Blocked From The Tourniquet Ark Facebook page

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Blocked From The Tourniquet Ark Facebook page

Post by johnnycanuck on Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:37 pm

I posted on Ted Kirkpatrick's Vegan facebook page that Jesus was not a Vegan. That Jesus ate the Passover Lamb at the Last Supper and probably several years with His family. He also ate fish and although not a lot is written about His diet, it is obvious that the times that He ate meals with publicans and sinners, He ate meat. He was the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world and in Redemption History, Jehovah commanded His people to offer up animal sacrifices for atonement for their sins. I mentioned that Cain's offering was not pleasing in God's sight as it was a vegan offering whereas Abel's was: which led to Cain murdering Abel.

Not only was Jesus not a Vegan, he providentially allowed His disciples to catch so many fish on several occasions, that their nets were full to breaking. Not only that, He feed thousands of people fish on two occasions. 

After His resurrection, He cooked fish for His disciples who were fishing and He ate fish in front of them to prove to them that He was not a ghost. I ended it with some verses found in Romans 14:1-4

(Rom 14:1)  Accept anyone who is weak in faith, but not for the purpose of arguing over differences of opinion.
(Rom 14:2)  One person believes that he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables.
(Rom 14:3)  The person who eats any kind of food must not ridicule the person who does not eat them, and the person who does not eat certain foods must not criticize the person who eats them, for God has accepted him.
(Rom 14:4)  Who are you to criticize someone else's servant? He stands or falls before his own Lord--and stand he will, because the Lord makes him stand.
avatar
johnnycanuck
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Posts : 85
Join date : 2012-02-02
Location : CFB Greenwood NS

Back to top Go down

Re: Blocked From The Tourniquet Ark Facebook page

Post by Wildcat on Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:16 pm

I don't agree with Ted's vegan/animal rights stance either, but were you really expecting any kind of productive outcome from doing that? People rarely if ever change their deeply held beliefs just because a stranger challenged them over the internet.
avatar
Wildcat
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Posts : 134
Join date : 2012-02-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Blocked From The Tourniquet Ark Facebook page

Post by alldatndensum on Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:38 pm

Ted should have a bit thicker skin when it comes to this as whether you eat meat or not is a non-salvation issue.  Being a vegan or being an omnivore isn't what gets us to Heaven.  At best, if he didn't want this on the page, was to just simply delete your post.
avatar
alldatndensum
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 4175
Join date : 2012-02-06
Age : 47
Location : Tennessee

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Blocked From The Tourniquet Ark Facebook page

Post by Hardcore Christian on Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:08 am

Yea doing stuff like this over the internet, is probably the least likely way to change someones mind
avatar
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 3578
Join date : 2013-07-31
Age : 17
Location : Spokane, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Blocked From The Tourniquet Ark Facebook page

Post by Andreas89 on Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:01 am

But that doesn't mean that Ted is behaving correctly. Not at all, I'd say.
avatar
Andreas89
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Posts : 505
Join date : 2016-03-09
Age : 27
Location : Potsdam, Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Blocked From The Tourniquet Ark Facebook page

Post by ImagoDei on Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:09 am

Unfortunately in my experience, most vegans can't agree to disagree. They usually resort to name calling, and demonizing, and sometimes even violence if you don't agree with them. They are not open for discussion and you can't reason with them. Has to be one of the most annoying groups of people on the planet- as bad as social justice warriors-not for their beliefs but how they go about it and react. I'm all for fair treatment of animals and don't feel that factory farming is good, but you don't have to go hardline vegan to support such things. Not saying Ted is necessarily this way, but find a vegan and see if you can have a rational discussion with him and not end up with name calling and ridiculous accusations on his part. Good luck, murderer.

ImagoDei
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Posts : 47
Join date : 2017-02-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Blocked From The Tourniquet Ark Facebook page

Post by Andreas89 on Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:22 am

Ha! There's one or two things to say about veganism. I won't indulge too much in going off topic, but it's predicated on the idea (among others) that animals have intrinsic value. It's always the human (more specifically, the vegan) who bestows this value on the animal. It is a "godly" act in the sense that WE determine something about the animals. This is where I flip things around: we are masters of the animals, both factually and morally. So we can eat them when we please, why not?

And I choose NOT to eat my dogs, because I like them. My decision.

TL;DR: we are masters over animals, simple as that.
avatar
Andreas89
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Posts : 505
Join date : 2016-03-09
Age : 27
Location : Potsdam, Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Blocked From The Tourniquet Ark Facebook page

Post by H.M. Murdock on Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:32 pm

Yesterday's news. I lost interest in TQT a long time ago.
avatar
H.M. Murdock
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Posts : 130
Join date : 2015-08-06
Location : Psychiatric hospital

Back to top Go down

Re: Blocked From The Tourniquet Ark Facebook page

Post by d@v!d on Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:56 pm

ImagoDei wrote:Unfortunately in my experience, most vegans can't agree to disagree. They usually resort to name calling, and demonizing, and sometimes even violence if you don't agree with them. They are not open for discussion and you can't reason with them. Has to be one of the most annoying groups of people on the planet- as bad as social justice warriors-not for their beliefs but how they go about it and react. I'm all for fair treatment of animals and don't feel that factory farming is good, but you don't have to go hardline vegan to support such things. Not saying Ted is necessarily this way, but find a vegan and see if you can have a rational discussion with him and not end up with name calling and ridiculous accusations on his part. Good luck, murderer.
What you say reminds me of this funny by JP Sears.
avatar
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 3498
Join date : 2012-02-02
Location : Visiting

Back to top Go down

Re: Blocked From The Tourniquet Ark Facebook page

Post by sentient 6 on Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:49 pm

Cool  lol!
avatar
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Posts : 5784
Join date : 2012-03-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Blocked From The Tourniquet Ark Facebook page

Post by sentient 6 on Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:53 pm

johnnycanuck wrote:I posted on Ted Kirkpatrick's Vegan facebook page that Jesus was not a Vegan.

Who was claiming that ? Is that Teds belief ? I honestly don't know. Because if so, that's straight out of the PETA talking points in regards to beliefs about Jesus Christ.
avatar
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Posts : 5784
Join date : 2012-03-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Blocked From The Tourniquet Ark Facebook page

Post by TheOldMan2084 on Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:41 am

"Broccoli...that's my food's food..."  lol! lol!
avatar
TheOldMan2084
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Posts : 142
Join date : 2012-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Blocked From The Tourniquet Ark Facebook page

Post by BearDad on Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:39 pm

ImagoDei wrote:Unfortunately in my experience, most vegans can't agree to disagree. They usually resort to name calling, and demonizing, and sometimes even violence if you don't agree with them. They are not open for discussion and you can't reason with them. 

Sounds like a typical card-carrying liberal progressive to me.

BearDad
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Posts : 17
Join date : 2017-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Blocked From The Tourniquet Ark Facebook page

Post by Andreas89 on Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:00 am

I have to agree partly with the observation that vegans can have a real attitude when it comes to their nutritional views and the reasons behind them. But I also know of the more "modest" vegan types, who aren't that in your face about it... maybe my experiences differ because I have a certain level of sympathy for some of its ideas. And because my wife and I occasionally cook vegan recipes. Not because they're vegan mind you, but because they're tasty and healthy.
avatar
Andreas89
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Posts : 505
Join date : 2016-03-09
Age : 27
Location : Potsdam, Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Blocked From The Tourniquet Ark Facebook page

Post by ImagoDei on Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:41 pm

I'm sure there are modest vegans, I've just never met or known of one. I've known plenty of modest, nonjudgmental vegetarians, but for some reason crossing the line into veganism also correlates with a mental breakdown.

ImagoDei
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Posts : 47
Join date : 2017-02-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Blocked From The Tourniquet Ark Facebook page

Post by Tobi Elektrik on Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:26 pm

As a fellow Vegan I see a very important problem in Ted's actions and lyrical approach: He is too animal-fixated. I have to admit that I never read much of his messages but I never found any link between his Veganism and HUMANS.
Animals are great creatures. A lot of them have feelings. They feel pain, they are social creatures, they are a mindblowing testimony of God's greatness. That's what Ted says. That's what I would say.
But animals are NOT human. And there's clearly no word in the Bible that says that killing an animal is forbidden. But I have the impression (like many other people) that Ted puts them on a same level like humans.

I personally choose a vegan diet for many reasons. I don't see any need to kill animals (in Germany and many other countries) for food causes. Sure, meat, milk, eggs, cheese - it all tastes good. But that's a pretty weird reason to justify the killing of a living creature IMO. But that's just one of many reasons:
Health issues, huge ecological problems, hunger - those are problems that affect HUMANS directly.

So often the whole discussion about animal rights distracts from other severe problems. The animal industry is not just harming and killing animals, it's also harming and killing PEOPLE!

That's why I have very mixed feelings about johnnycanuck's facebook post: On the one hand it's adressed to Ted so I can understand his biblical remarks. But on the other hand I become quite aggressive when people start to use the Bible to justify their bad lifestyle.
We are not living in the Israel of the year 35 where people's main food was bread and when the world had a population of only 200,000.
It's 2017 now, over 7,000,000 people are crowding the earth and we are about to KILL this planet while people fill their stomachs with 200 pounds of meat each year (at least the average American does) and complain about Ted's animal rights activism.
avatar
Tobi Elektrik
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Posts : 454
Join date : 2012-02-02
Location : Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Blocked From The Tourniquet Ark Facebook page

Post by bjorn agin on Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:05 pm

Tobi Elektrik wrote:We are not living in the Israel of the year 35 where people's main food was bread and when the world had a population of only 200,000.
It's 2017 now, over 7,000,000 people are crowding the earth and we are about to KILL this planet while people fill their stomachs with 200 pounds of meat each year (at least the average American does) and complain about Ted's animal rights activism.

I'm not a vegan, but I respect your right to choose to not eat meat. But I do have to interject with some of your language regarding over-crowding. I just returned from a trip to the western United States and I saw vast areas of open land in Kansas, Colorado, Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, Montana and South Dakota. We are not near killing the planet by a long shot.
avatar
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 2447
Join date : 2012-02-02
Location : Illinois

Back to top Go down

Re: Blocked From The Tourniquet Ark Facebook page

Post by Andreas89 on Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:25 am

Then come visit us here in Germany. Or even worse, the Netherlands. Maybe you'll understand overcrowding rhethoric better Razz
avatar
Andreas89
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Posts : 505
Join date : 2016-03-09
Age : 27
Location : Potsdam, Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Blocked From The Tourniquet Ark Facebook page

Post by Tobi Elektrik on Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:06 am

bjorn agin wrote:
Tobi Elektrik wrote:We are not living in the Israel of the year 35 where people's main food was bread and when the world had a population of only 200,000.
It's 2017 now, over 7,000,000 people are crowding the earth and we are about to KILL this planet while people fill their stomachs with 200 pounds of meat each year (at least the average American does) and complain about Ted's animal rights activism.

I'm not a vegan, but I respect your right to choose to not eat meat. But I do have to interject with some of your language regarding over-crowding. I just returned from a trip to the western United States and I saw vast areas of open land in Kansas, Colorado, Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, Montana and South Dakota. We are not near killing the planet by a long shot.

Than better check this list to understand the problem: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_ecological_footprint
In Germany we are already facing more and more problems by the increasing volume of animal waste: High nitrate and phosphorous levels, contimaninated groundwater and surface water with pharmaceuticals or microbial pathogens, algal bloom... Those are "third world problems" caused by our first world greed. And cutting the production of animal products to a healthy level is the only solution.
avatar
Tobi Elektrik
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Posts : 454
Join date : 2012-02-02
Location : Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Blocked From The Tourniquet Ark Facebook page

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum