Lightforce

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lightforce

Post by ACL7 on Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:57 am

Does anybody know what happened to Murray Adams and Steve Johnson?They both left Lightforce late 89 which lead to Steve Rowe forming Mortification. Did they ever do any other musical projects? Murray Adams in particular was a brilliant guitarist and songwriter. With the talent they had I can't believe they just left Lightforce and never did anything else.

ACL7
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Re: Lightforce

Post by Soundmass.com on Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:54 am

Murray Adams moved to country Victoria. I once saw him fill in on guitar for a band but I'm not aware of anything else musical that he did.

Steve Johnson recorded at least 1 (non-metal) CD in 1996 called "Abandoned To The Blue". We happen to have 1 copy of it in stock: https://www.soundmass.com/product/abandoned-to-the-blue-e-p

Soundmass.com
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by ACL7 on Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:47 am

Thanks for the info. I think Steve Johnson is now an author under the name, "Stephen Scott Johnson". Murray Adams really was a great guitarist. Did you say he moved county to Victoria or country to somewhere else? It's amazing you still have that Steve Johnson EP!

ACL7
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing1134 on Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:31 pm

Got to hang out with Murray Adams at Cornerstone '89....man that was a long time ago!
Pershing1134
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by ACL7 on Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:39 pm

I thought Mystical Thieves was a great album at the time. Remember getting it when I was 12 in 1990. Unfortunately they had split up by then. Steve Rowe was great and used to personally write and send tapes until it all got big with Mortification. I just think Murray is a very underrated guitarist . Far better than Cameron Hall although he actually co wrote Mystical Thieves.

ACL7
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by ACL7 on Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:40 pm

According to Steve Rowe none of them are christians anymore.

ACL7
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice on Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:06 pm

ACL7 wrote:According to Steve Rowe none of them are christians anymore.

WOOOOOOOOOOW.
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Soundmass.com on Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:38 pm

ACL7 wrote: Did you say he moved county to Victoria or country to somewhere else?

He moved from Melbourne (the capital city of Victoria, Australia) to a country town in Victoria called Warrnambool. That was AGES ago, though, so I have no idea where he is now...

Soundmass.com
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by ACL7 on Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:43 pm

Thanks for the info. I guess there will never be a reunion so it probably doesn't matter where they all are. Steve Rowe ruled our a reunion based on the fact they are no longer christians. Seems a shame because as musician's they put out a great album together.

ACL7
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum