The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gary Lenaire featuring Luke Easter: Vainglorious Hypocrisy

+24
Wigeon
crucifyd
jaydeecrawson
bodachi
deathisgain
Livna
Luke Easter
Hardcore Christian
alldatndensum
MikeInFla
jeffcorpse
Pro-Zak
/<
Black Rider
Temple of Blood
FreeRangeBeliever
bjorn agin
My Awesome Timothy
metaldude
Kerrick
petrafan007
Fundy
Sir Shred A Lot
Airola
28 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Gary Lenaire featuring Luke Easter: Vainglorious Hypocrisy - Page 3 Empty Re: Gary Lenaire featuring Luke Easter: Vainglorious Hypocrisy

Post by jeffcorpse Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:58 am

bodachi wrote:After a careful reading of the lyrics, I've come to the conclusion this song can only be about Hillary Clinton.
Razz LOL
jeffcorpse
jeffcorpse
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Gary Lenaire featuring Luke Easter: Vainglorious Hypocrisy - Page 3 Empty Re: Gary Lenaire featuring Luke Easter: Vainglorious Hypocrisy

Post by Guest Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:01 pm

The riffs are impressive good and the lyrics we all know what he is talking about (hillary clinton, definetely lol).

I don't know how can someone deny to whom this song is related to. It's pretty clear and Gary intends to sesd this direct message in my opinion.

I am not here to judge or take sides. I wish they could let these bad feelings aside and reunite in order to make Tourniquet great again. And focus on the christian content, instead of sending messages to each other like this song or either caixa de raiva.

Back to top Go down

Post by FreeRangeBeliever Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:19 pm

Thiago-Brazil wrote:The riffs are impressive good and the lyrics we all know what he is talking about (hillary clinton, definetely lol).

I don't know how can someone deny to whom this song is related to. It's pretty clear and Gary intends to sesd this direct message in my opinion.

I am not here to judge or take sides. I wish they could let these bad feelings aside and reunite in order to make Tourniquet great again. And focus on the christian content, instead of sending messages to each other like this song or either caixa de raiva.

Exactly Thiago!
FreeRangeBeliever
FreeRangeBeliever
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Shred A Lot Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:27 pm

jaydeecrawson wrote:It's a REALLY good song.

all ya'll might be over-analyzing things and so what if it is written about Ted?

big deal. It's Gary's business... and if ANYONE has a right to criticize it's Gary because he co founded TQT or actually might have founded it with Guy when Holy Danger was around and recruited Ted...

It's a killer song. I love it.

HUGE Gary fan. When I was going through my divorce in 2010, he autographed a CD for me and helped me out... Great guy.

You guys are being judgmental... remove the beam from your own eye before you remove the speck from Gary's.

To clarify, you're saying that the person(s) who wrote and performed a song about giving two middle fingers to someone isn't the problem here. Rather, it's those who are bothered by this attitude that are the ones with a problem and are being judgmental. 

Is that really what you think?

Sir Shred A Lot
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:29 pm

It's wrong to judge! Says the guy who calls everyone judgemental. Thing is, not judging is impossible.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Wigeon Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:33 pm

First of all, I love the music and the vocals. There were very few songs with Luke and Gary trading lyrics before. Maybe just two if memory server me correctly - Perfect Night for a Hanging and The Hand Trembler (not 100% sure if Gary sang on that, would have to listen again). Gary may have done some of the chorus shouting on Drowning Machine, but I don't think he did any other vocals on that album. Anyway, this is the musical and vocal direction I had hoped that they were going towards after Collected Works was released, but then we got Crawl to China. Don't get me wrong, I love that album and it's uniqueness but it was very unexpected at the time for me. 

Anyway, I don't understand the speculation about the lyrics. It is 100% obvious to me who it is about. The video references to the tornado, Frankenstein, and the eye chart support the claims. Personally, I think it is a little harsh and 20+ years late on Gary's part. Maybe Luke's departure from the band and new album (which most of the lyrics seem to be about a similar subject Wink) helped those feelings resurface, who knows. It's easy to judge, condemn, and criticize the negativity and lashing out, but none of us were there and don't know what all transpired over the years. The lyrics of many great songs are inspired by bad experiences, especially in blues and country music. It also helps create drama, conversation, and therefore more awareness which could lead to more sales and a bigger audience. I hope to hear more music like this from Gary and Luke, but perhaps with a little more positivity Wink
Wigeon
Wigeon
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Easter Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:21 pm

Sir Shred A Lot wrote:Luke Easter -

Since you joined the discussion, can you shed light on what you know, given that you sang on the tune? Do you have any idea what the lyrics are about? Did you ever ask Gary what they were addressing? Or is it that you don't want to say? Or that he told you not to say? Something else?

Well, I didn't join the discussion so much as I was dragged into it by folks with no real knowledge of facts parading around as self-proclaimed experts. That said, I can't tell you what the song is about. I would be speculating as much as everyone else here. Here are the facts: Gary and I hadn't spoken since 1999 or 2000. I hadn't even seen him since 1996. We reconnected late last year via social media and met up at the NAMM show this past January. He asked me to do a vocal on a song he'd been working on. I did it. End of story. When I did my tracks, the lyric wasn't even complete aside from my parts so far as I know.

Wigeon wrote:Maybe Luke's departure from the band and new album (which most of the lyrics seem to be about a similar subject Gary Lenaire featuring Luke Easter: Vainglorious Hypocrisy - Page 3 Icon_wink

Like I said, I can't comment as to what Gary's lyrics are addressing. I can comment on my own work, though. I'm curious which songs folks think are about that band, because they're not.
Luke Easter
Luke Easter
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Wigeon Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:33 pm

I assumed that at least Sideways and After I'm Gone were about that band or a person in the band. But that was just an assumption and speculation on my part.
Wigeon
Wigeon
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Easter Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:48 pm

Wigeon wrote:I assumed that at least Sideways and After I'm Gone were about that band or a person in the band. But that was just an assumption and speculation on my part.

The roots of Sideways are in the collapses of a couple different friends' marriages, and the observations and conversations that came about in the aftermath. After I'm Gone has its roots in the events that led to my short-lived move to ATX. There's more to life than past bands relationships, and everyone - Gary included - has a lot going on in life, and so a lot more to write about than any one particular subject.

Who knows. Maybe down the road I'll write a song about my time in that band. Or maybe I won't waste my time. All I know is that I really haven't yet.
Luke Easter
Luke Easter
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Shred A Lot Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:38 pm

Luke Easter wrote:Well, I didn't join the discussion so much as I was dragged into it by folks with no real knowledge of facts parading around as self-proclaimed experts. That said, I can't tell you what the song is about. I would be speculating as much as everyone else here. Here are the facts: Gary and I hadn't spoken since 1999 or 2000. I hadn't even seen him since 1996. We reconnected late last year via social media and met up at the NAMM show this past January. He asked me to do a vocal on a song he'd been working on. I did it. End of story. When I did my tracks, the lyric wasn't even complete aside from my parts so far as I know.

Thanks for sharing this info, Luke. This at least allows people to hear your "side" of the story in this case. Appreciate it.

Sir Shred A Lot
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Shred A Lot Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:42 pm

Wigeon wrote:Anyway, I don't understand the speculation about the lyrics. It is 100% obvious to me who it is about. The video references to the tornado, Frankenstein, and the eye chart support the claims. 

Yes, I completely agree. I also noticed the imagery and can't imagine that it's yet another "coincidence" that fits with certain lyrics, too.

Sir Shred A Lot
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Wigeon Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:05 pm

I stand corrected. But back to the song at hand, it is such a great song. My only two complaints are that Luke is not in the video, but this little guy that really creeps me out is.

Gary Lenaire featuring Luke Easter: Vainglorious Hypocrisy - Page 3 Screen13
Wigeon
Wigeon
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by metalh Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:04 pm

The lyrics? Who cares! It's a metal song. Gary has always been one of my favorite thrash vocalists. Luke sounds as good as he always has on this track. I'm glad that he and Gary got to reconnect and put out some new tunez. I'm pretty excited to hear the new Tourniquet album. Luke's solo album is awesome. Can't we just be happy that we are getting new music from artists that we like?

I don't know why you deny

I, I know the light is burning dim and dying in you
I know the pain that lies within
I feel it too

-Collapsing by Demon Hunter
metalh
metalh

Back to top Go down

Post by heck Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:09 am

Man I’ve played this video 5 times thru. Excellent tune, great performances by all involved. Lots of easter eggs with the psycho surgery, eye chart, etc. The image played the most is the dude drinking poison, which I think is meant to reference Ted’s Drinking from the Poisoned Well which is also about broken friendships...that song ends with:

Now that you've come to realize
That chronic anger has a steep price
Taking more than you can afford to give
Stealing the joy that you need to live

I think writing songs like these is therapeutic for all involved. They are also relatable. I say keep them coming....

heck
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by cailen Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:49 am

Great thrash song! Some "Angel of death" - "Psycho Surgery" quotes etc.

Would like to have some remixes with

-Guy Ritter singing the middle part

- Eric Mendez doing solos

- Victor on bass

Cool 
Very Happy 

I like it a lot! 
Still waiting for an 20-50 release!
cailen
cailen
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by bodachi Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:58 am

cailen wrote:Great thrash song! Some "Angel of death" - "Psycho Surgery" quotes etc.

Would like to have some remixes with

-Guy Ritter singing the middle part

- Eric Mendez doing solos

- Victor on bass

Cool 
Very Happy 

I like it a lot! 
Still waiting for an 20-50 release!
...and Ted Kirkpatrick on drums!
bodachi
bodachi
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by heck Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:01 pm

Just played this again....so good.

heck
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Wigeon Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:29 pm

Anyone notice that the video for this amazing song has been removed from YouTube? I was looking for it on YouTube, as it is an amazing video and song and I needed my fix. However, I could only find the audio only remix version of the song on YouTube, not the actual video that included Luke. I'm guessing it may have been removed out of respect for Ted's passing, but that is just a guess. Would love to see it again if anyone has a download of it.
Wigeon
Wigeon
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

TZ75 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:09 pm

Wigeon wrote:Anyone notice that the video for this amazing song has been removed from YouTube? I was looking for it on YouTube, as it is an amazing video and song and I needed my fix. However, I could only find the audio only remix version of the song on YouTube, not the actual video that included Luke. I'm guessing it may have been removed out of respect for Ted's passing, but that is just a guess. Would love to see it again if anyone has a download of it.

We can’t erase the past, although some people are attempting to. It’s called cancel culture. 

The way I see it: Ted and the ex-members were like a family that had a falling out. Or a “divorce”. 

I think deep down they all still had respect for each other’s talent and past achievements. I don’t think removing the song in any way is going to change the past. Let’s face it… it’s a great song! The best Gary has written in a long time!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3