Myrkur

Go down

Myrkur

Post by Anfauglith on Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:39 pm

I'm afraid... a bit ... for posting this... Very Happy

Does anyone here like the danish band projekt Myrkur? Stumbled about her/them a while ago and now I am not sure what to think of it. I somehow like it and think about giving it a try and buy one of her/their (I'm not sure if it`s a real band or more like a solo project by Amalie Bruun) albums. I can't decide. To soft? To bizarre? Good mixture of all? Hm...
If you like, just let me know what you think (and of course if you have a recommendation for a certain album, or on the contrary a "No, don't do it, don't buy this stuff!!!"-experience to share... Wink )
Anfauglith
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Re: Myrkur

Post by Kerrick on Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:55 pm

From what I've heard of them, they seem pretty decent.  I remember hearing something about some rather silly marketing gimmicks that gave me a bad taste in my mouth though now I don't remember the specifics...  I know the trve grim kvlt folks like to look down on Myrkur because they're allegedly hipsters/posers/whatever, but as the saying goes, "if it jams, it jams!"

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by ImagoDei on Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:08 am

She is the most talented female vocalist in metal. And I don’t mean she does it all in Myrkur. From her ability to sing beautifully in the traditional Nordic folk style, to black metal, to pop in Ex Cops or her solo material. I’ve heard nobody in metal as versatile, as most as capable of one, maybe two styles of singing. Yep it’s a bold statement and I’ll stick to it.

Last edited by ImagoDei on Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:26 am; edited 1 time in total

ImagoDei
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by ImagoDei on Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:24 am

ImagoDei
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Anfauglith on Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:34 am

ImagoDei wrote:She is the most talented female vocalist in metal. And I don’t mean she does it all in Myrkur. From her ability to sing beautifully in the traditional Nordic folk style, to black metal, to pop in Ex Cops or her solo material. I’ve heard nobody in metal as versatile, as most as capable of one, maybe two styles of singing. Yep it’s a bold statement and I’ll stick to it.

I`m listening to the Ex-Cops-Song you posted just now. I find it quite amazing, that it's the same person. A very versatile musician, for sure! Smile

After thinking it over I decided that it can't hurt to try out one of her albums and ordered "M". I'm really curious about how I will like it in the end. Sometimes I read about a certain band or project, listen to some of the songs, decide that I might like it, and after listening through the album a couple of times and getting an idea about the whole aesthetics of it all (song lyrics, artwork, the music itself ...) it turns out to be something else than I thought it would be for me and I have to lay it aside... but that`s the worst case scenario. After all I really love to discover new things and music.
Anfauglith
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum