The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything seems to be falling apart

+5
Metal Blaze
nerf_herder4444
bassdude
Crucify The Flesh
Sickthing
9 posters

Go down

Everything seems to be falling apart  Empty Everything seems to be falling apart

Post by Sickthing Thu May 03, 2012 12:00 am

Well where do I start? I really don't know. I feel like that everything is falling around around me. My relationship with my parents(My mother in particular), my church, with God all seem to be collapsing around me. My mom thinks I'm a satanist because I reject the idea that a whole genre is evil. My mom accused me of letting satan into our house and whatnot. Also, word is starting to get around in my church that I like metal and when that does I'll be dealing with people pulling me up the the alter to cast demons out of me and people trying to talk sense into me. I'm sure no I know the whole thing would be extremely shameful for my parents because I know that everyone will think that they are not right with God for "Letting such diabolical sin" into our house. All this and I find myself falling into something I thought was long gone. I'm not going to go into great detail what it is but its pretty...'sensual' and to make it worse I feel like that I've reached a point where God has turned his back on me.

I've also got other things going on such as a sister with a terminal lung disease and taking care of my senile grandmother. I don't think I've ever felt so alone in my life as I do now. I feel so cold and spiritually abandoned.

Well that's it. I'm pretty sure I failed badly at explaining my situation. Also, I'm not trying to demonize my family and Church. I love them with all my heart and they are good people.
Sickthing
Sickthing
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Everything seems to be falling apart  Empty Re: Everything seems to be falling apart

Post by Guest Thu May 03, 2012 7:36 am

Praying.

Back to top Go down

Everything seems to be falling apart  Empty Re: Everything seems to be falling apart

Post by Guest Thu May 03, 2012 8:40 am

praying, too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crucify The Flesh Mon May 07, 2012 5:50 pm

Run To God matey, I'm praying
Crucify The Flesh
Crucify The Flesh
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Those-Who-Endure/56141066782

Back to top Go down

Post by bassdude Mon May 07, 2012 7:58 pm

Praying
bassdude
bassdude
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by nerf_herder4444 Tue May 08, 2012 9:31 pm

You're in my prayers man. Ive recently been through a "my mom thinks im a satanist" problem when she found out i had some secular metal cds that she didnt know about, and because of that, some church people listened to her and assumed the same evils about me. It really sucks feeling rejected by people who you are close to.
nerf_herder4444
nerf_herder4444
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Crucify The Flesh Tue May 08, 2012 10:02 pm

Gah, facepalm
Although, I have to say that IMO there is no need to go to non-christian bands any longer, there is so much quality around now from artists that are Honouring God
Crucify The Flesh
Crucify The Flesh
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Crucify The Flesh Mon May 21, 2012 5:33 am

I am still praying sickthing
Fix your eyes on Jesus bro
dont run from Him even when you feel or think God has turned away, that is a lie from the enemy, flee evil, cling to what is good
resist the devil, with Christ, and he MUST flee from you!!!
Crucify The Flesh
Crucify The Flesh
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sickthing Thu May 24, 2012 8:01 am

Thanks everyone for the prayers. I think I should give an update of the current state of affairs or whatever. Things seem to be about the same, really. My mom still thinks I'm slipping away from God and whatnot so yeah.
Sickthing
Sickthing
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Crucify The Flesh Thu May 24, 2012 10:56 am

If nothing else, press into God to prove others wrong

God does not hate you, draw near to Him and He will draw near to you.

Spend time in scripture and prayer
God is your judge, but firstly He is your Father and is watching over you!!!
Crucify The Flesh
Crucify The Flesh
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Metal Blaze Fri May 25, 2012 2:19 am

I understand what you're going through brother.
Metal Blaze
Metal Blaze
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sickthing Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:33 pm

Just a quick update. I run the risk of being kicked out of my youth group now. If that happens...well I dunno what I'll do. I'm so confused right now.
Sickthing
Sickthing
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf the White Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:30 am

How can you be kicked out of a youth group? I don't understand that...

As far as music, you like what you like. Hymns were written to bar tunes...

As far as the sin you've fallen back to, it doesn't sound like God turned His back on you, it sounds like people you thought were your support system have.

I'll be praying.
Gandalf the White
Gandalf the White
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sickthing Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:11 pm

Apparently I could corrupt the rest of the youth with my wicked metal listening ways.
Sickthing
Sickthing
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:46 pm

I'll be praying as well.

Sadly, I know how it feels to have someone you trust turn away from you over something as small as the music you like.

I understand how you feel. If you want to talk, PM me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter who was Vaak Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:22 am

Some people will never understand. I went through a very similar situation with my mom. She complains about everything under the sun, but she complained about this the most. So, I read her the lyrics to "A Sovereign Fortress" by Antestor. She started screaming "I don't understand this!" She couldn't be reasoned with.

Anyways, you can always try to have an honest conversation with your mom(I assume she'd be easier to reason with than mine. There's really something wrong with her). Ask where in the Bible forms of music are restricted, even if it lifts God up. Try to show the lyrics of the Christian music you listen to. Of course, there's no answer to that. If you listen to Theocracy, they'd be great to show. You'd be hard pressed to find anything, CCM included, as good lyrically as them.

As for getting kicked out of youth group? I know that too, but that was for something completely different. I hit this kid in the face a few times for calling me quite vulgar names after the leaders refused to even ask him to stop. It was at AWANAs.
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sickthing Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:57 pm

Well another update. 1. My sister passed away on Saturday and 2. My dad pretty much told me that I was going to 'burn in a Devil's hell' for listening to metal. Secular and Christian. So yeah :/
Sickthing
Sickthing
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:58 pm

I'm so sorry. I'm still praying.

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:22 pm

Sickthing wrote:Well another update. 1. My sister passed away on Saturday and 2. My dad pretty much told me that I was going to 'burn in a Devil's hell' for listening to metal. Secular and Christian. So yeah :/

I'm very sorry and my prayers are with you and your family.

....actually, getiing " kicked out " of that youth group or church would be a very healthy thing for you.

If your able to find and go to another Church on your own.....do so. Please. Your parents will always be your parents. Respect them even when you don't agree with them.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sickthing Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:20 pm

I got into another bad fight with my parents. One of the worst ones yet to be honest. You know, it isn't the fact they don't like my music is that they tell me I'm demon possessed and I'm going to burn in hell for listening to it. Its really painful...
Sickthing
Sickthing
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:47 pm

...I pray that God will open a door to end the mental abuse..I pray that God will put some healthy, well balanced Christians in your life. I pray that the Holy Spirit will reveal the errors of your church to your parents.

....ask them how a professed believer in the Lord Jesus Christ could be possessed ? You are now a part of Gods Kingdom and no longer a part of satans. You are filled with the Holy Spirit and where the Spirit dwells there will be no " demon. "
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sickthing Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:57 pm

Well things seem to be be getting better. I've been been getting lectures and whatnot or been hearing any comments. That or I've just got to the point where I really don't care what other people think.
Sickthing
Sickthing
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Puritan Hessian Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:30 am

"Thou shall not bear false witness against thy neighbor"...
Blessed are they who are falsely accused for Christ's sake.

It is grieving to hear about this kind of thing still going on; most mainline churches I thought had opened up to the sub-cultures. Legalists and conspiracy-theorists abound.

I would just hide the metal, for the sake of peace in the household, and if possible, join a non-legalist church full of rockin' Christians who will understand, such as Mars Hill http://www.acts29network.org/churches/ or Scum of the Earth http://www.scumoftheearth.net/SOTEC/Staff.html ...

...Some demon-caster-outer type people can be overboard.

I pray that you find non-judgmental believer(s) friendship that will be a blessing, for iron sharpens iron and where two or three are gathered to pray in Christ's name, there He is in the midst of them, healing.

God is the only one that does not turn His back. Humankind's nature is fallen in sin, and with false conversions i.e. "religion", un-regenerate professors of faith are mixed in with the true born-again representatives of Christ the Merciful.

May the Lord forgive them, for they know not what they do. Condemnation is not the Spirit of Christ. God alone is judge and knows the heart. And the heart is what He'll look at on the Day of Judgment; woe to those who said "Lord, Lord" but whom He never knew for their works of lawlessness. Love (Agape) is the whole of the Law!

Crucify the Flesh, amen to that.
Puritan Hessian
Puritan Hessian
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

http://faithandheritage.com/2011/05/folk-metal/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down