Tesla

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tesla

Post by Follower of Jesus on Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:19 pm

I've been a fan of The Great Radio Controversy since back in high school when it came out. But nothing else of theirs really interested me until recent months. I heard Modern Day Cowboy and was hooked. Today I'm listening to Bust A Nut for the first time. This album is incredible! How did I not like this when it came out?!?!

I still like TGRC the best, but man this band can really dish out the rock and roll!
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Re: Tesla

Post by Staybrite on Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:06 pm

I discovered them by their first album "Mechanical Resonance".  I loved every track on that album.  When "The Great Radio Controversy" came out a few years later I found that nearly all of it was fantastic as well.  Kind of lost track of the band after that, but about a decade ago I found a cheap used copy of "Psychotic Supper" and found about half of it enjoyable... pretty much the exact same thing happened with "Bust a Nut" a few years after that.  
I've borrowed copies of some of their more recent albums (both Real to Reel albums and Forever More)...but just couldn't muster enough interest to actually purchase them.
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla on Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:04 pm

Yep, first for me to. We were visiting my brother at Christmas in Michigan and I heard it on the great WRIF. Modern Day Cowboy had me hooked. The first album is the best, not a bad song on it.

Here is a recent tune and it's pretty good but I haven't heard anything else

And I thought this was odd but Jeff did country for a bit and it was very traditional.

MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider on Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:10 pm

Love Tesla. While some albums stand out more then others they have no bad albums.
Black Rider
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by 11razorwire on Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:17 pm

Black Rider wrote:Love Tesla. While some albums stand out more then others they have no bad albums.

Totally agree. I think Forever More is their most underrated album.
11razorwire
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by heck on Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:06 pm

I love this band, own every record. Congrats to the dude that discovered Bust a Nut. I actually liked Into The Now better than Forevermore, and Forevermore more than Simplicity.

And Jeff Keith can sing ANYTHING. Get both Reel to Reels (their cover albums) to find out.

heck
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla on Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:32 pm

Yep, the Reel To Reel albums are awesome one of the best collection of cover songs ever. I love their version of War Pigs and Do You Feel Like We Do but both are excellent albums.
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum