The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OMIGOSH...New Stryper Album Title

+21
alldatndensum
MikeInFla
Airola
WildWorld
Follower of Jesus
Temple of Blood
Fearless For The King
Livna
Opeth3232
heck
exo
Hardcore Christian
JPK72
Fundy
TMLMKE
Black Rider
Andreas89
deathisgain
eatbugs
Kerrick
Friday13th
25 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

OMIGOSH...New Stryper Album Title - Page 3 Empty Re: OMIGOSH...New Stryper Album Title

Post by exo Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:21 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
exo wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:hahaha! Yeah I wanted to make "Dad Blamed Evil" but it was easier to do the above.
Seriously, I'm about to copy/paste this picture to his FB wall.....
Hahaha! Do it and let me know if there is a repsonse, I am not on FB.

DONE.

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

OMIGOSH...New Stryper Album Title - Page 3 Empty Re: OMIGOSH...New Stryper Album Title

Post by alldatndensum Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:59 pm

I've only been in a couple of these discussions and have tried to avoid them. I've seen a lot of name-calling and dirt throwing from extreme sides on this album. I've seen some believers bashing others and lobbing Scripture bombs and labeling everyone and everything as sinners.

I have seen other believers who are much more laid back about the title take up arms and just insult the daylights out of the other side.

Truthfully, the whole thing is starting to sicken me. Why?

First of all, if the title offends you or makes you uncomfortable, you are entitled to your feelings. Likewise, if it doesn't bother you, you are entitled to that. What bothers me most is that, while the band is getting all this free press from us as we shred each other on various pages and websites, we are becoming divided over such an issue. Personally, I wouldn't want to put out an album that caused such division when a simple change of the title could be made. They may sell more units, or not, but at what cost will it enact on the body of Christ?

To me, this illustrates a poor decision on behalf of the band and a total immaturity of the body of Christ in these times if we are verbally going to go to blows over this.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:24 pm

alldatndensum wrote:I've only been in a couple of these discussions and have tried to avoid them. I've seen a lot of name-calling and dirt throwing from extreme sides on this album. I've seen some believers bashing others and lobbing Scripture bombs and labeling everyone and everything as sinners.

I have seen other believers who are much more laid back about the title take up arms and just insult the daylights out of the other side.

First of all, if the title offends you or makes you uncomfortable, you are entitled to your feelings. Likewise, if it doesn't bother you, you are entitled to that. What bothers me most is that, while the band is getting all this free press from us as we shred each other on various pages and websites, we are becoming divided over such an issue. Personally, I wouldn't want to put out an album that caused such division when a simple change of the title could be made. They may sell more units, or not, but at what cost will it enact on the body of Christ?

To me, this illustrates a poor decision on behalf of the band and a total immaturity of the body of Christ in these times if we are verbally going to go to blows over this.
I don't think I can disagree with anything you've said. neither "side" really has the high ground, here....

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:04 pm

alldatndensum wrote:I've only been in a couple of these discussions and have tried to avoid them. I've seen a lot of name-calling and dirt throwing from extreme sides on this album. I've seen some believers bashing others and lobbing Scripture bombs and labeling everyone and everything as sinners.

It's where we are as Americans now:  do whatever you want to do, say whatever you want to say, and insult and demean anyone who disagrees with you. 

Honestly, if I'm gonna through out Scripture bombs over this here issue, I'm gonna go to Paul's words that all things are permissible, but not all things are beneficial.  Just because you can put out a message this way, doesn't mean its really the best way to do it.  But...this genie is out of the bottle, so there's no reason to scream over it.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:07 pm

Kerrick wrote:
Friday13th wrote:There's no indication it's a joke. Michael posted the lyrics to the title track to give the term some context. I mean, we knew Stryper had a tendency to go for shock value...but this is a whole new level haha.

OMIGOSH...New Stryper Album Title - Page 3 Tenor

Wow I really thought it was a joke!  This is going to sound harsher than I intend it to be... but the title is something I'd expect from a one-man-bedroom-"unblack"-metal project of some teenage kid who just discovered Horde and is trying to be "edgy".  As for shock-value, I foresee only Christians being shocked by it and there will be a bunch of in-fighting over the title but I doubt it'll make much of a splash in the secular crowd.  Time will tell though.  I've never been a Stryper fan but from what I can put together, musically their latest albums have all been very good, so who knows!

I don't quite understand the intention behind the lyrics.  If they're using "damn" literally as in "to condemn someone to hell", then why are the walls included here too?  Huh.
You mean like that band "F*** the Devil"?
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by cailen Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:30 pm

?

First of all I am no native english speaker so I don´t understand
the issue about the title.

Second I understand all music, titles coverartworks as art.

Art has to and wants to be interpreted, needs an interpretation AND it does mean that several and more interpretations can be right, because we are individuals with different lifes and understand different things and meanings.

1. Who said that the guy in the middle is GOD?

He can be also an image or personification for Mammon that destroys
    people´s life and separates them.
    Maybe that Mammon is an image of evil to be damned because it kills...   
   who knows

2nd. The lyrics tell about a "wall" that the storyteller (he must not necessarily  be Michael Sweet himselve) prays to be destroyed by God. Walls
seperate humans. I dont´t think about Mexico  Rolling Eyes Wink
but according to the buildings with the dollars on the cover I think about
Wallstreet...

however I might be wrong but I understand this title and artwork as

provoking that people talk and speak abut it...

goal achieved IMO
cailen
cailen
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:25 pm

Kerrick wrote:Is this a joke?!?
Ha Ha, that was my first reaction too Laughing
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:14 am

I'm on the fence about the song title. I heard the new song and I didn't know what to think of it when I listened to it in the wee hours of the morning. I guess when fatigue is experienced it clouds your judgement. I listened to the song a few minutes ago and I like it much better now. I will like it more with repeated listens.

I think this album is going to be their To Hell with the Devil. I'm not referring to the sound of the song released and not that No More Hell to Pay and Fallen sounds like any particular album but they have much of the elements of YABA, Soldiers, THWTD and Against the Law. This new album reminds me of To Hell With the Devil for 4 reasons:

1. If you remember, To Hell With the Devil has the controversial title like this one has.

2. To Hell With the Devil had the pentagram that caused the cover to be banned - this one has Isaiah 53:5 partly covered and people have a problem with the towering figure on the front cover not accurately representing God. I don't think the figure was supposed to represent God but a false idol or wrath or something. Someone made a reference on facebook as some of the sins being represented on the front cover which could be the case.

3. At that time and since then, To Hell With the Devil was their best selling album. Not that this new album will reach that level, but from Take It to the Cross being #1 on Amazon, I can see this album outselling No More Hell to Pay and Fallen even though both are stellar albums.

4. To Hell with the Devil has the Abyss Intro. Take It to the Cross being track one, even though it is not the title track, has an intro that is part of the song. It kind of reminds me of the background music  to In the Beginning from Motley Crue's Shout At the Devil.

Over all, I think this is going to be a good album.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3