The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Killing Is My Business...And Business Is Good - The Final Kill

5 posters

Go down

Killing Is My Business...And Business Is Good - The Final Kill Empty Killing Is My Business...And Business Is Good - The Final Kill

Post by Guest Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:52 am

Just picked this up using some birthday money. This reissue version sounds great and has brought the album back to life for me. Everything is so much clearer. Reminds me and makes me appreciate more what a riff monster this is.

Anyone else picked up this new release of Megadeth's debut, and what do you think?

Killing Is My Business...And Business Is Good - The Final Kill Megadeth-Pic-1

Back to top Go down

Killing Is My Business...And Business Is Good - The Final Kill Empty Re: Killing Is My Business...And Business Is Good - The Final Kill

Post by 11razorwire Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:17 am

Haven't snagged it yet, but I don't doubt it's fantastic. Always loved KIMB.
11razorwire
11razorwire
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Killing Is My Business...And Business Is Good - The Final Kill Empty Re: Killing Is My Business...And Business Is Good - The Final Kill

Post by Black Rider Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:38 am

I'm so used to the sound it's part of what makes it what it is. Back in the early thrash days it was more about attitude then polish but being the 'deth fan I am, i'll probably still check this out.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:27 pm

I just picked it up last week as well on a whim. Saw it on Amazon and did an impulse buy. I LOVE IT! But i have to say I have NEVER heard the original so this was a new release for me! I can do without the bonus tracks as it is obvious that some of them are from a cassette and sound poor but the album tracks are great. Again, I can't compare it to the original because I have never heard it but I am willing to bet I like this version better.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:51 am

Yeah I'm not that much into the bonus tracks either. The live tracks were taken from VHS.

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:22 am

And I believe track one on this reissue is a completely different drum track. Not really I sure but I think I read it somewhere.

And something else I noticed is that Dave left his original lyrics in for Boots. It's obvious the vocal track was re-recorded because Lee Hazelwood didn't approve of Dave's... So he went back and re-recorded it with the original lyrics but left his lyrics in the lyric sheet.

It's kind of odd that I never heard this or even owned it. I have a ton of others (but not all). I've been spinning this and the GNR remaster non-stop over the last week. I need to break out Peace Sells and give it a listen again I haven't heard that one in a long time.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by xMetalMarkx Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:29 am

I enjoy this mix the most of the 3 I know of, although I'm not too keen the way "Last Rites" was separated and given an extended fade.  The demo tracks on this are (still!) positively mp3-sourced and play waaaaay over pitch. Additionally, the main portion plays about 9 cents over pitch (as did the 2002 remix).  The bonus live tracks I could have done without, as the pitch is out of whack on those, too, and the longer-form sources have been floating around trading sites for quite a while. There's at least one decent-sounding 1985 soundboard in circulation which wasn't used for any of the bonus cuts.  As a document of the period it might have made more sense to pull from that as opposed to the later (Peace Sells/R.i.P.) tour sources used on this.
xMetalMarkx
xMetalMarkx
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by metalh Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:13 am

The only version I had heard prior to this new one is the 2001 reissue. I can definitely tell the difference in production between the two. New one sounds incredible! I really like the tweaks to album cover as well.

I don't know why you deny

I, I know the light is burning dim and dying in you
I know the pain that lies within
I feel it too

-Collapsing by Demon Hunter
metalh
metalh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down