The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone still make mixtapes/mix cds?

+4
Hardcore Christian
Staybrite
Friday13th
WildWorld
8 posters

Go down

Does anyone still make mixtapes/mix cds? Empty Does anyone still make mixtapes/mix cds?

Post by WildWorld Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:57 pm

Does anyone here still make mixtapes (or, more likely) mix cds featuring a mix of your favorite songs? I used to make some "summer" mixtapes back in the day (mainly, songs that had a "summertime" feel to them), as well as occasionally making tapes by taping songs off the radio, but I cant say I've done that now, especially since most of the time if I want a mix of music I just put my ipod on shuffle. Anyone still make mixtapes or mix cds?

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Does anyone still make mixtapes/mix cds? Empty Re: Does anyone still make mixtapes/mix cds?

Post by Friday13th Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:41 pm

Yeah, I especially do for the mp3s i've bought online. I like to do eras/genre mixtapes. I recently did one of 40's songs haha
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Does anyone still make mixtapes/mix cds? Empty Re: Does anyone still make mixtapes/mix cds?

Post by Staybrite Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:55 am

Friday13th wrote:Yeah, I especially do for the mp3s i've bought online. I like to do eras/genre mixtapes. I recently did one of 40's songs haha

I do the same thing only I usually keep them to 12 to 14 tracks (like a traditional album)
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:14 pm

Yea I make occasional seasonal playlists, throwback playlists, Best Ofs, and new release playlists
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:16 am

I haven't made one in years.  If I do, it tends to be because I have met someone who is interested in Christian metal and they are looking for bands.  I'll make a couple of mix CDs to throw their way to try to turn them on to something else.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:20 am

alldatndensum wrote:I haven't made one in years.  If I do, it tends to be because I have met someone who is interested in Christian metal and they are looking for bands.  I'll make a couple of mix CDs to throw their way to try to turn them on to something else.
I do this as well, usually try and do a healthy mix of a bunch of styles
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by L8T Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:43 pm

We got my 22 year old daughter a Walk-Man-type cassette player for Christmas.....she Loves the old stuff.    Very Happy
L8T
L8T
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:09 pm

Do you think the Guardians of the Galaxy movies have renewed an interest in mix tapes and old media? Weird to see cassettes being sold again.

Back to top Go down

Post by L8T Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:11 pm

^Yes.  My kids watched GOTG 2 (again) just two days ago.   Very Happy
L8T
L8T
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:21 pm

I've been putting together a few lately inspired by Guardians and it's even been old 70's stuff.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Opeth3232 Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:48 am

I just made a bunch of mixed cds of old 80's New Wave OMD and such. I love that old kind of music to travel with
Opeth3232
Opeth3232
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down