Mystery Song Title/Band

Go down

Mystery Song Title/Band

Post by AKA Greg on Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:20 pm

I have been listening to Christian Metal and Rock since the 80's &90's. I have several great bands...ie, Bride, Fear Not, Mad at the World, etc. I have a specific song in mind, but cannot find the old cassette I used to have. I cannot remember the name of the band...YES, I am old now. The song is The Mark or Don't Take the Mark or 666, something to that affect. I bought the tape in the early 90's. Can someone help me find the christian metal band that sings the song? Not Iron Maiden's song, it is a different song, by a different band. Thanks! Smile

AKA Greg
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Re: Mystery Song Title/Band

Post by Kerrick on Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:50 pm

Welcome Greg!

Saint has a song called The Mark but I think it came out later than that...  Otherwise, I'm not sure.  I'm sure someone here will be able to help you out though!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian on Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:18 pm

If its not the Saint song, I thought of Daniel Band's Run From The Darkness and then realized their is no song called any of those, but the cover has a crossed out 666 on the cover, maybe the lyrics of one of those songs is what your thinking of, I havent listened to Daniel Band really so I am not sure
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd on Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:32 pm

what genre of metal is it?
crucifyd
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://www.crucifyd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegarveyfan on Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:53 am

You're thinking of Sacrificial Death out of Arizona.  Their demo tape was entitled "Don't Take the M666".

stevegarveyfan
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by AKA Greg on Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:30 am

Thanks for all of the replies. It may have been a mix tape I had in the early 90's. That is why I don't know the Band name. I don't think it is Sacrificial Death. I believe the genre was thrash metal. I wish I could remember the lyrics and/or other songs on the tape. Unfortunately, I have lost the tape. I thought a forum like this would be a good place to search and ask other. Someone told me it was Apostle (Six Hundred Sixty Six), since it was release in 1994. But this is not the same song. The singers voice is deeper; more throat. Thanks so much for your help!

~G

AKA Greg
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Mysterious Gamer Dude on Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:21 pm

AKA Greg wrote:I have been listening to Christian Metal and Rock since the 80's &90's. I have several great bands...ie, Bride, Fear Not, Mad at the World, etc. I have a specific song in mind, but cannot find the old cassette I used to have. I cannot remember the name of the band...YES, I am old now. The song is The Mark or Don't Take the Mark or 666, something to that affect. I bought the tape in the early 90's. Can someone help me find the christian metal band that sings the song? Not Iron Maiden's song, it is a different song, by a different band. Thanks! Smile

I'm sorry we couldn't help you figure it out. But I see that you are a new member so WELCOME!! I hope that you will stick around with us, as this place has some pretty great guys and gals to hang around! Heck I didn't even know that this place existed until around this same time last year. It's a great place from what I've experienced so far, and I hope that you have a GREAT stay!
Mysterious Gamer Dude
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by AKA Greg on Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:54 am

Thanks! I look forward to checking out the site and meeting new people. Also discovering new tunes & discussing old ones. I am not giving up finding this band. I will continue my search. Blessings!

~G

AKA Greg
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice on Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:05 pm

Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by AKA Greg on Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:36 pm

[quote="Superjuice"]
No, definitely NOT. I grew up in the 80's, not withstanding, this is a classic bad 80's video. And not a very good song at that. And not the metal song I seek. Thanks for the laugh.

AKA Greg
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum