The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jacobs Dream - Sea of Destiny - New album is finally out!

+3
Pirate
alldatndensum
FreeRangeBeliever
7 posters

Go down

Jacobs Dream - Sea of Destiny - New album is finally out! Empty Jacobs Dream - Sea of Destiny - New album is finally out!

Post by FreeRangeBeliever Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:28 pm

After a long delay this has finally come out
Sounds very good - better than i expected
Samples here  https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/jacobsdream4
FreeRangeBeliever
FreeRangeBeliever
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Jacobs Dream - Sea of Destiny - New album is finally out! Empty Re: Jacobs Dream - Sea of Destiny - New album is finally out!

Post by alldatndensum Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:48 pm

The clips do sound good!

I've owned several of their albums but never seem to play them and end up trading or selling them.  I will pass.  They are talented guys, though!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Jacobs Dream - Sea of Destiny - New album is finally out! Empty Re: Jacobs Dream - Sea of Destiny - New album is finally out!

Post by FreeRangeBeliever Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:34 pm

This sounds better than the last album they did in 2010... I like all their stuff(except for Beneath the Shadows)...especially the first 2 albums... the first 2 chaz bond albums - Drama of the Ages and Dominion of Darkness were good too...
This new singer has a more likeable style to me than Chaz (no offense Chaz).... he seems like a cross between Chaz and the first singer David Taylor. I'll be definitely ordering it soon.
FreeRangeBeliever
FreeRangeBeliever
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Pirate Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:30 am

FreeRangeBeliever wrote:This new singer has a more likeable style to me than Chaz (no offense Chaz).... he seems like a cross between Chaz and the first singer David Taylor. I'll be definitely ordering it soon.

I was under the impression that it is indeed David Taylor who is doing vocals for the new album
Pirate
Pirate
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by FreeRangeBeliever Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:37 am

That's what i thought was happening...It seems that Kevin has returned to the band or they decided to release it even though he left.
FreeRangeBeliever
FreeRangeBeliever
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:07 pm

CD Baby's samples are worthless. You get the first 30 seconds of each song. The problem is that with a progressive band like this, you don't get to any singing in the first 30 seconds. So, I'm listening to sample after sample of this album, and they all sound the same, and there's hardly any samples with the vocals. Why not snippet a verse and chorus of each song? Do something different, because this doesn't work. I'll pass.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Fundy Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:36 pm

Do you know what songs have samples of the vocals?
Fundy
Fundy
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:19 pm

Pirate wrote:
FreeRangeBeliever wrote:This new singer has a more likeable style to me than Chaz (no offense Chaz).... he seems like a cross between Chaz and the first singer David Taylor. I'll be definitely ordering it soon.

I was under the impression that it is indeed David Taylor who is doing vocals for the new album

I'm pretty certain I remember seeing in one of their facebook responses to a fan that they are indeed back with David Taylor and working on new material.  However they already had an albums worth of material recorded with Kevin and that they planned to release it soon (I'm guessing that is the new Sea of Dreams album).
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:27 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:CD Baby's samples are worthless. You get the first 30 seconds of each song. The problem is that with a progressive band like this, you don't get to any singing in the first 30 seconds. So, I'm listening to sample after sample of this album, and they all sound the same, and there's hardly any samples with the vocals. Why not snippet a verse and chorus of each song? Do something different, because this doesn't work. I'll pass.

I agree that the 30 second sound bytes at the beginning of every song are worthless.

If you go to their facebook page they have posted videos with full songs of two of the songs "Truth" and "Embers of Torment".  That should give you a little better idea of what the music sounds like. (you have to to "Official Jacobs Dream" on facebook)

Even though I am not a huge fan of this style I really dig the few songs I've heard and will add the disc to my collection.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:35 pm

I found the production to be a bit muddy bit like Dominion of Darkness but the music sounds promising.  I expect I will pick this up at some point.
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down