New Home

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Home

Post by Kerrick on Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:25 pm

Hi all, I would really appreciate your prayers for Veronika and I to find a good home.  Our previous place we rented ended up not being very ideal for a few reasons and then our current spot opened up in seemingly providential timing.  While it’s quite pretty and a good location, we’re losing a significant amount of sleep due to our extremely loud landlords (who live directly above us), not to mention I’m allergic to something in our apartment (I think mold from this past storm…), it has horrible air circulation, and our landlords have imposed some frustratingly restrictive regulations on firearm storage that render the concept of “home defense” quite useless.  I worry about Veronika every day I leave her there to go to work.  There are very sketchy people who wander the neighborhood and our apartment is extremely unfortified and would be easy to break into.  We have a 15-month lease and if we break it, would need to help find someone good/honest/trustworthy to replace us, but honestly we’d feel quite terrible recommending it to anyone (except maybe a deaf person with high immunity to allergens haha).
Our own health, safety, and sanity is one thing, but we’ll be looking to start a family in the next year or so and unless we absolutely have to due to some wild unforeseen circumstances, raising a kid here is just not an option.

Our hope is to purchase a home, but with our income, we cannot afford much more than a glorified outhouse in this area.  I believe Santa Cruz is the absolute worst in the entire nation in terms of income/expenses, second possibly only to San Francisco (which is only ~an hour and a half drive away).  We’re seriously considering picking up and leaving everything behind to move to another state.  My parents – and possibly sister – would most likely follow us which is pretty amazing in itself.  Economics are the primary motivating factor, though extreme liberal and anti-Christian politics and crowdedness/traffic factor into it too.

All this has been weighing heavily on both Veronika and I.  As husband and head of the household, I feel quite overwhelmed.  Thanks all!

Through The Dark Radio wrote:Yep, he's so mean, he grimaces whenever he isn't listening to DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!! Twisted Evil
Kerrick
Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Re: New Home

Post by sentient 6 on Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:29 pm

Praying that God will give you wisdom. Trust in God that He will provide exactly what you need and when you need it. Pay attention to the doors that God opens and the ones that He closes. Heres some wisdom that I know that I can point too though...

25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?  26 Look at the birds of the air; they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?  27 And can any of you by worrying add a single hour to your span of life?  28 And why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they neither toil nor spin,  29 yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not clothed like one of these.  30 But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith?  31 Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear?’  32 For it is the Gentiles who strive for all these things; and indeed your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.  33 But strive first for the kingdom of God and hisrighteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

34 “So do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring worries of its own. Today’s trouble is enough for today.

....I know easier said than done. Smile
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian on Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:38 pm

Praying for you man! Praying for safety and that you'll have strength in the Lord as head of the household.

And hey you guys could move up to Spokane or Walla Walla, Washington! You'd already know somebody!  Laughing
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum