Moving to Idaho

Go down

Moving to Idaho

Post by Kerrick on Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:24 pm

Prayers greatly appreciated from y'all.  Some huge changes are in the works for me and my wife (and baby!).  We've decided to move to Idaho and are planning on going in a month.  I don't have a job lined up yet nor do we have a place to live... but we've been talking about and praying for this for quite some time and are confident it's the right thing.  Our little one is due in August which we're extremely excited for and is helping bring this change sooner than later - for we'll need time to get adjusted up there, find good medical support, etc.  I spoke to the president of the company I'm at (it's a small company) and because we're so incredibly busy right now and I've already proven I can successfully work remotely, I'm going to remain employed here and help get them over this hump by working online from Idaho for a while.  That'll give me time to find another job.  Praise God for how He continues to take care of us.  Finding a rental unit is key, and the move itself won't be a walk in the park.  Thankfully my parents have been especially supportive and will be helping us move.  They're planning on moving up there too in the months after we do.  I've only ever lived in California and this was my first job out of college so it's quite daunting.  There is SO MUCH up in the air right now and so many unknowns, but we've been continuously blown away by the support and encouragement we're finding every step of the way.  It's given us many opportunities to exercise our trust in God and appreciate the ways He continues to provide graciously.  Smile  I appreciate your prayers!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Re: Moving to Idaho

Post by Andreas89 on Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:13 am

Praying!

It is my experience (even right now) that God has a way of guiding us through busy times. I once read the quote "God gives the greatest challenges to His toughest soldiers". This is not true. Rather, God makes us stronger through great challenges. So I'm praying for you guys to stay strong, and become stronger.
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick on Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:13 pm

Thank you Andreas for your encouragement, prayers, and words of wisdom.  Smile

Not having a place to move into yet is a bit nerve-racking and trying to find one remotely is proving difficult.  We're also very leery of scams but still need to fill out applications with lots of personal data.  Continued prayers appreciated!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain on Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:19 pm

Praying for you and the family.
deathisgain
Metal Slacker

http://www.deathisgain.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick on Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:40 pm

Praise God!  We found a great spot in excellent location for a reasonable price.  We sent in our check today.  Smile  Now we just gotta figure out how to move our stuff...

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla on Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:07 am

Prayers for you brother. I know the feeling, I have moved 4 or 5 times in my adult life and each time it is scary. Our last move in 2000 was our last (as I am not moving again, ever, unless something happens but I don't see it happening). We moved our stuff with a U-Haul. Loaded it up, put a trailer on the back and I towed my car while my wife drove hers. I hate moving even if it is across town to a new place. Prayers to you and your family.
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick on Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:58 pm

Thanks dude.

Pretty weird day today...  As a service to them, I gave a MONTH'S notice to my company (with whom I've been a loyal employee for nearly eight years) a couple weeks ago and they were happy to keep me on as a contractor to work remotely indefinitely to help get them over this hump of work (we are absolutely slammed right now and I'm the most senior engineer on our team...) as well as allowing me to have work up in Idaho until I eventually found another job.  Today I got word that they have retracted that offer because it'd look like "tax evasion" which is very obviously a total load of crap.  I'm now moving to a foreign state with my pregnant wife and no job.  We signed a year lease for a rental unit trusting we'd have steady income as was assured.  I suppose this is one of those great opportunities to put our trust in God and when He comes through: to give Him all the glory.

Prayers greatly appreciated of course.  I feel pretty betrayed and it's difficult for me to not hold resentment and anger to the one person responsible for this decision.  As an ambassador of Christ I'm compelled to finish well here and hope that God uses me to draw others close to Him through this rather terrible situation.  Thank you friends!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by bassdude on Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:27 am

That's a rough spot to be in...praying.
bassdude
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain on Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:37 am

Kerrick wrote:Thanks dude.

Pretty weird day today...  As a service to them, I gave a MONTH'S notice to my company (with whom I've been a loyal employee for nearly eight years) a couple weeks ago and they were happy to keep me on as a contractor to work remotely indefinitely to help get them over this hump of work (we are absolutely slammed right now and I'm the most senior engineer on our team...) as well as allowing me to have work up in Idaho until I eventually found another job.  Today I got word that they have retracted that offer because it'd look like "tax evasion" which is very obviously a total load of crap.  I'm now moving to a foreign state with my pregnant wife and no job.  We signed a year lease for a rental unit trusting we'd have steady income as was assured.  I suppose this is one of those great opportunities to put our trust in God and when He comes through: to give Him all the glory.

Prayers greatly appreciated of course.  I feel pretty betrayed and it's difficult for me to not hold resentment and anger to the one person responsible for this decision.  As an ambassador of Christ I'm compelled to finish well here and hope that God uses me to draw others close to Him through this rather terrible situation.  Thank you friends!

When we were living in South Florida, we had been wanting for a couple of years to move to North Georgia, but had no idea how to make the move. Some friends of ours that had moved up a year before us, opened up their house for us to stay in till we got on our feet. I also had a nice interview lined up. We moved up here in April of 2001 around the time the economy started taking a nose dive. The interview went well, but I never got a call back as the company then got bought out and moved to N.C. I couldn't even find part time work. It was crazy. To top it all off, our friends told us we had to move out. They felt like God was telling them that we had to leave. Shortly after that I got a part time job, and eventually my current full time job. God's got you covered. Smile
deathisgain
Metal Slacker

http://www.deathisgain.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick on Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:05 pm

^Yes He does!  God's been very good to us and even with this whole job thing, His providence has been pretty clear and we've received a ton of encouragement.

Today is my last day at my job and then Friday morning we head off to Idaho!  (Well technically off to Oregon where we'll stay the night and then Saturday we'll be off to Idaho.)

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum