The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Original Guardian singer Paul Cawley resurfaces again

+12
deathisgain
oldschooldoom
Livna
Jessrox
Black Rider
Follower of Jesus
eatbugs
Hardcore Christian
New Creation
alldatndensum
Marcus Moore
thejones99
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Original Guardian singer Paul Cawley resurfaces again Empty Original Guardian singer Paul Cawley resurfaces again

Post by thejones99 Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:31 pm

After departing from Guardian, Paul Cawley (founder and original singer of Guardian) formed another band called 'Phantom Generation' that has just surfaced on iTunes, Amazon and Spotify.  2 full length albums and a total of 25 tracks.  There's a facebook page too (it's FantomGeneration).  If you're a fan of the First Watch CD from Guardian, you should check Phantom Generation out.  It's good stuff. Cool What do you think?

thejones99
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Original Guardian singer Paul Cawley resurfaces again Empty Re: Original Guardian singer Paul Cawley resurfaces again

Post by Marcus Moore Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:19 pm

Thanks for the info
Marcus Moore
Marcus Moore
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Original Guardian singer Paul Cawley resurfaces again Empty Re: Original Guardian singer Paul Cawley resurfaces again

Post by alldatndensum Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:19 pm

It sound good!

Was this a Christian project?  It was really hard to tell just from the clips.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:37 pm

I messaged the band and got this explanation from Paul and Micheal:

Paul and I originally would classify this as a "cross-over" project. It was secular in its inception but never intended to stray too far away from Paul's Guardian heritage. Maybe similar to a Switchfoot, or POD if you will. There are very definitely references to faith in the lyrics.

there are some very direct Christian references in Phantom music and some that are about life situations or circumstances that just don't sound at the moment like it's about anything "Christian" necessarily but hey that's an understood part of the creative process that Christians need to grasp about rock music
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:23 am

So, Gardian, right?  Cool
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:04 pm

Wait, he was the singer of Gardian? or did he sing on First Watch or both?
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:40 pm

Hardcore Christian wrote:Wait, he was the singer of Gardian? or did he sing on First Watch or both?

Both.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:40 pm

BTW, I love the sound of Gardian but don't like First Watch.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:15 am

Ugh.  No money for music right now but I would love this.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:28 pm

I didn't think it was that great. But to each his own.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:42 pm

I've been checking out these 2 releases on Spotify, and I have to say I really love them.

I was always a big fan of Cawley's voice...in fact, his version of Gardian/Guardian is the only version I will listen to.

Some of the my favorite tracks from these 2 releases..

From "Your Karma Ran Over My Dogma"
https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/phantomgeneration# 

Special
https://open.spotify.com/track/6tbyyOvxUMXIXrhYpqNqbA 

What Was and What Is
https://open.spotify.com/track/3LkAyIJESGFPm1WJhkvBJe

Whole
https://open.spotify.com/track/3aXFd5b21YRQ1Tq7iB0LJ7 

From "Renaissance"
https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/phantomgeneration3  

Sweet Maiden
https://open.spotify.com/track/7KlQNz74gVGRYW0i8gOp48 

Skybound
https://open.spotify.com/track/0wKFfmlvUy7rUOO5ZQzxQy 

Conscience
https://open.spotify.com/track/7dbV5PZ3N7vgA7KWrz5zZm 

Where I Was Found
https://open.spotify.com/track/7lkMqOi0tbCNbRB1oDtimz 

Keeping The Time
https://open.spotify.com/track/1YUjUZBhWzaoFB8uvPNMOy 

I will be buying this from CD Baby as soon as I make sure there are no CDs of it out there first

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:52 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:53 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:48 am

I wound up buying both albums from CDBaby. Good stuff.

Also, going on a hunch, I'm willing to bet that the OP of this thread, thejones99, is the band's guitarist, Michael Jones.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:18 am

Sounds ok, a little generic.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessrox Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:53 pm

I like it...raw, heavy classic vibe. Reminds me of a follow up to First watch. Pretty cool.
Jessrox
Jessrox
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:51 pm

This is a bit on the generic side.  I bought both of these two years ago and forgot that I even had the MP3s of these release.  I may give them another spin this week.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Livna Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:38 pm

Didn’t he also have a project with the drummer of Stryken and Ez Gomer Of Leviticus/Jet Circus.  The supergroup was recording an album but I don’t think the project ever got finished.
Livna
Livna
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:45 am

He also re-surfaced in 2011 with this Guardian1 EP
https://www.amazon.com/Empire-Guardian1/dp/B005DJIZUA
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:24 pm

oldschooldoom wrote:He also re-surfaced in 2011 with this Guardian1 EP
https://www.amazon.com/Empire-Guardian1/dp/B005DJIZUA

Thanks for the headsup! I just bought it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:24 pm

Livna wrote:Didn’t he also have a project with the drummer of Stryken and Ez Gomer Of Leviticus/Jet Circus.  The supergroup was recording an album but I don’t think the project ever got finished.

