Sanctuary (metal church) Praise record - what happened?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sanctuary (metal church) Praise record - what happened?

Post by Superjuice on Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:40 pm

This is nowhere near heavy metal except for some guitar solos.
avatar
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 1352
Join date : 2012-02-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanctuary (metal church) Praise record - what happened?

Post by Follower of Jesus on Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:44 pm

It was never advertised or intended to be a metal record. If you got the physical CD, Pastor Bob explains this in the liner notes. He knew people would have the expectation that it would be a metal record.  

I love this album (and its follow up Sanctuary Praise 2). There's nothing wrong with it. At all.
avatar
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 1227
Join date : 2012-02-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanctuary (metal church) Praise record - what happened?

Post by alldatndensum on Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:42 pm

I like the first one but love the 2nd one.  Metal or not, they were great projects.
avatar
alldatndensum
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 4271
Join date : 2012-02-06
Age : 47
Location : Tennessee

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanctuary (metal church) Praise record - what happened?

Post by 6stringgrind on Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:31 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:It was never advertised or intended to be a metal record. If you got the physical CD, Pastor Bob explains this in the liner notes. He knew people would have the expectation that it would be a metal record.  

I love this album (and its follow up Sanctuary Praise 2). There's nothing wrong with it. At all.

When you're reading the liner notes, it's a little too late. Haha

6stringgrind
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Posts : 93
Join date : 2012-03-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanctuary (metal church) Praise record - what happened?

Post by Hardcore Christian on Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:52 pm

Only ever had the first one

Havent listened to it but a few times

Now if you want a metal worship album, Im sure most of you have heard P.K. Mitchell's project





avatar
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 3638
Join date : 2013-07-31
Age : 17
Location : Spokane, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanctuary (metal church) Praise record - what happened?

Post by deathisgain on Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:13 pm

I liked both records.  Robyn Kyle Basauri singng "Lamb of God" off of the second one gave me chills every time I heard it.

"Metal Praise" had more of an edge to it.
avatar
deathisgain
Metal Slacker

Posts : 2132
Join date : 2012-02-01
Age : 47

http://www.deathisgain.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanctuary (metal church) Praise record - what happened?

Post by 6stringgrind on Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:47 pm

There was also the Rock Power Praise album that the Elefante brothers put out.

6stringgrind
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Posts : 93
Join date : 2012-03-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanctuary (metal church) Praise record - what happened?

Post by Hardcore Christian on Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:21 pm

6stringgrind wrote:There was also the Rock Power Praise album that the Elefante brothers put out.
I have that one as well, solid album
avatar
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 3638
Join date : 2013-07-31
Age : 17
Location : Spokane, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanctuary (metal church) Praise record - what happened?

Post by eatbugs on Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:45 pm

6stringgrind wrote:
Follower of Jesus wrote:It was never advertised or intended to be a metal record. If you got the physical CD, Pastor Bob explains this in the liner notes. He knew people would have the expectation that it would be a metal record.  

I love this album (and its follow up Sanctuary Praise 2). There's nothing wrong with it. At all.

When you're reading the liner notes, it's a little too late. Haha

This.  Exactly this.  When I got it I had expectations of it being heavy metal worship.  Years later I did find Metal Praise and PK Mitchell.

I had the same problem with a CD I found once upon a time on the Rowe Productions website.  There was a worship CD from Steve's church and I assumed that it was metal worship (nope).  Why else would a worship CD be on the Rowe website?

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 1203
Join date : 2012-08-28
Location : Michigan

Back to top Go down

Re: Sanctuary (metal church) Praise record - what happened?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum