The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pastor Brad New Parody of Dokken - Tooth & Nail

5 posters

Go down

Pastor Brad New Parody of Dokken - Tooth & Nail Empty Pastor Brad New Parody of Dokken - Tooth & Nail

Post by pastorbrad Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:47 pm

Rockin with Dokken! Here's the vid for track one on STG2, "Storming Hell" -- a Christian Parody of "Tooth & Nail" -- Enjoy... and feel free to share Rock on 1
pastorbrad
pastorbrad
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://www.guitarjams.net

Back to top Go down

Pastor Brad New Parody of Dokken - Tooth & Nail Empty Re: Pastor Brad New Parody of Dokken - Tooth & Nail

Post by alldatndensum Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:50 am

Great version!  Man, I wished we lived closer so we could play.  I could definitely give you the low end you'd need to go live with this.

I love how you have given more detail to getting the flow of the words right to match the original.  You have to have that or it doesn't feel like the same song.

I do wish, though, that you could get a live drummer.  The programmed ones work, but I can tell a difference.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Pastor Brad New Parody of Dokken - Tooth & Nail Empty Re: Pastor Brad New Parody of Dokken - Tooth & Nail

Post by exo Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:06 am

Brad, you are an amazing talent.  I wish I could get "in" to the whole parody/alternative lyrics thing, but it's just not my deal.

Keep it up, because there are a whole lot of people who are NOT me that enjoy the heck out of it Smile

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by pastorbrad Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:56 am

Thanks so much Alldat!  And EXO, bro... I totally get how you feel about parodies...I was that way for a long time---I know parodies aren't going to be everyone's cup of tea... but my hope is that they might help me connect with classic metal fans who may not otherwise give me a listen... Also, the part about parodies that always seemed cheesy to me was the attempt to be cute/funny... that's just not me... so when I do a parody it's straight up Jesus/Kingdom time... I dunno... for me that changed things.  And of course it's a ton of fun paying homage to the musicians who so deeply influenced me as a musician.
pastorbrad
pastorbrad
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

http://www.guitarjams.net

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:20 pm

Cool.  Like I said man, you have amazing talent.  Keep on doing your thing!

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:51 am

Also, the part about parodies that always seemed cheesy to me was the attempt to be cute/funny... that's just not me... so when I do a parody it's straight up Jesus/Kingdom time... I dunno... for me that changed things.

I like it when it is both funny/cheesy and straight up Jesus.  That is one of Apologetix weaknesses to me as of late.  They no longer really go after being funny.  I went with the funny and straight up Jesus when I redid "Bad To The Bone" last year.  I told the Christmas story of Jesus' birth and went with funny.

Check it out:

On my next full length, I hope to redo a classic ZZ Top song.  Instead of "Tush", I want to do "Bush".  It will be a retelling of Moses with the burning bush.  Again, I went with funny especially since you have three short verses to tell the whole story.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:44 am

To be honest, I don't want to listen to parody songs like these before I get to know the original. So you guys are making music I will not yet enjoy Razz
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:01 am

You need to go listen Tooth and Nail and Back for the Attack NOW.  You are missing out.....

exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:29 am

Well, I have this thing that I prefer to buy the album. Listening to a song on youtube once is OK, but having the album makes me familiar with a song because unlike most youtube songs, I listen to albums multiple times. And I think these parodies are enjoyed best when your knowledge of the original song goes beyond "I listened to it once on youtube".

Next you may ask: "why aren't you buying the album then?" Well, I can give you a list Wink
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessrox Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:24 pm

Another winner.....one of my all time favorites. Much better then Apologetix, heavier, better production and guitar tone by far!
Jessrox
Jessrox
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down