I would love to know about that, also

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:06 pm

Bought4Life wrote:
Livna wrote:Didn’t he also have a project with the drummer of Stryken and Ez Gomer Of Leviticus/Jet Circus.  The supergroup was recording an album but I don’t think the project ever got finished.

I remember being excited about the new upcoming super group Fall Of Vegas and then....nothing Shocked

Original Guardian singer Paul Cawley resurfaces again 50XJFAQ
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:02 pm

oldschooldoom wrote:
Bought4Life wrote:

I remember being excited about the new upcoming super group  Fall Of Vegas and then....nothing Shocked

Original Guardian singer Paul Cawley resurfaces again 50XJFAQ

I remember them trying to sell t-shirts for that band. I don't think they even released any clips. I was like "why would I buy a t-shirt to a band that technically, doesn't exist?
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:24 pm

They were about as ready as could be with promotions and then...nothing

Fall of Vegas‏

A band 25 years in the making... The Fall of Vegas is comprised of rockers, Joey Knight (Stryken) on Lead Vocals, Ron "Zilla" Campbell (Monsterus) on Drums, Ez Gomér (Jet Circus, Leviticus) on Bass/Vocals, Paul Cawley (Guardian) on Rhythm Guitar/Vocals, Michael Tyrrell (Doro Pesch, Mylon LeFevre) Lead Guitars, and Brent Jeffers (Stryper/Guardian) on Keyboards.

Founded by former Stryken drummer turned vocalist Joey Knight, these Christian rock veterans have come together to forge their own blend of new rock sound in following with the success of such supergroups as Velvet Revolver, Audioslave, and Chickenfoot. FOV marks the spot for a new beginning from this band of brothers united by some legendary pasts and a suddenly brighter future.

For over a year the band has been putting the pieces in place, and the sound coming forth is a sonic amalgamation that forges a number of classic rock influences, all slathered with a heavy dose of hard rock muscle. "I'm excited for what's ahead," explains the group's lead singer Joey Knight. "This band has been a total God thing in how He brought us all together - we're looking forward to sharing His message once again through the medium of rock-n-roll and having a great time together doing it!"

The formula for FOV has been brewing for sometime, as the guys lives have been intertwined through mutual friendships for years. "Joey actually came out to work with us for about a month back in the early days of Monsterus," explains drummer Ron. "Then I get a call from Van Pelt (HM Magazine Founder) saying that Joey has been trying to contact me for sometime and needed to chat. Joey spotted me on Facebook... sent a chat with his digits... and three hours later the FOV embryo was born."
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:56 pm

oldschooldoom wrote:They were about as ready as could be with promotions and then...nothing

Fall of Vegas‏

A band 25 years in the making... The Fall of Vegas is comprised of rockers, Joey Knight (Stryken) on Lead Vocals, Ron "Zilla" Campbell (Monsterus) on Drums, Ez Gomér (Jet Circus, Leviticus) on Bass/Vocals, Paul Cawley (Guardian) on Rhythm Guitar/Vocals, Michael Tyrrell (Doro Pesch, Mylon LeFevre) Lead Guitars, and Brent Jeffers (Stryper/Guardian) on Keyboards.

Founded by former Stryken drummer turned vocalist Joey Knight, these Christian rock veterans have come together to forge their own blend of new rock sound in following with the success of such supergroups as Velvet Revolver, Audioslave, and Chickenfoot. FOV marks the spot for a new beginning from this band of brothers united by some legendary pasts and a suddenly brighter future.

For over a year the band has been putting the pieces in place, and the sound coming forth is a sonic amalgamation that forges a number of classic rock influences, all slathered with a heavy dose of hard rock muscle. "I'm excited for what's ahead," explains the group's lead singer Joey Knight. "This band has been a total God thing in how He brought us all together - we're looking forward to sharing His message once again through the medium of rock-n-roll and having a great time together doing it!"

The formula for FOV has been brewing for sometime, as the guys lives have been intertwined through mutual friendships for years. "Joey actually came out to work with us for about a month back in the early days of Monsterus," explains drummer Ron. "Then I get a call from Van Pelt (HM Magazine Founder) saying that Joey has been trying to contact me for sometime and needed to chat. Joey spotted me on Facebook... sent a chat with his digits... and three hours later the FOV embryo was born."

Joey Knight Puente's Twitter account still lists him as "Former drummer of STRYKER/STRYKEN, now lead vocalist of The Fall of Vegas and Radio Junkies. Co-Host of Fresh Roasted Metal on YouTube"....and he is very active on Twitter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next