Rob Rock, Roy Z, and “El Diablo”

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rob Rock, Roy Z, and “El Diablo”

Post by Galations6.7 on Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:38 pm

I remember during the recording of Driver’s “Son’s of Thunder” album I went over to Roys house to see what was going on. Rob and Roy were discussing what is now “Never Give Up” and how it might not make the cut. I could see that frustration was beginning to set in. Roy and I decided to go grab  something to eat at a local restaurant. He wanted me to try this really spicy but tasty dish called “El Diablo.”  We went and “El Diablo” was everything Roy said it would be. DELICIOUS!! When we came back from eating (I think Rob had ordered a burrito but I’m not remembering that clearly about that) Rob Rock had completely rewritten the song (Lyrics and melody). It is one of my favorite songs from that album and when I think of it,…. I think of how amazing Rob Rock truly is.
Galations6.7
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Re: Rob Rock, Roy Z, and “El Diablo”

Post by d@v!d on Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:55 pm

Galations6.7 wrote:I remember during the recording of Driver’s “Son’s of Thunder” album I went over to Roys house to see what was going on. Rob and Roy were discussing what is now “Never Give Up” and how it might not make the cut. I could see that frustration was beginning to set in. Roy and I decided to go grab  something to eat at a local restaurant. He wanted me to try this really spicy but tasty dish called “El Diablo.”  We went and “El Diablo” was everything Roy said it would be. DELICIOUS!! When we came back from eating (I think Rob had ordered a burrito but I’m not remembering that clearly about that) Rob Rock had completely rewritten the song (Lyrics and melody). It is one of my favorite songs from that album and when I think of it,…. I think of how amazing Rob Rock truly is.
Cool story!
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain on Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:06 pm

So what you are saying, is that satan was involved in the making of this song. Razz
deathisgain
Metal Slacker

http://www.deathisgain.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian on Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:42 pm

The Devil really inspired you that day lol!
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiago-Brazil on Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:46 pm

I knew that heavy metal comes from hell. That's a proof.
Thiago-Brazil
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:57 pm

Just listened to that song today for the first time in probably 4 years without even seeing this thread. I needed some encouragement in the middle of the day, cycled through my iPod and picked the album and saw that song. Instantly remembered why I loved the track so much and thought about how perfect it was for what I needed today.

What timing! God certainly inspired that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum