The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mystery Song Title/Band

+4
crucifyd
Hardcore Christian
Kerrick
AKA Greg
8 posters

Go down

Mystery Song Title/Band Empty Mystery Song Title/Band

Post by AKA Greg Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:20 pm

I have been listening to Christian Metal and Rock since the 80's &90's. I have several great bands...ie, Bride, Fear Not, Mad at the World, etc. I have a specific song in mind, but cannot find the old cassette I used to have. I cannot remember the name of the band...YES, I am old now. The song is The Mark or Don't Take the Mark or 666, something to that affect. I bought the tape in the early 90's. Can someone help me find the christian metal band that sings the song? Not Iron Maiden's song, it is a different song, by a different band. Thanks! Smile

AKA Greg
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Mystery Song Title/Band Empty Re: Mystery Song Title/Band

Post by Kerrick Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:50 pm

Welcome Greg!

Saint has a song called The Mark but I think it came out later than that...  Otherwise, I'm not sure.  I'm sure someone here will be able to help you out though!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:18 pm

If its not the Saint song, I thought of Daniel Band's Run From The Darkness and then realized their is no song called any of those, but the cover has a crossed out 666 on the cover, maybe the lyrics of one of those songs is what your thinking of, I havent listened to Daniel Band really so I am not sure
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:32 pm

what genre of metal is it?
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegarveyfan Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:53 am

You're thinking of Sacrificial Death out of Arizona.  Their demo tape was entitled "Don't Take the M666".

Mystery Song Title/Band Album_10
stevegarveyfan
stevegarveyfan
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by AKA Greg Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:30 am

Thanks for all of the replies. It may have been a mix tape I had in the early 90's. That is why I don't know the Band name. I don't think it is Sacrificial Death. I believe the genre was thrash metal. I wish I could remember the lyrics and/or other songs on the tape. Unfortunately, I have lost the tape. I thought a forum like this would be a good place to search and ask other. Someone told me it was Apostle (Six Hundred Sixty Six), since it was release in 1994. But this is not the same song. The singers voice is deeper; more throat. Thanks so much for your help!

~G

AKA Greg
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocturnal Servant Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:21 pm

AKA Greg wrote:I have been listening to Christian Metal and Rock since the 80's &90's. I have several great bands...ie, Bride, Fear Not, Mad at the World, etc. I have a specific song in mind, but cannot find the old cassette I used to have. I cannot remember the name of the band...YES, I am old now. The song is The Mark or Don't Take the Mark or 666, something to that affect. I bought the tape in the early 90's. Can someone help me find the christian metal band that sings the song? Not Iron Maiden's song, it is a different song, by a different band. Thanks! Smile

I'm sorry we couldn't help you figure it out. But I see that you are a new member so WELCOME!! I hope that you will stick around with us, as this place has some pretty great guys and gals to hang around! Heck I didn't even know that this place existed until around this same time last year. It's a great place from what I've experienced so far, and I hope that you have a GREAT stay!
Nocturnal Servant
Nocturnal Servant
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by AKA Greg Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:54 am

Thanks! I look forward to checking out the site and meeting new people. Also discovering new tunes & discussing old ones. I am not giving up finding this band. I will continue my search. Blessings!

~G

AKA Greg
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:05 pm

Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by AKA Greg Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:36 pm

[quote="Superjuice"]
No, definitely NOT. I grew up in the 80's, not withstanding, this is a classic bad 80's video. And not a very good song at that. And not the metal song I seek. Thanks for the laugh.

AKA Greg
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by AKA Greg Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:52 pm

I finally found the song I asked about on this forum back in December of last year. The song is The Mark by Godsent Humans. I guess they are more Punk Metal, but just the same, I found the song. I came across a rare 1992 CD on eBay. THAT’S IT!  Then, I opened a search on YouTube using Liberty Or Death Godsent Humans. There is was. Thanks all for your help. 

AKA GREG

AKA Greg
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Wigeon Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:06 pm

I never would have been able to help you figure this out, although I had that same CD back in the day. I was in college in 1992, and I used to go to a Christian Bookstore in Austin occasionally and buy CDs based on HM mag reviews, or sometimes would just buy a cassette or CD based solely on it's cover. That's how I discovered Bride and Lightforce a couple of years before, so I figured the Godsent Humans CD was a good bet based on what I remember to be skeletons or skulls or something on the cover. Boy was I mistaken. From what I remember it was pretty cheesy biker rock when I was expecting some really heavy metal or thrash. I ended up trying to like it for a few months then giving it to a friend. Not sure that I have every heard nor spoke of them until now, lol! Maybe I should give it another listen as my tastes have changed some since then.
Wigeon
Wigeon
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by AKA Greg Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:15 pm

I know, they were pretty bad. They could play, but no one could sing. Maybe if they had a lead singer like Bride or MATW, they would have been better. I am not sure why that song stuck in my head or why I had to find it again???  I had a this cassette back in the early 90’s. I was a new Believer and was discovering Christian Rock. Funny!

AKA Greg
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by AKA Greg Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:26 pm

G

AKA Greg
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Mystery Song Title/Band Empty I found the band

Post by AKA Greg Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:47 pm

Kerrick wrote:Welcome Greg!

Saint has a song called The Mark but I think it came out later than that...  Otherwise, I'm not sure.  I'm sure someone here will be able to help you out though!
Hey Kerrick. I thought you might want to know, I found the band online a few days ago. I gave up for awhile, then searched again when the song popped in my head again. The Mark by Godsent Humans. Once I found it, I went to YouTube and listened... Turns out they aren’t as good as I once thought they were.  No Laughing Ha! Thanks again to everyone who tried to help. Blessings!

~G

AKA Greg
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:09 pm

Cool!  Haha funny how nostalgia can affect one's memory.  I'm glad you solved the mystery though!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum