Favorite Seventh Avenue Album

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Favorite Seventh Avenue Album?

5% 5% 
[ 1 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
11% 11% 
[ 2 ]
5% 5% 
[ 1 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
11% 11% 
[ 2 ]
42% 42% 
[ 8 ]
26% 26% 
[ 5 ]
 
Total Votes : 19

Favorite Seventh Avenue Album

Post by Hardcore Christian on Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:32 pm

I dont know if we already had one of these? I searched up Seventh Avenue and there was no poll topic

So I thought I would start one, to see what your guy's favorite album is (I'll include EP's)
avatar
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 3689
Join date : 2013-07-31
Age : 17
Location : Spokane, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Seventh Avenue Album

Post by My Awesome Timothy on Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:48 pm

For me Seventh Avenue got better with each release, so went for 'Terium'.  Really hope they get round to releasing Radiant with the ex-members of Seventh Avenue.
avatar
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 1270
Join date : 2012-02-02
Location : England

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Seventh Avenue Album

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:49 pm

I've only heard the last 4 full lengths and agree with My Awesome Timothy that they got better with every album. Terium is a mammoth album!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Seventh Avenue Album

Post by Hardcore Christian on Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:23 pm

Its really tough for me despite only owning 3 of their albums!
I own Tales Of Tales, Southgate, and Terium

Tales Of Tales and Southgate, both kinda have the same track layout
They have an opener that sets the tone of the album, then the title track, followed by 2 really solid heavier songs, then the 5th song on each album are probably my favorite's on their respected albums, Father on Southgate and Temptation on Tales Of Tales

Then the rest of the albums dont have as many stand out tracks, I personally like the last 4 tracks on Tales Of Tales better than the last 4 on Southgate. Southgate does have the killer instrumental half way through though.

The only problem I have with Terium is to me it gets old, by the end of the album, I think they should have left off maybe 2,3, or even 4 songs

I like how with the other albums they have an intro that sets the tone, which Terium does as well, for me the first 5 songs (tracks 2-6) are all amazing, I enjoy Needs and Two Masters but by then songs start to blend together
The only other stand out tracks towards the end are Betrayal and Way To The Stars, the former being one of my favorite SA songs and the latter just being a really solid heavier song

Anyway sorry to rant a bit, just wanted to put these thoughts somewhere

I think at this point I will vote for Tales Of Tales, I have heard great things about Eternals but I want to see the results
Either way its really close between ToT and Terium
avatar
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 3689
Join date : 2013-07-31
Age : 17
Location : Spokane, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Seventh Avenue Album

Post by eatbugs on Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:22 pm

I also only have 3.  I voted Tales as well for nostalgic reasons (first one I got after hearing them on the first HM Mag sampler disc).  Mostly I voted just to see what everyone else thinks and get that one next.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 1220
Join date : 2012-08-28
Location : Michigan

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Seventh Avenue Album

Post by Hardcore Christian on Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:19 pm

eatbugs wrote:I also only have 3.  I voted Tales as well for nostalgic reasons (first one I got after hearing them on the first HM Mag sampler disc).  Mostly I voted just to see what everyone else thinks and get that one next.
Me as well, Im hoping to see what else is popular, I heard awhile ago that Eternals was top notch so that one is gonna be next unless I see otherwise
avatar
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 3689
Join date : 2013-07-31
Age : 17
Location : Spokane, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Seventh Avenue Album

Post by Black Rider on Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:56 am

IMO, Eternals is where it all came together. Production is top notch, songs are all excellent and it doesn't have the bloat of Terium.
avatar
Black Rider
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 2738
Join date : 2012-02-01
Location : Naches, Wa.

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Seventh Avenue Album

Post by My Awesome Timothy on Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:19 am

Black Rider wrote:IMO, Eternals is where it all came together. Production is top notch, songs are all excellent and it doesn't have the bloat of Terium.


True, love Eternals.
avatar
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 1270
Join date : 2012-02-02
Location : England

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Seventh Avenue Album

Post by Thiago-Brazil on Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:45 am

All I have heard of them is the three albums I own. And those are: Eternals, Tales of Tales and Between the Worlds.
I voted for the album I listened to mostly. Eternals. But also love Tales of Tales.

I remember I totally lost interest in this band when I got Between the Worlds album.
avatar
Thiago-Brazil
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 1349
Join date : 2012-03-12
Age : 29
Location : São Paulo - Brazil

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Seventh Avenue Album

Post by Andreas89 on Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:13 pm

I have some serious beef with this band. They kind of play one of my favourite styles of power metal (throwing in some 80s Maiden), but their music somehow does not grab me. They have a handful of good songs on the four albums I know (from Southgate onward), but most of their songs feel incohesive and lack catchiness. A capital sin for a German power metal band.
On top of that, all of their albums drag on for way too long. 45-50 minutes of that music may make a decent album.

I'm being harsh here, I know. But just take a listen to a band like Evertale, who more or less play the same style, and yet can get away with an album of over 77 minutes without becoming boring.
avatar
Andreas89
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Posts : 633
Join date : 2016-03-09
Age : 27
Location : Potsdam, Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Seventh Avenue Album

Post by Staybrite on Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:00 pm

My Awesome Timothy wrote:
Black Rider wrote:IMO, Eternals is where it all came together. Production is top notch, songs are all excellent and it doesn't have the bloat of Terium.


True, love Eternals.

Even though I am not really a huge power-metal fan my vote would also go for Eternals.  There really isn't a poor song on the album.  I had the same issue with Terium that HC had, it just seems to drag on a little too long (they should have scrapped a few of the songs)....I also get a little tired of hearing the word Terium over and over again throughout the album.

I am a huge fan of well performed cover songs, so their cover of Survivor's "Burning Heart" on the "Between the Worlds" album is a certainly a favorite of mine.

avatar
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 2333
Join date : 2012-02-01
Age : 49
Location : Seattle/Tacoma

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Seventh Avenue Album

Post by arttieTHE1manparty on Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:30 pm

I voted Between The Worlds, but could've just as easily voted Eternals. The last 4 have been stellar albums!

Arttie
avatar
arttieTHE1manparty
The Strongest Man In The World
The Strongest Man In The World

Posts : 709
Join date : 2012-01-31
Age : 47
Location : Husker Country!

http://www.Glitter2Gutter.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Seventh Avenue Album

Post by metaldude on Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:03 pm

I chose Terium. I wanted to like the others, but I just can't make myself listen to them.
avatar
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 2528
Join date : 2013-10-11
Age : 51
Location : Texas

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Seventh Avenue Album

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:18 pm

Black Rider wrote:IMO, Eternals is where it all came together. Production is top notch, songs are all excellent and it doesn't have the bloat of Terium.
Well said. I too voted for Eternals.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Seventh Avenue Album

Post by Hardcore Christian on Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:22 am

Cydonius wrote:
Black Rider wrote:IMO, Eternals is where it all came together. Production is top notch, songs are all excellent and it doesn't have the bloat of Terium.
Well said. I too voted for Eternals.
Dude!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to the forums!

Huge Star Trek fan, awesome profile pic!

What bands/genres are you into other than Seventh Avenue?
avatar
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 3689
Join date : 2013-07-31
Age : 17
Location : Spokane, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Seventh Avenue Album

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:42 am

Hardcore Christian wrote:
Cydonius wrote:
Black Rider wrote:IMO, Eternals is where it all came together. Production is top notch, songs are all excellent and it doesn't have the bloat of Terium.
Well said. I too voted for Eternals.
Dude!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to the forums!

Huge Star Trek fan, awesome profile pic!

What bands/genres are you into other than Seventh Avenue?

Thanks, man! Huge Trekkie here too, especially DS9. I like all kinds of music but especially Doom, Stoner 70s, Thrash, 70s Fusion, 50s & 60s Jazz, Hard Bop, etc. As far as Christian bands go Disciple, Place Of Skulls, Nomad Son, Deliverance, Living Sacrifice, Demon Hunter, Audio A, Kevin Max, Extol, Rob Rock, Narnia, Sacrament... Seventh Avenue isn't even one of my top bands. Ha! I put some info on the "Welcome Yourself" section too so I don't derail this thread.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Seventh Avenue Album

Post by Hardcore Christian on Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:59 am

One thing I just realized is how is Goodbye considered an EP?
Just because it has multiple versions of songs?

Its literally an hour long and has 9 tracks on it!
avatar
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 3689
Join date : 2013-07-31
Age : 17
Location : Spokane, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Seventh Avenue Album

Post by Andreas89 on Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:58 am

^It's one of life's mysteries I guess. Between Light and Darkness by Dark Moor is also considered an EP even though it's well over 50 minutes. Probably because it's some kind of compilation of bonus tracks of previous albums and some acoustic songs. Or Rain of a Thousand Flames, which might be my favourite Rhapsody album. It's 42 minutes long and considered an EP, probably because it holds an alternative ending to their multiple album concept. Even though they were all new and unique songs.
And at the same time, some under 40 minutes CDs are considered albums. I think it's just what the band or label wants it to be Razz
avatar
Andreas89
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Posts : 633
Join date : 2016-03-09
Age : 27
Location : Potsdam, Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Seventh Avenue Album

Post by Hardcore Christian on Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:30 pm

Andreas89 wrote:^It's one of life's mysteries I guess. Between Light and Darkness by Dark Moor is also considered an EP even though it's well over 50 minutes. Probably because it's some kind of compilation of bonus tracks of previous albums and some acoustic songs. Or Rain of a Thousand Flames, which might be my favourite Rhapsody album. It's 42 minutes long and considered an EP, probably because it holds an alternative ending to their multiple album concept. Even though they were all new and unique songs.
And at the same time, some under 40 minutes CDs are considered albums. I think it's just what the band or label wants it to be Razz
I own a lot of albums around 40 mins or less that have 10 songs and are considered full albums

Then there's a couple albums that have 5 songs but almost are an hour in length Razz
avatar
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 3689
Join date : 2013-07-31
Age : 17
Location : Spokane, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Seventh Avenue Album

Post by Andreas89 on Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:05 am

See? There's no general rule on this, apart from what the artist or label thinks Wink

And since we're pointing out weird statistics on this subject, I'd like to point at Transatlantic's The Whirlwind. One song, about 78 minutes. But well, there's no doubt about the fact that that's an album.
avatar
Andreas89
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Posts : 633
Join date : 2016-03-09
Age : 27
Location : Potsdam, Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Seventh Avenue Album

Post by Hardcore Christian on Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:35 am

Andreas89 wrote:See? There's no general rule on this, apart from what the artist or label thinks Wink

And since we're pointing out weird statistics on this subject, I'd like to point at Transatlantic's The Whirlwind. One song, about 78 minutes. But well, there's no doubt about the fact that that's an album.
Uh no, I think thats a single! lol! Just Joking
avatar
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 3689
Join date : 2013-07-31
Age : 17
Location : Spokane, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Seventh Avenue Album

Post by Hardcore Christian on Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:09 pm

Just got a copy of Eternals in the mail! Metal 1

Liking it so far, it seems the production isnt as good as other albums
avatar
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 3689
Join date : 2013-07-31
Age : 17
Location : Spokane, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Seventh Avenue Album

Post by Fundy on Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:48 am

Like some of the others have said Seventh Avenue got better with each release, so I reckon Terium is their best.  Although Eternals is just as awesome!  It was a sad day when they quit in 2012.

Here's a letter from mike in 2012

Hi, this will be the final Avenue newsletter. Why the final? Why, one thing is: I have left the band and another is:
Seventh Avenue is not any longer in the way you know it. T
his is heavy news, I know. But let me explain. We haven’t
parted badly. I just came clear with the knowing that I don’t have the same goals with the music as Herbie, Flo and Markus have.


We discussed a lot about our music and about Seventh Avenue. It came out, that the name “Seventh Avenue” is
associated with white metal. And this is not wrong at all. But it is prejudicial to have commercial success, to be booked
for „regular“ festivals and shows. Many people, and more important: many reviewers are not impartial if they know
about our Christian background. That’s why there will be a new band which enters the music scene with a “clean
image”. Of course, this doesn’t changes our attitude to the belief.


The last sixteen years have been a good and an important period for me. And I regret almost nothing.
Herbie, Flo and Markus will find a new drummer and keep on rocking under a new name.


I thank you all for your loyalty to Seventh Avenue.
Mike
avatar
Fundy
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Posts : 361
Join date : 2012-02-05

https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Seventh Avenue Album

Post by My Awesome Timothy on Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:58 am

Fundy wrote:Like some of the others have said Seventh Avenue got better with each release, so I reckon Terium is their best.  Although Eternals is just as awesome!  It was a sad day when they quit in 2012.

Here's a letter from mike in 2012

Hi, this will be the final Avenue newsletter. Why the final? Why, one thing is: I have left the band and another is:
Seventh Avenue is not any longer in the way you know it. T
his is heavy news, I know. But let me explain. We haven’t
parted badly. I just came clear with the knowing that I don’t have the same goals with the music as Herbie, Flo and Markus have.


We discussed a lot about our music and about Seventh Avenue. It came out, that the name “Seventh Avenue” is
associated with white metal. And this is not wrong at all. But it is prejudicial to have commercial success, to be booked
for „regular“ festivals and shows. Many people, and more important: many reviewers are not impartial if they know
about our Christian background. That’s why there will be a new band which enters the music scene with a “clean
image”. Of course, this doesn’t changes our attitude to the belief.


The last sixteen years have been a good and an important period for me. And I regret almost nothing.
Herbie, Flo and Markus will find a new drummer and keep on rocking under a new name.


I thank you all for your loyalty to Seventh Avenue.
Mike


Let's hope the spinoff from SA happens and 'RADIANT' is born!!!
avatar
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 1270
Join date : 2012-02-02
Location : England

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Seventh Avenue Album

Post by Thiago-Brazil on Sat May 06, 2017 5:49 am

After 5 years, more or less, I finally have found the time to revisit Eternals album and just remembered why the band was so awesome. It's heavy, the lyrics are clearly about christianity and the vocals are amazing.

But in half an hour, I see why I don't listen to the Seventh Avenue that much. The songs are too long and make listening to an album a tiring experience. At least a few of their songs could have less than 6 minutes. Sometimes 3:30 minutes is enough for a song.
avatar
Thiago-Brazil
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 1349
Join date : 2012-03-12
Age : 29
Location : São Paulo - Brazil

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Seventh Avenue Album

Post by Andreas89 on Sat May 06, 2017 6:06 am

^Exactly! Their albums last for over an hour (as far as I know), and from a certain moment listening to it becomes kind of a chore. And that's really a pity, because there's plenty of potential for 40-45 minutes of awesome music on each album.
avatar
Andreas89
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Posts : 633
Join date : 2016-03-09
Age : 27
Location : Potsdam, Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Seventh Avenue Album

Post by Hardcore Christian on Sat May 06, 2017 3:18 pm

Thiago-Brazil wrote:After 5 years, more or less, I finally have found the time to revisit Eternals album and just remembered why the band was so awesome. It's heavy, the lyrics are clearly about christianity and the vocals are amazing.

But in half an hour, I see why I don't listen to the Seventh Avenue that much. The songs are too long and make listening to an album a tiring experience. At least a few of their songs could have less than 6 minutes. Sometimes 3:30 minutes is enough for a song.

Andreas89 wrote:^Exactly! Their albums last for over an hour (as far as I know), and from a certain moment listening to it becomes kind of a chore. And that's really a pity, because there's plenty of potential for 40-45 minutes of awesome music on each album.
Yes and yes!

I think thats why Tales Of Tales is my favorite, its the shortest, and has a few perfectly placed ballads that break up the album, and make it seem shorter
avatar
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 3689
Join date : 2013-07-31
Age : 17
Location : Spokane, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Seventh Avenue Album

Post by Blake on Mon May 08, 2017 10:09 am

The first Seventh Avenue album I ever heard was Between the Worlds. I have only heard from Southgate and up, never heard the previous releases.

Of those though I'm going to have to say that Terium was my favorite. I felt on Terium they really created a lot of catchy melodies, my favorite being "Futures Dawn". Eternals was a close 2nd, my favorites on that being Infinite King and Domination of Sin. Terium does have much crisper production which is always welcome but that in no way is indicative of the music quality obviously, but in this case I prefer Terium
avatar
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 1144
Join date : 2014-01-13
Age : 32
Location : Owasso, Oklahoma

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Seventh Avenue Album

Post by alldatndensum on Mon May 08, 2017 10:06 pm

Seventh Avenue is another of those bands that just don't click with me.  I've owned all of their CDs--some a couple of times.  I tried and tried to love them but always seem to end up trading the discs away.  I just don't seem to get what all the hype is about.

I know--I am weird like that!
avatar
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Posts : 4365
Join date : 2012-02-06
Age : 48
Location : Tennessee

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Seventh Avenue Album

Post by Black Rider on Tue May 09, 2017 11:16 am

If I know you alldat, the songs were too long and you lost focus.  Razz
avatar
Black Rider
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 2738
Join date : 2012-02-01
Location : Naches, Wa.

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Seventh Avenue Album

Post by alldatndensum on Tue May 09, 2017 10:16 pm

Black Rider wrote:If I know you alldat, the songs were too long and you lost focus.  Razz
Very true!
avatar
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Posts : 4365
Join date : 2012-02-06
Age : 48
Location : Tennessee

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Seventh Avenue Album

Post by Hardcore Christian on Wed May 10, 2017 8:16 pm

alldatndensum wrote:Seventh Avenue is another of those bands that just don't click with me. I just don't seem to get what all the hype is about.
The exact same with me and Theocracy!
avatar
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 3689
Join date : 2013-07-31
Age : 17
Location : Spokane, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Seventh Avenue Album

Post by Andreas89 on Thu May 11, 2017 4:28 am

^If I were a mod, I'd give you a week to think about that...
avatar
Andreas89
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Posts : 633
Join date : 2016-03-09
Age : 27
Location : Potsdam, Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Seventh Avenue Album

Post by Hardcore Christian on Thu May 11, 2017 9:06 am

Andreas89 wrote:^If I were a mod, I'd give you a week to think about that...
I thought about putting at the end of that post:

Here comes the angry mobs with pitch forks

But this time I thought no one would respond to my heresy! Razz
avatar
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 3689
Join date : 2013-07-31
Age : 17
Location : Spokane, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Seventh Avenue Album

Post by Andreas89 on Thu May 11, 2017 9:16 am

You shouldn't have forgotten about the law student who tries to run from his master thesis duty then.
avatar
Andreas89
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Posts : 633
Join date : 2016-03-09
Age : 27
Location : Potsdam, Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Seventh Avenue Album

Post by alldatndensum on Thu May 11, 2017 8:27 pm

Hardcore Christian wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:Seventh Avenue is another of those bands that just don't click with me. I just don't seem to get what all the hype is about.
The exact same with me and Theocracy!



I think we are in the same boat, here.  Of course, I am the CMR villiage idiot and no one really takes my musical choices seriously.  lol!
avatar
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Posts : 4365
Join date : 2012-02-06
Age : 48
Location : Tennessee

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Seventh Avenue Album

Post by stringfellow_hawke on Thu May 11, 2017 11:07 pm

Eternals  for me but I must confess that is the only one I have.  Domination of Sin is my favorite song.  Always has been.
avatar
stringfellow_hawke
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Posts : 88
Join date : 2017-05-10
Age : 31
Location : West Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Seventh Avenue Album

Post by Hardcore Christian on Mon May 15, 2017 3:00 pm

alldatndensum wrote:
Hardcore Christian wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:Seventh Avenue is another of those bands that just don't click with me. I just don't seem to get what all the hype is about.
The exact same with me and Theocracy!



I think we are in the same boat, here.  Of course, I am the CMR villiage idiot and no one really takes my musical choices seriously.  lol!
I dont know about being 2 idiots in the same boat Razz
avatar
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 3689
Join date : 2013-07-31
Age : 17
Location : Spokane, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Favorite Seventh Avenue Album

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum