The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EMERALD - Armed For Battle - Vinyl and Cd

+7
Pro-Zak
Staybrite
Frozen Fire
alldatndensum
MikeInFla
Pershing1134
My Awesome Timothy
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

EMERALD - Armed For Battle - Vinyl and Cd Empty EMERALD - Armed For Battle - Vinyl and Cd

Post by My Awesome Timothy Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:59 am

Emerald - Armed For Battle is being released  on cd and vinyl here.....

https://www.noremorse.gr/index.php?cPath=1000

Emerald - Armed For Battle - No Remorse Records re-issue
No Remorse Records Announce EMERALD Armed For Battle Reissue:
The 1987 debut EP of Southern California heavy/power metal act EMERALD, Armed For Battle, is scheduled for CD and vinyl re-issue via No Remorse Records on December 21, 2018. CD version includes four bonus tracks in addition to a booklet with lyrics, photos and line notes, while the vinyl version comes with two bonus tracks and insert with lyrics and liner notes. Black vinyl is limited to 400 copies and green vinyl 100 copies.

EMERALD arose out of the eighties Sunset Strip metal scene after it was founded in 1978 by 15-year-old guitarist Dave Enos and 22-year-old vocalist Larry Phillips. The group proceeded to go through a literal revolving door of bassists and drummers prior to solidifying its line up with drummer Kyle Morrett and bassists Roger Martin (VENGEANCE RISING) and Joe Palma.

The EMERALD moniker was chosen due to its versatility: not only does it represent a stone in the throne of God, but it also does not force you to place a label on the band in terms of the style of music that it plays. Consider, for instance, how EMERALD (as taken from an interview back in the day) describes itself as ‘(not) a typical Christian band- we don’t feel led to minster. In fact, we look at ourselves as a band of Christians rather than a Christian band’. More specifically, ‘When we started out (even before STRYPER) we wanted to go out into the whole world, because we felt our songs were to be sung to the world rather than sung in churches. We would rather sing songs to lead people to the Word (rather) than preach to them’.

Armed For Battle was recorded on a budget of 13k, which, unfortunately, left little if no money for promotion. The album, nevertheless, sold well in Europe’s underground metal scene, particularly in Germany, Switzerland and Denmark. After having gone out of print and turning into a highly sought after collector’s item, Armed For Battle was re-issued on CD for the first time in 2001 by Magdalene Records as a ‘2-for-1’, with the second album being ORACLES’s power metal romping EP Selah. In addition to the Armed For Battle tracks, the Magdalene re-issue also includes the two songs EMERALD recorded for the California Metal II compilation from 1988, “Traitor” and “Born To Die”.

Armed For Battle CD track listing:

1. “Armed For Battle”
2. “Judgement Day”
3. “Teenage Suicide”
4. “We Attack”
5. “Winds Of Doom”
6. “Traitor” (bonus track)
7. “Look To The Stars”
8. “Vengeance is Mine” (bonus track)
9. “King Of The Universe” (1984 demo bonus track)
10. “Battleground” (1984 demo bonus track)

Armed For Battle vinyl track listing:

Side A:
1. “Armed For Battle”
2. “Judgement Day”
3. “Teenage Suicide”
4. “We Attack”

Side B:
5. “Winds Of Doom”
6. “Traitor” (bonus track)
7. “Look To The Stars”
8. “Vengeance is Mine” (bonus track)

Armed For Battle CD pre-order: HERE

Armed For Battle green vinyl pre-order: HERE

Armed For Battle black vinyl pre-order: HERE

My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

EMERALD - Armed For Battle - Vinyl and Cd Empty Re: EMERALD - Armed For Battle - Vinyl and Cd

Post by Pershing1134 Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:58 pm

Looking forward to this, but a little bummed at the same time. Originally I was told this was going to be an anthology. They have a lot of tracks & rarities from back in the day that don't appear on this re-issue. Still going to pick this up though...
Pershing1134
Pershing1134
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

EMERALD - Armed For Battle - Vinyl and Cd Empty Re: EMERALD - Armed For Battle - Vinyl and Cd

Post by MikeInFla Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:54 am

Man how did I miss these guys? Have never heard of them!
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:28 am

Do they still have these or are the reprints out of print, too?
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:14 am

Seems like they left "Born To Die" off. Was that intentional since it was so straightforward Christian? It's a secular label and they kept the other California metal track "Traitor." Seems pretty strange. It's an excellent track! I can't see another reason why it's not on the rerelease. Anyone have any idea. I'd buy the album just for that track.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:31 am

Alldat, the reissues are sold out as well, at least at the Roxx store. I looked and couldn't find them anywhere but there may be digital downloads somewhere
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:21 am

I help Adam distribute mainly vinyls but do have some copies of Emerald on CD and vinyl, I send from here in the UK not Australia but these will sell out fast, so don’t delay!

https://www.soundmass.com/product/armed-for-battle/
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:42 pm

My Awesome Timothy wrote:I help Adam distribute mainly vinyls but do have some copies of Emerald on CD and vinyl, I send from here in the UK not Australia but these will sell out fast, so don’t delay!

Looks like your shipping rate to the U.S. is better than the Record Label.
I'll probably snag one of your copies here in a minute
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:59 am

Staybrite wrote:
My Awesome Timothy wrote:I help Adam distribute mainly vinyls but do have some copies of Emerald on CD and vinyl, I send from here in the UK not Australia but these will sell out fast, so don’t delay!

Awesome
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:00 am

Frozen Fire wrote:Seems like they left "Born To Die" off. Was that intentional since it was so straightforward Christian? It's a secular label and they kept the other California metal track "Traitor." Seems pretty strange. It's an excellent track! I can't see another reason why it's not on the rerelease. Anyone have any idea. I'd buy the album just for that track.

Annoying that this wasn’t included, it’s a great song.
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:08 am

My Awesome Timothy wrote:
Staybrite wrote:

Awesome

I just snagged one as well!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:06 am

Have packaged your orders up folks for posting tomorrow, thank you! Very Happy
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:42 pm

Cool!!!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:53 pm

I just placed an order with Soundmass today for this....checked out as a guest. After what happened with my account with them last time, I was not about to create another one  Shocked

A word of caution about buying this from eBay....

Even though it can be found cheaper on eBay (when u add in shipping costs), a lot of what is on eBay is probably counterfeit. There are a quite few originating from countries like Greece, which are notorious for counterfeit cds.

This was the deciding factor for me to buy it from Soundmass.

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:09 am

Psssst.....the version that is coming from Soundmass is from a label......in Greece.

I ordered mine from Soundmass and it arrived yesterday.  I haven't had the chance to play it yet.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:30 am

The sellers on eBay from Greece are not from the record label.

The first thing anyone tells you when trying to avoid pirated or counterfeit discs is to avoid anything that comes from Greece (not because everything from Greece is bootleg, but because such a large percentage of it is).

I've bought counterfeits before of OOP stuff, but at a cheap cost.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:54 am

This is why I usually avoid anything from Greece on eBay. The 2nd link even mentions No Remorse (it says they used to sell boots but then they cleaned it up)

These are old articles....

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/threads/counterfeit-metal-albums-on-ebay-and-other-online-stores.405292/

https://forum.metal-archives.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=92614

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:28 am

alldatndensum wrote:

I ordered mine from Soundmass and it arrived yesterday.  I haven't had the chance to play it yet.

That's good, I'll be watching for mine (wasn't in yesterday's mail).
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:51 pm

Bought4Life wrote:This is why I usually avoid anything from Greece on eBay. The 2nd link even mentions No Remorse (it says they used to sell boots but then they cleaned it up)

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/threads/counterfeit-metal-albums-on-ebay-and-other-online-stores.405292/

While reprinting other people's music without their permission (thus a bootleg) is deplorable, I have to admit that I have knowingly bought a few just to get copies of the music.  It's sad--I know.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:57 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Bought4Life wrote:This is why I usually avoid anything from Greece on eBay. The 2nd link even mentions No Remorse (it says they used to sell boots but then they cleaned it up)

While reprinting other people's music without their permission (thus a bootleg) is deplorable, I have to admit that I have knowingly bought a few just to get copies of the music.  It's sad--I know.

pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat

I can't really talk.....I think I am the one that showed you the now-defunct "bootleg" items listed on Retrospect Records' website (TimeWarp, Evil Eye, etc etc)....

They had some good stuff that has NEVER seen the light of day

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:49 pm

Bought4Life wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:

pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat pirat

I can't really talk.....I think I am the one that showed you the now-defunct "bootleg" items listed on Retrospect Records' website (TimeWarp, Evil Eye, etc etc)....

They had some good stuff that has NEVER seen the light of day

Most of what I bought from them I am pretty happy with.  I bought a couple of releases of DuBeel (or DuBiel) and the quality is pretty bad.  I wish those albums could be brought back to life with a better copy of those old recordings.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:05 pm

Didn't this come out some years ago as a re-release, but different cover w/other tracks?
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:15 pm

My bad, I was thinking of this; "Oracle - Desolation Kings" "The Oracle Anthology"
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:23 pm

Ok, well, was there a split Oracle/Emerald release back in the day...?
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:25 pm

Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next