The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would Deliverance plagiarized Wargasm?

+4
Livna
Living Sacrifice
strangerhoncho
Lex Metalis
8 posters

Go down

Would Deliverance plagiarized Wargasm? Empty Would Deliverance plagiarized Wargasm?

Post by Lex Metalis Thu May 17, 2018 4:53 pm

Lex Metalis
Lex Metalis
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Would Deliverance plagiarized Wargasm? Empty Re: Would Deliverance plagiarized Wargasm?

Post by strangerhoncho Thu May 17, 2018 8:49 pm

Whoops.  That could happen unconsciously if you heard or learned to play that decades ago, then forgot about it.  But still....

strangerhoncho
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Would Deliverance plagiarized Wargasm? Empty Re: Would Deliverance plagiarized Wargasm?

Post by Living Sacrifice Fri May 18, 2018 3:09 am

Naahh… This happens all the time in metal and other genres. Metal is especially rythm based and I've heard more examples of this happening. Can't think of a specific one right now but I know I've reacted to a riff in one of Living Sacrifice's songs that I've heard before somewhere. I think the song is on the Reborn album.
Living Sacrifice
Living Sacrifice
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Livna Fri May 18, 2018 7:18 am

I don’t see it. But maybe I need to listen to both more intently
Livna
Livna
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Xid Fri May 18, 2018 8:46 am

I wouldn't be surprised if there are 100 other songs out there that use a similarly styled riff.
Xid
Xid
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://www.joshuascreed.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Fri May 18, 2018 9:27 am

I highly doubt Jimmy has ever even heard them, and am even more doubtful he would take anything from them.

I thought Deliverance borrowed more from Metallica, frankly, in some of their clean guitar work.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 18, 2018 9:33 am

Through this video, We can certainly say that these guys of wargasm travelled to the future, have heard of Deliverance, then went back in time and ripped them off.

It is the only plausible explanation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 18, 2018 9:35 am

This kind of discussion always remind me this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Fri May 18, 2018 11:43 am

Happens all the time. Listen to Annihilator and you swear at times it's Maiden riffs.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Fri May 18, 2018 2:00 pm

I agree with the statement that it happens all the time. There a certain riffs that I've heard on countless albums! Listen to a standard power metal release! Some bands even rip themselves off!

As for Wargasm, I had all three of there albums and though I enjoyed them, I'd definitely consider them way down on the list in the thrash scene. A ton of people wouldn't know who they are.

That said, Jimmy could easily of known them. They were around at the same time and played thrash. Like Believer and Sacrifice bearing similarities, you run into people, form friendships, admire each other's music, maybe a few things sneak in? However, who would steal that riff 25yrs later? It's not even that good! I can't imagine someone feeling compelled to rip that off.

I'd say for all potential circumstantial evidence, it's just a coincidence but it doesn't matter either way.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Fri May 18, 2018 2:47 pm

Believer said they were influenced by Sacrifice though, and were fans.  I doubt Jimmy was a fan of Boston-based Wargasm.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Fri May 18, 2018 6:16 pm

Any of you ever listen to Xentrix? D reminds me of them a lot.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Sat May 19, 2018 4:55 am

I think not Deliverance but Detritus sounds a lot like Xentrix. Both were British which adds to that. I loved Xentrix so finding Detritus was very interesting.

The bad thing is sometimes when bands sound alike I tend to take one as the lesser version of the other. I've never been able to shake the "Detritus is like a lesser Xentrix" impression. Xentrix just had better songs in my opinion.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat May 19, 2018 8:23 am

I think Xentrix had better production. I'd love to hear Detritus remastered.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Sat May 19, 2018 11:04 am

Frozen Fire wrote:I think not Deliverance but Detritus sounds a lot like Xentrix. Both were British which adds to that. I loved Xentrix so finding Detritus was very interesting.

The bad thing is sometimes when bands sound alike I tend to take one as the lesser version of the other. I've never been able to shake the "Detritus is like a lesser Xentrix" impression. Xentrix just had better songs in my opinion.

Haha...I remember discovering Xentrix back in the day (after being a fan of Detritus) and realizing that Detritus copied their sound (mostly just on Perpetual Defiance).  Was bummed at first, but I didn't mind after listening to all the Xentrix albums and thinking that Detritus had way better songs in the end!  None by Xentrix made any lasting impressions on me, whereas every single Detritus song sticks in my head to this day.  Different ears make the world go round.

strangerhoncho
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Sat May 19, 2018 1:09 pm

strangerhoncho wrote:
Frozen Fire wrote:I think not Deliverance but Detritus sounds a lot like Xentrix. Both were British which adds to that. I loved Xentrix so finding Detritus was very interesting.

Haha...I remember discovering Xentrix back in the day (after being a fan of Detritus) and realizing that Detritus copied their sound (mostly just on Perpetual Defiance).  Was bummed at first, but I didn't mind after listening to all the Xentrix albums and thinking that Detritus had way better songs in the end!  None by Xentrix made any lasting impressions on me, whereas every single Detritus song sticks in my head to this day.  Different ears make the world go round.
Circle Dance

The remaster comment above is right on. The Xentrix material was produced well and got a remaster too. They sounded great! I'd love to hear what Perpetual Defiance sounded like with a little touch up. It doesn't sound bad but not quite up to the same standard.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down