are final....)

But seriously....

The US goes state by state in terms of pet laws, what's legal in one is illegal in the other. Even then, you can often get special permits to keep any pet as long as you can provide the right location and care.

Also, a lot of the pet videos are in other countries where having that pet is legal..like Australia, Japan, China, etc etc
Bought4Life
Bought4Life
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Bought4Life on Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:38 am

I am shocked that some of these are legal to have as pets

http://www.wordsiseek.com/unusual-exotic-cool-pets/
Bought4Life
Bought4Life
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum on Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:21 am

I think that everybody has a water buffalo....

alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Warzawa on Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:31 pm

A Bear
Warzawa
Warzawa
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla on Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:18 am

We have an out of the ordinary pet. Have had him about 3 weeks now.... This isn't him but this is what he is:

What out of the ordinary pet would you get if you had the opportunity? 2Q==

A hedgehog! I had no idea you could have them as pets. Full grown they are about the size of a guinea pig. He is still pretty small and if he rolls up in a ball while holding him his quills will poke a bit, doesn't really hurt just alarming. My daughters named him sonic. They eat dry cat food.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite on Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:15 pm

MikeInFla wrote:We have an out of the ordinary pet. Have had him about 3 weeks now.... This isn't him but this is what he is:

A hedgehog! I had no idea you could have them as pets. Full grown they are about the size of a guinea pig. He is still pretty small and if he rolls up in a ball while holding him his quills will poke a bit, doesn't really hurt just alarming. My daughters named him sonic. They eat dry cat food.

One of my old high school friends has one, and she just loves him.  Apparently they really like meal worms.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum on Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:13 am

I want a koala.  I would name it Pina.

I also want a llama.  I would name it Dolly.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Bought4Life on Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:16 am

Warzawa wrote:A Bear

You're a braver person than me  affraid

MikeInFla wrote:We have an out of the ordinary pet. Have had him about 3 weeks now.... This isn't him but this is what he is:

That is awesome! Does he play or just sniff around and eat?
Bought4Life
Bought4Life
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum