The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rant

+3
alldatndensum
Follower of Jesus
crucifyd
7 posters

Go down

rant Empty rant

Post by crucifyd Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:01 pm

a quick rant here...

<rant>why do bands (labels I suppose) put out 20 variations of the same record with different bonus tracks based on country, or just plain so many variations, etc etc, so, to get all the hard copy BTs you would have to buy all the variations... AAAAHHHH!!!</rant>

thank you
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Back to top Go down

rant Empty Re: rant

Post by Follower of Jesus Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:20 pm

Agreed. I just find the bonus track(s) on iTunes or Amazon. If they're not available, I find them elsewhere.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:42 am

Many times, the bonus tracks aren't worth having.  You understand after hearing them why they were left off the main release.  Or, the demo quality is so poor that you can't listen to them.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:17 am

When talking about bonus tracks depending on country, only bonus tracks for Japan really make sense. CDs cost way more there, apparently.
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:01 am

Money money money.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:17 pm

Agree!  Just put out the album as a complete album.  MAYBE put out a "special edition" with enough bonus material to justify it being worth getting AT THE RELEASE DATE.  Not a few years later (I'm talking to you Mortification and Disciple).  I understand the logic of Japanese bonus tracks but at the same time every fan from anywhere else can feel a little miffed that Japanese fans get to hear songs the rest of us can't without paying through the nose for them.

On whether or not they are "worth hearing" it depends.  Demon Hunter's special edition tracks are as good as any standard album track.  Ditto with Alice Cooper's "Best Buy edition" tracks from Welcome 2 My Nightmare.  Demos and bootleg-quality live tracks may or may not be worth hearing depending on how much we like the band.  If I love a band enough I want to hear it all no matter the quality.  I'd rather have them as their own CD for mega-fans, not as a few bonus tracks spread out over several reissues.

If anything this practice hurts the most serious fans who have the original release and can't afford to buy the whole album again just for one or two new songs.  Essentially this means as a fan there are songs or versions of songs I will never get to hear.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:30 pm

This is why, if I bought the original version, I have no problem finding a free download somewhere of a bonus track.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:11 am

Yeah, when it comes to bonus tracks, I only care about unreleased songs anyway. Cant see the appeal in live tracks or demos, and usually I just download the bonus songs off amazon anyway.

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:13 pm

WildWorld wrote:Cant see the appeal in live tracks or demos

It depends on the level of fan-dom.  If I'm a major fan of a band then yes, I do want to hear every version of every song.  If I just "like" a band then no, those are songs I will only listen to once then ignore: not worth the money.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum