The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deliverance ‘The Subversive Kind’ worldwide release date announced!

+17
elManique
Black Rider
FreeRangeBeliever
Temple of Blood
deathisgain
Fearless For The King
MikeInFla
jeffcorpse
heck
sentient 6
Airola
oldschooldoom
Livna
Soldier777
cailen
alldatndensum
Bill Roxx
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Deliverance ‘The Subversive Kind’ worldwide release date announced! Empty Deliverance ‘The Subversive Kind’ worldwide release date announced!

Post by Bill Roxx Fri 19 Jan 2018 - 14:02

Deliverance fans are you ready? 

The Subversive Kind arrives worldwide on February 23, 2018!

Who’s ready to see and hear a lot more from the Big D this year?

Check it out...

https://billroxx.wordpress.com/2018/01/19/deliverance-return-to-unleash-the-subversive-kind/
Bill Roxx
Bill Roxx
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.roxxproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Deliverance ‘The Subversive Kind’ worldwide release date announced! Empty Re: Deliverance ‘The Subversive Kind’ worldwide release date announced!

Post by alldatndensum Fri 19 Jan 2018 - 18:25

I will check it out when it releases but I don't know if I will get this or not.

Now, when Eraserhead comes out, I'll be all over that.  I loved the more Bowie-eque version of Deliverance and Eraserhead is supposed to be more in that vein.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Deliverance ‘The Subversive Kind’ worldwide release date announced! Empty Re: Deliverance ‘The Subversive Kind’ worldwide release date announced!

Post by Bill Roxx Fri 19 Jan 2018 - 21:48

Yeah if you don’t like straight up thrash like Slayer Testament etc, it won’t be up your alley.
Bill Roxx
Bill Roxx
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.roxxproductions.com

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by cailen Sat 20 Jan 2018 - 1:45

Hi! I wanted to preorder the CD.

But the program calculated 12.00 $ for shipping to germany so this will be
 $ 22.58 for the oversears is that correct? 

Or should I better wait until nordic mission will have some in stock
for us europeans?

I am looking very forward to this release!
 I love to hear the new THRASH tunes from the big D !

Metal 1
cailen
cailen
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Sat 20 Jan 2018 - 11:11

I will order the CD. I heard the Blackhand and I liked it. My preferred D albums are the first 4 up to Stay and most of As Above over half of Learn and some of Hear What I Say. Over all I prefer their faster speed songs. I think I will like this new one but I noticed on Blackhand Jimny's voice don't get as high as the earlier albums. Anyway, I'll likely order it from Roxx with another CD or 2 to save on shipping.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Livna Sat 20 Jan 2018 - 15:30

I haven’t heard the new song yet but I’ve heard that people are comparing this record to Slayer’s Reign In Blood
Livna
Livna
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Sat 24 Feb 2018 - 7:06

Welp, I have listened twice and still don't understand the controversial album artwork. LOL, I am not offended just trying to make the connection. Here are the lyrics that still don't give hint at why children are made to appear like little devils.

http://www.darklyrics.com/lyrics/deliverance/thesubversivekind.html
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Feb 2018 - 13:24

Thanks for posting the lyrics. I was looking for it everywhere.
I still don't get the artwork either. I hope this is not the art in the t-shirt I ordered. I would rather to have those skulls with thorns and blood.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Sat 24 Feb 2018 - 13:55

I just ordered the CD. Looking forward to some thrashing!
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Sat 24 Feb 2018 - 14:21

CD Baby has samples of every song in the album:
https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/deliverance24

I'm glad several of those short samples have these certain types of little hooks at some points that I was hoping for. Based on these samples I think I will enjoy it way more than As Above, So Below and Hear What I Say.

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sat 24 Feb 2018 - 17:03

...eh...after looking at some of the lyrics, if I feel like listening to some thrash i'll just throw on a Lazarus AD cd instead of getting this.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by heck Sat 24 Feb 2018 - 21:09

Album is on Spotify

heck
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffcorpse Mon 26 Feb 2018 - 2:11

Can't wait to get this! Sounds AMAZING!
jeffcorpse
jeffcorpse
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Mon 26 Feb 2018 - 3:55

I've been spinning it in my truck since the CD came in. An enjoyable listen.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Fearless For The King Tue 27 Feb 2018 - 7:00

I'm definitely going to pick this up, sounds pretty awesome!
Fearless For The King
Fearless For The King
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Tue 27 Feb 2018 - 13:52

Another set of samples can be heard on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Subversive-Kind-Deliverance/dp/B07957S3WX/

I think some of the samples here are taken from a better spot than in CD Baby's site.
For example while on the CD Baby samples the fast riff in Center of It All was immediately heard, the way it happens on the Amazon sample in the last half of the 30 sec clip is wayyyy more effective.

I'm definitely going to buy this at some point. I think I'm going to wait until the physical CD is available in Europe somewhere so that I can avoid too high shipping costs (it's $12,99 + $14 for shipping - ouch... hurts my wallet a bit too much).
Or then I just cave in and just buy the mp3 files. Nevertheless I want to buy this album in one way or another!

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Thu 8 Mar 2018 - 12:18

Jimmy did an interview with As the Story Grows about the record. Heads up on a couple of curse words in it.

http://www.asthestorygrows.com/7858daa6
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Thu 8 Mar 2018 - 15:38

deathisgain wrote:Jimmy did an interview with As the Story Grows about the record. Heads up on a couple of curse words in it.

http://www.asthestorygrows.com/7858daa6

Oh wow those samples sound GREAT! I was pretty excited of the samples on CD Baby and Amazon but these heard in this interview are even better!
I think I'll have to buy it digitally before eventually looking for a physical copy.

Like... wow, check out 17:50 forwards... That is some FURIOUS stuff right there!

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Fri 9 Mar 2018 - 9:58

I finally bought the digital album.
I've now listened the first three track and I'm LOVING IT!

Too bad one of my metal pet peeves happens in the first track:
There's an amazing riff but it's played for like 10 seconds and then it's gone and never head again!
The opening of the fast part in the middle of the first track is one of my favorite things I've heard in a Deliverance record - heck, even in ANY metal record! They play one round of it, then another with vocals on top of it and then the riff changes and isn't as great as what it just was. I would've LOVED to hear that riff as the main riff of some song with those faaaaast drums.

Megadeth is one of the worst offenders of this pet peeve of mine. There are many Megadeth songs where some cool as heck riff appears for just a moment and it's never used again. Sure, it's kind of a hook that makes me want to listen to the song again, but I often end up looping the cool part, like, forever and that gets a bit tiring at some point Very Happy

Anyway, this album sounds so great! It's pretty much what I hoped it would be.

Bring 'Em Down is really great (and that one small part is SOOOOOO good!)
Center of It All is another gem!

Epilogue is just about to end - and I think it has been the first I'm not that much into (maybe because I'm pumped for fast thrash right now and it was a slow one Very Happy )

Listen Closely started now and sounds really good too!
EDIT: oh dear... Listen Closely is fantastic! This scratches all my fast thrash itches! And the slower parts sound menacing here too!

EDIT2:
Yeah, I love this album! I love how Victor's bass is audible - and it's clearly heard he hasn't lost his any of his bass touch from his days in Tourniquet. Hes especially fantastic in the title track.
And really, I haven't heard this kind of LOVE in thrash drums in ages. Chaffin is a force of nature here! I absolutely love his use of cymbals and there is this special natural feeling in the way he beats the life out of the drums. Somehow I get a "Joey Daub in Believer's Extraction from Mortality" feeling from his drumming. Maybe part of it because the drums really don't sound triggered at all. It really sounds there is a human hitting every single hit on the drums.

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Mar 2018 - 15:32

Thanks for sharing this interview. I really enjoy how honest Jimmy is in its interviews. Just as what I got fron the lyrics, they are all about politics and society, plus two unclear lyrics. Sadly, Deliverance doesn't fit as a christian band anymore.

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Tue 13 Mar 2018 - 8:08

Thiago-Brazil wrote: Sadly, Deliverance doesn't fit as a christian band anymore.
Really???? Wow, this is very disappointing.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by FreeRangeBeliever Wed 14 Mar 2018 - 6:59

Bill Roxx wrote:Yeah if you don’t like straight up thrash like Slayer Testament etc, it won’t be up your alley.

Not true....
I do love straight up thrash...

Sadly after finally getting the new D album this week I was quite disappointed with the whole album.
The songs don't have any memorable riffs imo, and after 2 full listens I felt almost as bad as I did
when Tourniquet released their last album in 2012. 

Sure, the album is well produced...Jimmy sounds fantastic and Jim Chaffin's drums sound great too, but the album just wasn't clicking
with me....

No one can say that it's my taste in straight forward thrash...i regularly listen to new and old thrash....

I have nothing against Jimmy, but this didn't grab me.... I more look foward to his Eraserhead album. But will listen to samples first.
Will be selling this one,sadly
FreeRangeBeliever
FreeRangeBeliever
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Wed 14 Mar 2018 - 8:21

FreeRangeBeliever wrote:
Bill Roxx wrote:Yeah if you don’t like straight up thrash like Slayer Testament etc, it won’t be up your alley.

The songs don't have any memorable riffs imo

Really?
I thought the main riff in Center of It All is among the best in any Deliverance record ever.
In fact that song made its way into one of my all time favorite Deliverance tracks, right there with Prophet of Idiocy and Flesh & Blood.
I also love the riff at 0:30 in Bring 'Em Down and the riff starting at 1:29 in the same song.
Also the riff at 1:50 in Listen Closely is one of my favorite Deliverance riffs ever.

The rest of the riffs mostly range from ok to great.
The only song in this album I don't care for is Epilogue.

I guess those riffs I mentioned I love are quite simple so that could be an issue to some, but I think that even if they are simple they have this certain nice edge and energy to them that I like. The only riff in the album that I kinda see as really run-of-the-mill basic boring riff that I could see every boring new-retro thrash band playing is the riff in Bring 'Em Down that starts at 1:44. Chaffin's drumming saves that part though. And it's nice the song has a couple of other riffs that I really love.

I personally love this album. It ended up being everything I have been hoping for whenever a new Deliverance record was released. I hoped this from As Above, So Below. I hoped this from Hear What I Say. I didn't get it from them, but I finally got it from this. As far as I'm concerned I think if this will be their last album ever the band truly ends on a high note. I couldn't say that from their last two albums.

Oh well, to each their own, I guess Very Happy

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed 14 Mar 2018 - 9:36

I'm kind of with FreeRange, it's just not that memorable which is disappointing. There's a lack of a melody line holding the parts together imo. It's not terrible but kind of meh.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by FreeRangeBeliever Wed 14 Mar 2018 - 10:32

Airola - there were a few small parts in songs where the riffs sounded good, but then they stopped.

The songs just didn't have that massive powerful hook that Jimmy used to do with such speed classics as 'Prophet of Idiocy' and 'Blood of the Covenant'. 
Having said that I loved quite a few songs on ''As Above So Below" and 3 or 4 on ''Hear what i say" - if 3 or 4 songs were dropped from 'As above' - towards the end and replaced by the songs The Annals of Subterfuge, Angst and Where Eagles Dare' then 'As Above' would be excellent.

I will have one more listen to 'Subversive Kind' but then will probably sell it.
FreeRangeBeliever
FreeRangeBeliever
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next