The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Reviews] Taking The Head Of Goliath, Jimmy Brown's Eraserhead and John DeGroof

+3
11razorwire
Pro-Zak
Lex Metalis
7 posters

Go down

[Reviews] Taking The Head Of Goliath, Jimmy Brown's Eraserhead and John DeGroof Empty [Reviews] Taking The Head Of Goliath, Jimmy Brown's Eraserhead and John DeGroof

Post by Lex Metalis 14/7/2018, 12:03 pm

Hello friends

I'll post here some new fresh reviews that I did in Metal na Lata website, It's in portuguese but I have some raw english translations avaiable.

If you like (or not), tell me and share the links. God bless
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

[Reviews] Taking The Head Of Goliath, Jimmy Brown's Eraserhead and John DeGroof Empty Re: [Reviews] Taking The Head Of Goliath, Jimmy Brown's Eraserhead and John DeGroof

Post by Lex Metalis 14/7/2018, 12:11 pm

[Reviews] Taking The Head Of Goliath, Jimmy Brown's Eraserhead and John DeGroof Tthog10

http://metalnalata.com.br/site/taking-the-head-of-goliath-taking-the-head-of-goliath-ep-2018/

[ltr]After their live EP "Beyond Brutal - Live", the american quintet Taking The Head Of Goliath release their first studio work and, as the beautiful cover art (made by Par Olofsson) shows, this release is brutal and violent![/ltr]

[ltr]The release isn't a long release, it has almost 20 minutes and seems more like an EP, but shows with maestry what the band desire, a ultra heavy, brutal and merciless death metal.[/ltr]

[ltr]Jake Martin have the proper vocal that we expect from a death metal band: furious and almost unintelligible. The guitarists Nathan Sherman and Rob Blake have a good hand and a great arsenal of riffs, without melody or false technical but power and great impact. Matt Vangsgard received a hard mission as drummer, but he rides on the drums very well in a style that is so difficult like brutal death metal is. After the recording, Steve Reishus (ex Crimson Thorn) replaced him.[/ltr]

[ltr]And, speaking of Crimson Thorn, I can't ignore an special fact. Luke Renno used to be the lead vocal and bass player in this band, but he also plays bass in Taking The Head Of Goliath and pay a tribute to his old band with a version to their most know track, "Unearthed" and Luke shows that he's still on the top as "cookie monster singer" too (lol).[/ltr]

[ltr]This studio record came to confirm what the live EP shows us, that Taking The Head Of Goliath was born to do what they do and that they are extremely competent on this. If someone need a good reason to bang your head and crash old things down inside the house, this EP is the wick and the gunpowder to start the explosion.[/ltr]
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

[Reviews] Taking The Head Of Goliath, Jimmy Brown's Eraserhead and John DeGroof Empty Re: [Reviews] Taking The Head Of Goliath, Jimmy Brown's Eraserhead and John DeGroof

Post by Lex Metalis 14/7/2018, 12:14 pm

[Reviews] Taking The Head Of Goliath, Jimmy Brown's Eraserhead and John DeGroof Jbe11

http://metalnalata.com.br/site/jpbiis-eraserhead-eraserhead-2018/

[ltr]This could very well be another album by Deliverance since this same lineup had already played together in 2 of the band's work, but as it recently returned to a heavier and Thrash sound, the creative and tireless Jimmy put his more progressive and melodic ideas in a parallel project that bears his name and expands his devotion to names like Bowie and Queensryche to a new level.[/ltr]

[ltr]Not having the pressure of the name Deliverance was an excellent thing because we see a more mature trio musically and without strings, without compromise with A or B style of music and yes with the will to make good music, objective clearly reached here.[/ltr]

[ltr]Jimmy continues to sing as always, or superbly well and still treats the strings of his guitar with an odd mastery ("Entertaining Angels" and "Memory" show how supernatural he is in his functions) and agree that whoever accompanies his trajectory knows that this is nothing new and this also extends to his bandmates. What Manny Morales does on the bass is worthy of immortalizing the musician with a statue in a public square, since it is not every day that we see (and hear) feeling and footprint like those present in the tracks "Ego", "Stained", "Indecisive" . Drummer Jon Knox is another monster that punches the drums without fuss and makes the darned ask for more without complaining. Doubt? Listen to "The Scales" and "The Swell Of Thieves" to test the 9.[/ltr]

[ltr]It took about 24 years for this line-up to get together and make music again. And whether it's Deliverance or JPBII's Eraserhead, what I want from the heart is that you do not just get into that "comeback" and keep doing what you know best, quality music whatever it is![/ltr]
Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Metalis 14/7/2018, 12:15 pm

Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak 14/7/2018, 1:54 pm

Saw "Taking the Head of Goliath" at Audifeed, a bit too on the brutal side of things for my taste. Solid band though...
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak 14/7/2018, 1:55 pm

Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by 11razorwire 14/7/2018, 2:09 pm

Not bad at all. TTHOG is right up my alley.

Last edited by 11razorwire on 15/7/2018, 1:56 am; edited 1 time in total
11razorwire
11razorwire
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd 14/7/2018, 7:53 pm

this is incredible...

[Reviews] Taking The Head Of Goliath, Jimmy Brown's Eraserhead and John DeGroof 2Q==
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum 15/7/2018, 1:34 am

I am loving Eraserhead.  I will pass on the other two.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain 15/7/2018, 2:35 am

I tried to listen to the John DeGroff album, but couldn't get through it.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla 15/7/2018, 2:53 am

Will check them out. Not my thing on those vocals for tthog. Need to hear some more samples for Eraserhead. I'm hoping for more J6.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum 15/7/2018, 3:48 am

MikeInFla wrote:Will check them out. Not my thing on those vocals for tthog. Need to hear some more samples for Eraserhead. I'm hoping for more J6.

I would love for the "A Message From Home" album to be completed and released.  I know Jimmy had at least demo tracks recorded for it.  I don't know if anything else more professional ever came out of that, though.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak 15/7/2018, 10:09 am

alldatndensum wrote:I am loving Eraserhead.  I will pass on the other two.

O yea! Think this may be better than the new "Big D"...
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down