The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRIDE Accepting Funds To Finance New Album

+8
strype53
eatbugs
cailen
Hardcore Christian
Opeth3232
alldatndensum
metaldude
deathisgain
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

BRIDE Accepting Funds To Finance New Album Empty BRIDE Accepting Funds To Finance New Album

Post by deathisgain Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:21 am

I came across this news bit on Angelic Warlord. This one must have slipped by.
As noted by vocalist Dale Thompson (Facebook - October 27, 2017):

“Ever heard of putting your money where your mouth is? Well now is the time. Troy (Thompson - guitars) and I are now accepting funds to finance the new BRIDE CD. He will have a link up soon at www.bridepub.com where you can send your contribution. We are looking for 30 - $100 contributors, but we will accept higher and lower funds as well. If you are ready and anxious to send us finances so we can get this CD up off the ground use our PayPal account: briderocks@gmail.com
“Thank you ahead of time. Let's make this a successful campaign. God Bless”.

Dale offers further detail (Facebook - October 28, 2017):
“I want to thank all of you that have committed to the BRIDE raise funds for one more album. But there are still a few of you who gave the verbal commitment but we have not seen it. Troy and I have done BRIDE for close to 30 years just for you. We are buying new gear and working apart for the very first time this is challenging but very doable. I am so stoked at the songs Troy has given to me to work on. We are truly aiming for this to be the most incredible BRIDE experience for everyone involved.
“As BRIDE reforms for the finale of all finale's we have to rebuild, restructure everything. Buying certain gear, getting our head wrapped around the new songs, feeling out the market and getting to the heart of what we should do and what people need to hear. Thank you for your prayers, financial support and your patience as Troy and I begin writing. I will keep you updated. Don't worry, it will be fantastic!”

BRIDE is even considering signing with a label (Facebook - October 28, 2017):
“BRIDE has been offered a few record contracts this week to return to the arena in which we love. Pray that we are led by the Spirit to the one that we ought to sign with. This is not a game; this is real life; this is life or death for some. We all have our part to play in God's Kingdom and I take nothing for granted. Thank you for your intersession.”

Lyrics have been completed for the new album as well (Facebook - October 2, 2017):
“I have finished all of the lyrics for the new BRIDE CD and Troy has sent me over 20 major riffs. Now we will put this all together and create a monster heavy groove CD with the riffs you want and the brutal vocals you expect. Going to be awesome.”
BRIDE online: www.bridepub.com & www.facebook.com/dalethompsonthewriter

Last edited by deathisgain on Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

BRIDE Accepting Funds To Finance New Album Empty Re: BRIDE Accepting Funds To Finance New Album

Post by metaldude Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:10 pm

I absolutely love me some Bride. They're one of my all time favorite bands. That said, considering their last effort, I think I want samples before I commit financially to it.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

BRIDE Accepting Funds To Finance New Album Empty Re: BRIDE Accepting Funds To Finance New Album

Post by alldatndensum Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:19 pm

Either Dale has blocked me or the Facebook page referenced isn't there.  I was gonna message him and see if they were going to do a Kickstarter page.  I'd get on board with that if they were.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:59 pm

alldatndensum wrote:Either Dale has blocked me or the Facebook page referenced isn't there.  I was gonna message him and see if they were going to do a Kickstarter page.  I'd get on board with that if they were.

It's there, so you must have been a very naughty little boy. Razz
deathisgain
deathisgain

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:29 am

We had a disagreement a couple of years ago but had buried the hatchet after he started with The World Will Burn.  Since then, i have not had much interaction with him, so I was actually quite surprised to find that he's blocked me.

Oh, well.  I can be a fan without having to be friends.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:22 pm

I have four opened campaigns. I doubt I will get into another one right now.

And we will never know what to expect from a bride album. It can be anything.
I just hope they release something similar to This is it or Skin for Skin (I mean, early Bride is obviously off the table).
Also, bride albums seems endless. I hope they do 9 or 10 songs, no more than this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Opeth3232 Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:06 am

alldatndensum wrote:We had a disagreement a couple of years ago but had buried the hatchet after he started with The World Will Burn.  Since then, i have not had much interaction with him, so I was actually quite surprised to find that he's blocked me.

Oh, well.  I can be a fan without having to be friends.
That's sad. Dale has a great voice but that shows a bit of insecurity on his part. Maybe he should reflect hm
Opeth3232
Opeth3232
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:41 am

Well, at least I saw somewhere that Dale promised they won't be experimenting new styles, they will go for a 90's bride style.

Still, I will wait and see.

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:35 am

A "90's Bride style" could mean almost anything as they were more on the GnR side in the early part and very alternative in the latter parts.  This could be all over the place realistically.  I certainly hope not, though.  They were at their prime with Snakes In The Playground and Scarecrow Messiah.  I know that a lot of you think the first three albums were great, but the songwriting wasn't as good then.  They matured when they went with StarSong and that was when the magic happened.  They got real close to that on This is it and absolutely nailed in on Skin For Skin.  If they go this route, we will be in for a treat.  If they add in the latter 90's sounds, I feel like fans will be disappointed.  Hopefully, we will never see another Oddities which is my least favorite of theirs.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:28 am

alldatndensum wrote:Hopefully, we will never see another Oddities which is my least favorite of theirs.
Oddities is your least fave?

When Fist Full of Bees exists Razz
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by cailen Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:41 am

My most favorite album is "Live to die".

The songwriting on that album was over the top! Not because of the rhythm section or the structure of the songs but because of the diversity, energy, feeling for huge and epic melodies. The Lead guitar work on for example "Metal Might" or "Heroes" is phenomenal. The first three have the metal feeling, the follow up albums are more blues and groove inspired.

It is NEARLY like comparing Wagner, Beethoven or Mozart to B.B.King or Gary Moore.

It depends on the style you prefer. 
But to my ears the early works are unrivaled in the bride discography.

But yes they matured a lot in mixing and production on the later albums.
The sound on Snakes for example is superior.
cailen
cailen
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:38 am

I agree almost word-for-word with alldat except my opinion of Oddities isn't as low as his.  And yes, I think I still prefer Fist Full of Bees to Oddities.

Snakes II would be great if they can pull it off.  I don't know that he has it vocally though.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:27 pm

The opinions about bride change a lot here.
I like oddities, and simply can't hear scarecrow messiah. It's their worst album, even though I have never heard Drop or Fist full of bees. I imagine that these two couçd be the worse in Bride's entire catalog.

I kind of agree in regards to the lyrics of their three first albums. But the lead guitars and vocal work are far superior to the rest of bride's career.

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:29 pm

Hardcore Christian wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:Hopefully, we will never see another Oddities which is my least favorite of theirs.
Oddities is your least fave?

When Fist Full of Bees exists Razz

Despite the rap delivery of a lot of the vocals, Fist Full Of Bees was a strong album.  Musically, it IS Snakes Part 2.  The vocal delivery did hold it back.  It is still worlds better than Oddities.  Pick the worst songs off Drop or The Jesus Experience and they still are better than Oddities.  I used to like that album but my likes have changed.  I never play that one anymore.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by strype53 Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:58 pm

I think it depends on my mood which era of Bride I am into the most.  Lately I have been listening to the first 3 albums a whole lot!  I had forgotten how good they were!  I am excited about new music from Bride.  Just wished Dale lived over here so we might get a chance to see them live again!
strype53
strype53
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Fundy Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:57 am

Whilst Oddities isn't my favourite musically, I think the lyrics are great and I listen to it way more than some of their albums.  Really don't like The Jesus Experience, but most of their albums are solid from start to finish.
Fundy
Fundy
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessrox Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:17 pm

I'm Friends with Dale, and I recently spoke with him personally through FB. The whole basis for this new effort is to give the fans what they want. This is going to be Snakes in the playground 2...in the style of snakes in the play ground. This will be a killer album because we all know what to expect.... snakes era style style of arrangements and writing with a modern production with world class musicians. Should be great. I'm backing this and can't wait.
Jessrox
Jessrox
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:09 pm

I'll back it, but only after my next payday.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by HeavyLighter Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:38 pm

I kinda lost Bride after Scarecrow Messiah, and don´t know how to think about this. I have listened some parts of all albums after SM, but found them all quite uninspiring.

It has nothing to do with the lyrical agenda, but mainly about the music.
Lately I´ve been in a strong mood of 90´s melodic metal and hard rock, but I´m not backing this up, and staying in waiting mood.

HeavyLighter
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:26 am

I know a little bit of the drummer's work on his previous band. He is a very good player, though he is more used to play a modern kind of metal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessrox Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:17 pm

Again ......Dale has said this is going to be the Snakes in the playground 2...going for that same groove and vibe. This IS going to be a throwback to their most popular album and style. The bass player and drummer are ''phenomenal'' Brazilian musicians, right along with Troy laying down the classic groove metal style riffs from Snakes era Bride. This is why there is lot of new backers and interest in this new effort. I have not been real hyped about a Bride album in years. But with the current line up and them going with the classic snakes in the Playground style, with world class musicians and modern production...I'm REALLY looking forward to this one.
Jessrox
Jessrox
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessrox Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:19 pm

Thiago-Brazil wrote:I know a little bit of the drummer's work on his previous band. He is a very good player, though he is more used to play a modern kind of metal.

Right on...This drummer is smoking! World class!
Jessrox
Jessrox
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:20 pm

Has it been mentioned who the musicians are? I don't remember seeing anything. You guys mention Brazilians, is it the guys behind Dale's other project?
deathisgain
deathisgain

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:46 pm

deathisgain wrote:Has it been mentioned who the musicians are? I don't remember seeing anything. You guys mention Brazilians, is it the guys behind Dale's other project?

Yes!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessrox Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:17 am

The name of the new Bride album is called ''Snake Eyes'' Stryper, Deliverance and a bunch of other classic bands have recently decided to play in the style that made them popular and give the fans what they want, and are seeing new success because of it. now Bride are doing it. This should be great. Going back to their fan favorite Style of Snakes in the Playground. They have received a lot of support......but have not met their goal. If you want top get in on this ''must have'' New Bride effort go to.......  http://www.bridepub.com/
Jessrox
Jessrox
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next