The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spotlight On Stryper's Reborn Album

5 posters

Go down

Spotlight On Stryper's Reborn Album Empty Spotlight On Stryper's Reborn Album

Post by Guitar Noir Mon May 22, 2017 1:12 pm

Latest blog post, spotlight on Stryper's album Reborn. 

https://shadesofnoirsite.wordpress.com/2017/05/20/album-spotlight-reborn-by-stryper/
Guitar Noir
Guitar Noir
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://shadesofnoirsite.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Spotlight On Stryper's Reborn Album Empty Re: Spotlight On Stryper's Reborn Album

Post by Guest Mon May 22, 2017 4:25 pm

I agree with your review. I thought Michael's vocals on this one evidenced maturity and control and is probably my favourite vocally of all their albums.

Back to top Go down

Spotlight On Stryper's Reborn Album Empty Re: Spotlight On Stryper's Reborn Album

Post by Guitar Noir Mon May 22, 2017 5:18 pm

Erasmus wrote:I agree with your review. I thought Michael's vocals on this one evidenced maturity and control and is probably my favourite vocally of all their albums.
Thanks for taking the time to read the blog.  Michael has always been a great vocalist, but somehow he is getting better with age.  He may not be able to hit all of those ultra high notes any more, but he seems to be singing with more power these days.
Guitar Noir
Guitar Noir
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://shadesofnoirsite.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Tue May 23, 2017 2:49 am

I agree too.  Very underrated album.  I agree with pretty much everything said, especially in the second-to-last paragraph.  I said at the time that if they were doing a one time reunion that it should have sounded like the 1980's but if they wanted to stay back together that this was the right thing to do.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Tue May 23, 2017 7:16 am

I almost agree.

I don't hear the subdued lead playing on most of the album.  I also wouldn't call this a metal record.  It is a modern rock record.  Skillet could have done this same album.

However, I do enjoy this album.  I just wish they could, at least, overdub some solos during the breakdowns and instrumental sections in the middle.  You would then hear this album much more akin to "Murder By Pride".  The lack of solos makes this less metal as metal is all about the riffs and solos.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue May 23, 2017 11:26 am

Alldat knows what's up.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by timekeeper Tue May 23, 2017 11:58 am

Black Rider wrote:Alldat knows what's up.
Except for that Skillet comment! Smile
timekeeper
timekeeper
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 23, 2017 12:26 pm

I agree, reborn is a modern metal album. All the good bands from 80's were doing it at that time. It took a while for them to see that the fans wouldn't want them to change the musical direction.

Regarding Michael's voice, I also think that it got mature, as depends less and less from their screams. But I guess it is something you got to do, as you r voice starts to grow old.
I can list many examples of singers who changed the way of their own singing. For example, Rey Parra and Michael Voss. Two great singers from the 80's, that are still great singers, but in a different way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down