GLENN TIPTON/JUDAS PRIEST DIAGNOSED WITH PARKINSONS

Go down

GLENN TIPTON/JUDAS PRIEST DIAGNOSED WITH PARKINSONS

Post by MikeInFla on Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:27 am

From Judas Priest headquarters-

GLENN TIPTON/JUDAS PRIEST DIAGNOSED WITH PARKINSONS:
Ten years ago Glenn was diagnosed to have the onset of the early stages of Parkinson’s - from then until recently Glenn has lived his life as the great heavy metal guitar player he has always been, maintaining by his own definition a standard of quality and performance that is incredibly important.

Right now Glenn is able to play and perform some of the Priest songs that are less challenging but due to the nature of Parkinson's progression he wants to let you all know that he won't be be touring as such -

True to the metal spirit of 'the show must go on' Glenn has requested Andy Sneap to fly the flag on stage for him

“I want everyone to know that it’s vital that the Judas Priest tour go ahead and that I am not leaving the band - it’s simply that my role has changed.
I don’t rule out the chance to go on stage as and when I feel able to blast out some Priest! So at some point in the not too distant future I’m really looking forward to seeing all of our wonderful metal maniacs once again”

Rob, Richie, Ian and Scott have this to say:

“We have been privileged to witness Glenn’s determination and steadfast commitment over the years, showing his passion and self belief through the writing, recording and performing sessions with Priest - he is a true metal hero!
We are not surprised by Glenn’s insistence that we complete the Firepower tour and thank Andy for joining us to make Glenn’s wishes become real -
As Glenn has said we also can’t wait to have him with us at any time any place on the road.....
We love you Glenn!”
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Re: GLENN TIPTON/JUDAS PRIEST DIAGNOSED WITH PARKINSONS

Post by Staybrite on Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:36 pm

Ahhhh serious bummer.  First KK, now this.
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Friday13th on Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:18 am

Sad indeed. Glad I got to see Priest a few years ago. Tipton seemed a bit reserved, but he could definitely play with the best of them. Gonna say a prayer for him and his family. To have your abilities ripped from you just like that must be rough.
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by exo on Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:09 am

Honestly, this news just leaves me wondering exactly how much Glenn contributed in terms of playing when the new album was recorded, and how much of the material was recorded by Faulkner/Sneap.  I don't have a problem with it per se, because you can still write and compose even if you can't play well enough to get clean takes in a studio, and Rob, Ian, and Scott have been together long enough they'll safeguard the legacy.......but I'm definitely curious.

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:06 pm

I was wondering that too and i'd guess they played most of it. At what point do bands cease to be the band? Kind of wish they'd rename themselves.
Black Rider
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:54 pm

I have no desire to hear a Judas Priest album with the majority of the leads and songwriting done by Richie Faulkner.  Did anyone care about his solos or songs before he was in JP?  Nope.  Unlike Scott Travis(Racer X) and Tim Owens (Winters Bane).  Even Blaze Bayley (Wolfsbane) seemed to have a positive buzz and fans!  This was too much of a promotion for a guy who couldn't make an impression on his own.  Playing old solos is one thing, songwriting is a distinctly different one.

Temple of Blood
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider on Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:19 pm

Someone in the band thinks he can do it. Even Downing and Tipton evolved in their songwriting.
Black Rider
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood on Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:45 pm

Someone in Iron Maiden thought Blaze Bayley could do it too. 

You don't join a legacy multi-platinum band with 14+ albums behind it to give yourself a chance to evolve.  You need to be ready to deliver.

Temple of Blood
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider on Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:54 pm

I know you don't think he's that great but RoS had a lot of good reviews and I think it's killer.
Black Rider
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum