Hurricane assistance for our friend MikeinFLA

Go down

Hurricane assistance for our friend MikeinFLA

Post by alldatndensum on Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:39 am

Subject: Hurricane assistance for our friend MikeinFLA   Today at 8:37    

As most of you know, Mike lives in Panama City where hurricane Michael hit hard.  Mike's wife is in Tennessee and is unable to work due to being away from home.  Mike is also unable to work as the paper mill he works for was damaged.  Plus, the owner has set up tents with cots, a kitchen, and shower trailers in the parking lot to assist his employees.

Mike isn't asking for help, but financial aid is needed.  If you can spare anything at all, please use the following email address to send funds directly to Mike's PayPal.  This would help him immensely.  Your prayers are also greatly appreciated.

rhondabridges@live.com

Please be sure to select Gift on PayPal if you choose to help Mike.  This prevents PayPal from deducting user fees.
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Hurricane assistance for our friend MikeinFLA

Post by deathisgain on Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:44 pm

Is the "rhondabridges@live.com" email the one to PayPal?
deathisgain
Metal Slacker

http://www.deathisgain.com

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum on Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:19 am

Yes.  That is Mike's wife's email that both of them use for PayPal.  Any help goes directly to Mike.
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum on Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:57 pm

Mike has met with his insurance adjuster.  I don't know how soon or how long repairs to his home will take.

Mikes daughter and wife are staying with family in Tennessee until the water and electricity is restored to their area.  As of yesterday, Mike said the water was on but it was taking around 10 minutes to fill the toilet with such low water pressure for now.

Mike's company has been great by bringing in shower trailers, feeding them, set up tent shelters with AC, giving them water, giving them free gas, etc.  Mike has been allowed to work so he can get paid by helping with cleanup, passing out ice to employees, helping employees tarp off their roofs, etc.  He has a great company that cares about their employees to say the least!

The whole area of Panama City and Mexico City Beach needs your prayers and support.  if you give, make sure you check online to see how much of whatever charity you donate through gives most of what they receive to actual relief.  Some charities keep more than others for "administrative costs".
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla on Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:12 am

[size=47]Checking in from my phone. Still no internet at home but phone works occasionally. We have power and water again and my wife and daughters have returned home. We have extensive damage but our home can be lived in. We fared better than some of the others in the area. My next step is to find a roofer to repair the damage, remove some trees and get the cars fixed (repainted and dents taken out).  All of the trees on the ground have been removed from the yard. My employer sent a crew to the house to cut up everything on the ground then they used heavy equipment to move it out of the backyard. Will probably have to cut down what remains at my own expense which is going to cost thousands. My fence is destroyed from trees and the fence isn't covered by insurance. Insurance is a funny thing. My fence is insured under everything EXCEPT hurricane damage. [/size]

[size=47]It is going to take sometime to find a roofer because thousands of homes in the area need a new roof. We have tarps over the house and they are holding as we had a big rain storm over the weekend and I am glad to say we had no leaks. [/size]

[size=47]I want to thank you all for your prayers and donations as they have really come in handy. God is good and we will rebuild and try to get life back to normal. My older daughter says the inside of the house looks normal but it is a disaster outside so she wants to stay inside to be as normal as possible.[/size]
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum