Joshua Perahia and Stryper

Go down

Joshua Perahia and Stryper

Post by Burner on Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:52 am

So where exactly does the (Admittedly quite one-sided) beef between these two stem from? People who keep an eye on Perahia's online presence will notice that he seems to have spent half his life on social media taking snarky pops off at Mike and Oz, which in more recent years has culminated in some pretty savage rants and diatribes. Not to mention some quite unsavoury stuff he's openly said about former bandmates (Rob Rock needs a therapist and Ken Tamplin is a nobody, just to name two  Laughing). 

Is it just a case of sour grapes over Stryper cracking the mainstream while Joshua were resigned to cult status, or is there something more at play?

Burner
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Re: Joshua Perahia and Stryper

Post by Kerrick on Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:55 am

Welcome to the CMR, Burner!

If you do some searching around on here, you'll find one or two threads about this topic that may shed some light on the subject.  That being said, I'd encourage folks to leave the drama to the drama-queens and let Joshua, Mike, Oz, and company sort it out on their own.  No good comes of helping their gossip/drama along.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua on Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:40 pm

You people call yourselves Christians, when in reality, you are gossiping liars. Like old women, you took up the gauntlet to try & bludgeon my good name. Mike Sweet began the media war with me. He came to my Facebook site & attacked my opinions that were anti-abortion. I fired back at him, only to see a fire grow out of this. Incase you Stryper fans don't know, he has quit a temper if anyone attacks him. He sends his entire fan club after you, to smack you down. That only emboldened me, as I come from a family of warriors. Since when did so called "Christians" get involved in spreading such rumors and attacking another believer. You people have no life. Your conclusions are ridiculous about this matter. Your insults over my use of social media are ignorant. Why don't you all start to act like Christians & shut your mouths instead of gossip. I have enjoyed a successful music career as a Christian artist who has only been signed to "Secular Major Labels", like RCA Records, Virgin Records, & Polydor Records because of the class of songs The Lord has blessed me with. The Joshua Band has stood for Jesus Christ when the major labels threatened my career because of the Christian lyrics. You people sure don't have my back. I worked with those labels so our music could be placed all over the world professionally. If you choose not to join with me as our Lord Jesus has anointing my music...then kindly back away & keep your gossip to yourselves. You are truly vicious. You have no idea what happened between me & Stryper. This all began after Stryper pulled a terrible stunt against JOSHUA at the Stryper Expo, 2001. I will refrain from telling you what a filthy joke from Mike Sweet is like. I will gladly debate him publicly anytime, anywhere. That includes my Christian Mission statement....as opposed to his.

Joshua
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite on Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:58 pm

Joshua wrote:You people call yourselves Christians, when in reality, you are gossiping liars. Like old women, you took up the gauntlet to try & bludgeon my good name. Mike Sweet began the media war with me. He came to my Facebook site & attacked my opinions that were anti-abortion. I fired back at him, only to see a fire grow out of this. Incase you Stryper fans don't know, he has quit a temper if anyone attacks him. He sends his entire fan club after you, to smack you down. That only emboldened me, as I come from a family of warriors. Since when did so called "Christians" get involved in spreading such rumors and attacking another believer. You people have no life. Your conclusions are ridiculous about this matter. Your insults over my use of social media are ignorant. Why don't you all start to act like Christians & shut your mouths instead of gossip. I have enjoyed a successful music career as a Christian artist who has only been signed to "Secular Major Labels", like RCA Records, Virgin Records, & Polydor Records because of the class of songs The Lord has blessed me with. The Joshua Band has stood for Jesus Christ when the major labels threatened my career because of the Christian lyrics. You people sure don't have my back. I worked with those labels so our music could be placed all over the world professionally. If you choose not to join with me as our Lord Jesus has anointing my music...then kindly back away & keep your gossip to yourselves. You are truly vicious. You have no idea what happened between me & Stryper. This all began after Stryper pulled a terrible stunt against JOSHUA at the Stryper Expo, 2001. I will refrain from telling you what a filthy joke from Mike Sweet is like. I will gladly debate him publicly anytime, anywhere. That includes my Christian Mission statement....as opposed to his.

Ouch!
I don't even have a horse in this race and I still feel thoroughly chastised.
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshua on Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:34 pm

Hey Burner...you are a liar as I never said anything negative against Rob Rock. I got his career going in 1988. The Driver record he took over from my other singer Jeff Fenholt, was dead in the water. Rob got his RCA Record deal start with me. He is a great friend of mine. I plan to work with Rob in the future. Where do you people come up with this hatred & personal attacks. Get behind me Satan, as I reject you wolves in Sheep's clothing. You all sound like punks with an axe to grind. You are not Christians. Just a group of Pharisees. You are all disgusting.

Joshua
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire on Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:57 pm

It's interesting to get a look at the people behind the music you enjoy. I think you usually hope for the best.
Frozen Fire
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick on Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:58 pm

Hey Joshua.  You are welcome to be a part of the community here and correct people if they have wrong information.  Spreading gossip is no good, I agree - which is why I encouraged Burner to not pursue spreading more gossip.  But do so respectfully.  Coming in and accusing everyone here of being "Satan" or false Christians or "disgusting" is particularly not respectful.  Consider this your warning: if you continue this behavior you will be banned.

We're also called to remain above reproach and making broad accusations against an entire community who you do not know certainly falls outside of that boundary - especially when it's in the context of a year-old thread made by a member with two posts who hasn't even logged in here for an entire year.  Answering the perceived "hatred and personal attacks" with more hatred and personal attacks does nobody good so please stop it immediately.  Treat folks with respect here and you may be surprised to find that there are a number of fans of your music here who would love to include you in our community.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Shred A Lot on Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:08 pm

Sir Shred A Lot
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by exo on Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:46 pm

Kerrick wrote:Hey Joshua.  You are welcome to be a part of the community here and correct people if they have wrong information.  Spreading gossip is no good, I agree - which is why I encouraged Burner to not pursue spreading more gossip.  But do so respectfully.  Coming in and accusing everyone here of being "Satan" or false Christians or "disgusting" is particularly not respectful.  Consider this your warning: if you continue this behavior you will be banned.

We're also called to remain above reproach and making broad accusations against an entire community who you do not know certainly falls outside of that boundary - especially when it's in the context of a year-old thread made by a member with two posts who hasn't even logged in here for an entire year.  Answering the perceived "hatred and personal attacks" with more hatred and personal attacks does nobody good so please stop it immediately.  Treat folks with respect here and you may be surprised to find that there are a number of fans of your music here who would love to include you in our community.

Moreover, brother Perahia...... If you are here in the spirit of brotherhood, we welcome you.....but if you are here simply to dig up year dead threads and chastise folks with a holier than thou attitude brought to bear in vanity and self righteousness, we have no need for you here and you are already done participating. I will not say it again.

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum