The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Citron (Czech old-school heavy metal)

4 posters

Go down

Citron (Czech old-school heavy metal) Empty Citron (Czech old-school heavy metal)

Post by Kerrick Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:41 am

Any fans of the Czech heavy metal band Citron?  They've been around for a long time and got a couple members from Kreyson (which is one of my favorite power metal bands).  They're not a Christian band but their lyrics are clean and obviously have some Christians in the band.  They do sing in Czech so we know Alldat won't care for them,  tongue but for those of us who enjoy bands who sing in other languages, they're pretty good!  I think some of their albums are pretty hard to come by but last year they released a box set that has basically everything and for what it's got, is really quite inexpensive, but they only ship to eastern Europe.  My mother-in-law is coming to visit in September to see the baby so I think I'll see if I can order the box set and have her bring it.   Cool

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Citron (Czech old-school heavy metal) Empty Re: Citron (Czech old-school heavy metal)

Post by Temple of Blood Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:56 am

Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Citron (Czech old-school heavy metal) Empty Re: Citron (Czech old-school heavy metal)

Post by Kerrick Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:50 pm

Their newer material is quite a bit heavier which I really dig...

Anyways, my wife just ordered it off of some Czech website.  Now I'm extra excited for my mother-in-law to visit!   flower

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:43 am

New song from their upcoming EP:

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:55 am

I've been listening to the albums from the box-set probably more than any other albums since I got it.  Really great stuff.  The new EP is due in soon and I look forward to cranking it loudly too!  I highly recommend.  Their stuff from the 80's and early 90's is especially great, and while their newest full-length is quite different than their older material, it's super enjoyable too.  I go back and forth on which is my favorite album of theirs, but this one's among my favorites anyways haha.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Sat May 04, 2019 10:50 am

I like them too.
I believe that I have their complete discography except for the compilations.
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Tue May 21, 2019 7:52 pm

Does anyone have more information about their new release and new band name?
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed May 22, 2019 9:55 am

Do you mean Limetal?  From what I heard, when Lada Krizek re-joined Citron, basically the rest of the band left (sans the drummer) and formed Limetal.  I have Limetal's s/t album and it's quite good.  I want to buy their newest one but haven't yet.  I noticed that they changed their name to Limetall (two L's at the end instead of one) for this new release though I don't know why.

Citron is still very active and just came out with that new EP a couple months ago I posted about above.  (I actually have a second copy, brand new and sealed if you're interested...)

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by ManipulatorGeneral404 Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:06 pm

KerrickAny fans of the Czech heavy metal band Citron?  They've been around for a long time and got a couple members from Kreyson (which is one of my favorite power metal bands).  They're not a Christian band but their lyrics are clean and obviously have some Christians in the band.  They do sing in Czech so we know Alldat won't care for them,  tongue but for those of us who enjoy bands who sing in other languages, they're pretty good!  I think some of their albums are pretty hard to come by but last year they released a box set that has basically everything and for what it's got, is really quite inexpensive, but they only ship to eastern Europe.  My mother-in-law is coming to visit in September to see the baby so I think I'll see if I can order the box set and have her bring it.   Cool

Is there something specific you could point to regarding that there are Christians in the band? I listened to a good deal of Czech metal this year as part of cultural immersion and picking up some of the language before I traveled there. I can understand a limited amount of what the lyrics are saying, but not enough to have a complete picture. Their first albums were definitely about stereotypical metal themes of metal, posturing, sex, and partying, though.

ManipulatorGeneral404
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:35 pm

I don't know much about their earlier lineup, but their current lineup has two members of Kreyson which is an overtly Christian band.  Their singer Lada is the main creative force behind both bands and definitely appears to be a Christian from the lyrics he writes.  (For what it's worth, both of those members wear crosses too.)

That's very cool that you traveled there.  I've been to Slovakia numerous times but am yet to venture into the Czech Republic.  I'd be curious to hear what other bands you discovered, especially Christian ones!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down