The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

25 Years Ago Today Alice In Chains Released "Dirt."

+2
11razorwire
PlaceOfASkull
6 posters

Go down

25 Years Ago Today Alice In Chains Released "Dirt." Empty 25 Years Ago Today Alice In Chains Released "Dirt."

Post by PlaceOfASkull Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:12 pm

Good album. I listened to it yesterday for the first time in a long time.
Still sounds good to me. It seems to be a dark album lyrically and vibe wise.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirt_(Alice_in_Chains_album)
Dirt is the second studio album by the American rock band Alice in Chains, released on September 29, 1992, through Columbia Records. Peaking at number six on the Billboard 200, the album was also well received by music critics. It has since been certified four-times platinum by the RIAA and gone on to sell five million copies worldwide, making Dirt the band's highest selling album to date. It is the band's last album recorded with all four original members, as bassist Mike Starr was terminated from the band in January 1993.[4][5]
The album spawned five singles: "Would?", "Them Bones", "Angry Chair", "Rooster", and "Down in a Hole"; all with accompanying music videos. The songs on the album focused on depression, pain, anger, anti-social behavior, drug addiction (primarily heroin), war, death, and other emotionally charged topics. Rolling Stone listed the album at No. 26 on its list of the 100 Greatest Metal Albums of All Time.[6]

PlaceOfASkull
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

25 Years Ago Today Alice In Chains Released "Dirt." Empty Re: 25 Years Ago Today Alice In Chains Released "Dirt."

Post by 11razorwire Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:33 pm

I absolutely love this album. Criminal that it only peaked at #6 (especially considering Billy Ray Cyrus was one of the 5 ahead of AiC).
11razorwire
11razorwire
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

25 Years Ago Today Alice In Chains Released "Dirt." Empty Re: 25 Years Ago Today Alice In Chains Released "Dirt."

Post by crucifyd Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:57 am

epic
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:35 pm

Still listen to this.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:40 pm

The best album in their catalog, certainly my favorite.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:37 am

Definitely my favorite as well.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down